Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm a dps, not a healer.(Tactical Flashpoints)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I'm a dps, not a healer.(Tactical Flashpoints)

venomlash
07.12.2014 , 06:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Depends on exact class and spec. I find that explaining your/your class's limits at the beginning when someone asks, helps a lot, and can stave off a lot of drama, unless you're grouped with complete window-lickers --which obviously can and does happen. Nothing you can do about that, though.

IME:
[snip]
Damager Scoundrel:

Nope! Too long to cast, too much energy use, no instants without spec'cing as heals. Should be saved for self-only.
Scrapper is useless for off-heals, but Dirty Fighting does have the option to take Scurry, a high-tree talent which (among other boosts) makes it so that using Scamper causes your next Kolto Pack to be instant, free, and not cost Upper Hand. If the dookie is hitting the fan, you're likely to be Scampering off into the sunset to get your squishy self to safety anyway, so having that free (and fairly potent!) heal available to you can be quite helpful, whether for self-heals or for tank-heals.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Halinalle
07.13.2014 , 12:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Reallynotaknight View Post
Got a real tank in a tactical core meltdown who insisted my dps sorc not dps anymore because I stole aggro off of her. After two wipes I was forced to only click healing stations. I guess the guy never heard of taunts or guard or anything. We needed extra healing because it couldn't get to the generators in time as a jug.
No, he just didn't know how to play his class. Btw, tanks should never open with taunt.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Dayshadow
07.13.2014 , 01:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Why am I constantly being asked "can you respect to heals, or off heal us". The Tactical Falshpoints does not require
a healer. If you're unable to complete the flashpoint without a healer, decline the queue when it pops...and wait for a group with healer.
If you're not a Sentinel or Gunslinger you aren't a DPS. If you are a Shadow or Guardian and not tanking, you're doing it wrong.

Now get me some kolto, boy!!! Chop! Chop!

(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Dras_Keto
07.13.2014 , 03:02 PM | #14
Well, I guess the first question is did you check both heal and dps? IE, did you have the little heal icon on you? Id like to assume thats not the case, but kind of have to ask.

Assuming that you didnt, its just that three DPS and a healer is the best way to do KDY. Without a healer youll have to stop and heal for 5-10 seconds after most packs. With one, you steamroll through with no downtime.

AshlaBoga
07.13.2014 , 03:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Because they are used to healer keeping them at 100% between pulls. Now, without a healer they don't know how to use their out of combat heal ability. I don't even want to know how that's possible...
Easy, they're really really really bad.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

wainot-keel
07.13.2014 , 04:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Not that I bother with tactical flashpoints anymore outside of the occasional Assault on Tython (just because I like watching Narnia burn), but whenever I do deign to tank these mindless zerg fests, it usually consists of me holding everyone's hands and continually saving them from their own stupidity. Because even in content designed to support their go-go-go wooooo shiny play-style, most dps are truly helpless people in need of a Shepard.

You're welcome.
No need for your help, but thanks though. I play my own tanks when they matter, which is not on tacticals.

IMO, the best set up for one of these is 3 dps and healer, where nobody stops and no need of out of combat healing. If a dps is makes a silly move, still a healer will be better at saving the situation. A tank will do too, but.. out of combat heal and stuff....

Reallynotaknight
07.13.2014 , 04:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
No, he just didn't know how to play his class. Btw, tanks should never open with taunt.
Never said anything about opening with taunt, anyone who knows how threat works knows that opening with taunt on a boss is silly...
The Jug just wouldn't use taunt before trying to kite the boss around, and just my dots would have me rip aggro. I lead the boss to one of the generators for it to smash it, and the jug taunted it back to the middle and tried to slowly walk it to the gen himself. After we wiped he blamed the other people in the party, and insisted that I only heal. It was an annoyingly slow way to beat the fp. The jug could have used friendly leap to get to me, use the passive that lets you move faster if someone you have guarded is taking damage, anything at its disposal. Instead it slowly trudged to each gen, guaranteeing two smashes per sandstorm. Not a chance of this guy ever beating it in hardmode since he struggled that much on a tactical.

Final boss he needed on a willpower drop to try to get me back for saying he was a bad tank. It was funny having him think anything in that flashpoint would be an upgrade for me.
Reallynotatank Shieldtech Powertech
Donotwant Madness Sorc
Whatsahealer Operative Healer
Ahhrunaway Merc

JackNader
07.13.2014 , 08:49 PM | #18
The majority of people in this game are so bad they DO require a healer for tacticals. Clicking those health stations is apparently too difficult.

DuEldrvarya
07.14.2014 , 02:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
No need for your help, but thanks though. I play my own tanks when they matter, which is not on tacticals.

IMO, the best set up for one of these is 3 dps and healer, where nobody stops and no need of out of combat healing. If a dps is makes a silly move, still a healer will be better at saving the situation. A tank will do too, but.. out of combat heal and stuff....
correction, since we are looking at overall idealness.

Two aoe dps (smash or ap or engineering or hell even tk will do)
two anni mara's

What is that thing called a healer you ask? IDK cause we dont want one....
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
Hates You Redemption
Dread Master Gate Crasher

wainot-keel
07.14.2014 , 05:32 PM | #20
lol... that sounds like a huge hassle, specially for a tactical.... not only specific classes but also specific specs...
3 dps and 1 heals whateves....much easier to setup.