Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm a dps, not a healer.(Tactical Flashpoints)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I'm a dps, not a healer.(Tactical Flashpoints)

dipstik
07.15.2014 , 11:40 AM | #21
i always ask someone to spec heals if we dont have one. if u dont and we die, then i will complain. at least offheal.

i love to blindly dps as much as the next, but when im on a healing class, i typically end up healing, just to make the run go faster.

now, if u are in the tactical without an xp boost and time doesnt matter, then sure... we can wipe all day and it doesnt matter... but typically, in kdy, people have xp boosts and want to go quick, which isnt much of an option without a healer.

undiess
07.15.2014 , 11:48 AM | #22
Those that don't offheal to keep members up are bad, period. If you have the ability to offheal as a dps and you just let someone die... you're slowing the group down by being stubborn. I leveled a commando from 15-55 completely in KDY and always at LEAST offhealed knowing that it would make flashpoint go by quicker. I always prefer DPS spec so even in DPS spec I would offheal. It's not at all unreasonable a request and why you're in a GROUP to begin with. If it's that unreasonable for you, stick to solo content.

Kryand
07.15.2014 , 12:03 PM | #23
Off-healing is dumb. Respec to heals if you're going to heal.
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral

Brutal
07.15.2014 , 07:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Why am I constantly being asked "can you respect to heals, or off heal us". The Tactical Falshpoints does not require
a healer. If you're unable to complete the flashpoint without a healer, decline the queue when it pops...and wait for a group with healer.
if im on my low lvl dps that can heal i will do it (staying in dps spec dont need to respec) just to chain pull and get it done faster

bromotion
07.16.2014 , 11:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
If you're not a Sentinel or Gunslinger you aren't a DPS. If you are a Shadow or Guardian and not tanking, you're doing it wrong.
This...really upsets me. For a shadow, yes, but that is only because their DPS is not a currently viable spec ATM. Same thing with focus guardians, although focus is still viable for FPs with a lot of AoE required.

But you obviously haven't played a vigilance spec. guardian before. Somewhat difficult but very fun spec to play, and has single target damage on par with most sentinels. Just last night in a GF TFB run (everyone bolstered), I frequently found myself pulling aggro over the tank, two sentinels, and a gunslinger. I was using my threat drop almost every fight.

Plus you can actually take a hit or two

Didn't mean to go so off topic, but I just couldn't not say anything.

Kryand
07.16.2014 , 02:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by bromotion View Post
For a shadow, yes, but that is only because their DPS is not a currently viable spec ATM.
I guess you haven't looked at the DPS leaderboards since 2.8.
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral

wadecounty
07.16.2014 , 03:03 PM | #27
In 55 tacticals, I agree, no healer needed. In lowbie KDY's, eh, there are times at least off heals can make a big difference. Was in a 4 DPS group the other day and had the general boss, I was 'tanking' as a level 28 Marauder, and even with struggling to hit kolto stations on cooldown and cycling all my cooldowns (yes we cleansed all the grenades) I still spent about half the fight below 20% health, before finally dying once.

I could have easily lived if the Operative with us just threw out 1 or 2 cast heals... but nope, for him, pew pew was more important. I really wished I had camo so I could have just dropped all that crap on them and made them deal with it.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

StormTerminus
07.31.2014 , 10:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Dras_Keto View Post
Assuming that you didnt, its just that three DPS and a healer is the best way to do KDY. Without a healer youll have to stop and heal for 5-10 seconds after most packs. With one, you steamroll through with no downtime.
To be honest, the best way to do KDY is two beefy DPS and two geared Treeks while in voice chat BSing. It won't get your group finder weekly done but if your buddy wants KDY kits for a speeder it is easy and quick.

Ogamii
07.31.2014 , 10:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
Those that don't offheal to keep members up are bad, period. If you have the ability to offheal as a dps and you just let someone die... you're slowing the group down by being stubborn. I leveled a commando from 15-55 completely in KDY and always at LEAST offhealed knowing that it would make flashpoint go by quicker. I always prefer DPS spec so even in DPS spec I would offheal. It's not at all unreasonable a request and why you're in a GROUP to begin with. If it's that unreasonable for you, stick to solo content.
I agree 100% with this statement, and im willing to bet that if the class that can heal ends up tanking something they'll take the time to heal themselves so why be selfish and not do the same for others that are tanking mobs in your group.

Dras_Keto
07.31.2014 , 10:57 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Why am I constantly being asked "can you respect to heals, or off heal us". The Tactical Falshpoints does not require
a healer. If you're unable to complete the flashpoint without a healer, decline the queue when it pops...and wait for a group with healer.
Tacticals do not require a healer and are certainly not difficult to complete without one, but having a healer makes everything faster and smoother. Without a healer, you will spend about as much time in combat as you do standing around using your out of combat recharge abilities. Yeah, you have more dps, but it actually takes far longer. If one person spends their time healing, it means you can just plow through things without stopping. No stopping to rez the lowbie marauder who doesnt know where their cooldowns are, nothing.

That being said, if you are queued as a dps (and are in the group as a dps) and people are asking you to heal, you are under absolutely ZERO obligation to do so. If they kick you for not healing, they are just *******es. HOWEVER. If you have heals selected, which will always put you in the group as a 'healer," and refuse to heal, then the problem is yours. There is no role priority for tacticals, you dont get a group any faster if you select all the roles your class is capable of performing or just the one you intend to use.