Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server name wipe

Elite
07.13.2014 , 04:13 PM | #1
Hello everyone!!!!! I was on vacation and away from swtor when this server name wipe happened a few months ago.(bummed out) and i missed a name i really wanted to get. I think i understand that any f2p under lvl 30 who is inactive for longer then 30 days got their name taken correct? Any players who have lvl 30+ toons sub or f2p will not be affected. So my question is will this ever happen again or can someone give me some more info please?

Damask_Rose
07.13.2014 , 06:14 PM | #2
The name wipe was back in November. There have been no hints of another one in the works that I have heard.

Game Development Tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

Heal-To-Full
07.14.2014 , 08:59 AM | #3
I'm positive the renames are ongoing, as only 3 months ago I got a name I've been tracking for a long time, the non-playing owner had it forcibly changed.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

JediRelentless
07.14.2014 , 09:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
I'm positive the renames are ongoing, .
Wrong.

Heal-To-Full
07.14.2014 , 11:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
Wrong.
Then why did so many inactives get renamed in 2014?
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

RiVaN_
07.14.2014 , 12:29 PM | #6
Wrong.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Names of F2P and prefered players get reset every 30 days starting with the last day the character played if you are under lvl 30. Once you reach lvl 30 th ename is yours unless you delete your account or your account gets banned. Read through the patch notes. It was put in place after 2.0.

I can tell you that this is correct because 32 days ago I created 2 F2P accounts for my kids and they have not played since. I logged into the accounts and had to rename them both. I received an on screen notice that my character names were reset due to inactivity.
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate
Nikolete, Scoundrel, Republic FlashFire - Souls of Fate
Ra'mel, Merc - The Gentelman Bastards
Souls of Fate - Jedi Covenant

AshlaBoga
07.14.2014 , 01:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Names of F2P and prefered players get reset every 30 days starting with the last day the character played if you are under lvl 30. Once you reach lvl 30 th ename is yours unless you delete your account or your account gets banned. Read through the patch notes. It was put in place after 2.0.

I can tell you that this is correct because 32 days ago I created 2 F2P accounts for my kids and they have not played since. I logged into the accounts and had to rename them both. I received an on screen notice that my character names were reset due to inactivity.
I don't think it's 30 days if you're preferred.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JediRelentless
07.14.2014 , 07:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post

That has not been the case for me. Very recently logged in to 2 F2P accounts , both with very low level characters. Accounts that were ignored for a few months. No renames needed.

Darth__Reaver
07.20.2014 , 10:48 PM | #9
That has not been the case for me. Very recently logged in to 2 F2P accounts , both with very low level characters. Accounts that were ignored for a few months. No renames needed.
That means no one took the names

Unchosen
07.21.2014 , 06:35 PM | #10
The name wipe, fall 2013. "As of right now this is a one time name renewal, so if you are unaffected on the 12th then you will not have to follow these rules unless we do a renewal again at a later date. Of course if we do that we will notify players of it so they can save their names. " -BW

When have they announced anything after this about purging names?