Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

Sangrar
07.12.2014 , 04:39 PM | #21
I pvp on my tank Juggernaut all the time, what are you even talking about I don't even...
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Tevzz
07.12.2014 , 05:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
I pvp on my tank Juggernaut all the time, what are you even talking about I don't even...
Nobody would care about focusing a tank Jugg...that would be retarded...now try playing a sentinel without a healer, in fact, even with one you're often the priority target. Not saying Sentinels are bad, but with teams often being 6-7/8 ranged it can be pretty tough to be a melee.
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

Darth__Reaver
07.12.2014 , 05:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
Hydraulics? Good Positioning? Stay near other ranged so they pew pew jugs off you?
I do but like I said with 3 or more you have trouble as a merc 1 vs 1 is completely different because if the melee player has less skill then I'm able to survive and kill however I'm dps not healz so if 3 guards/jugs or Mara/sents jump in me well I hope I can gun down the Mara/sent be4 I'm put to grass

kaimelion
07.12.2014 , 05:21 PM | #24
Another thread about bads getting crushed?
Azod / Azid - now playing with power! TWITCH
DRAMA

Darth__Reaver
07.12.2014 , 05:26 PM | #25
. 1 stun and you're finished or damn near close to finish. That's all for that.)[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight you say ranged has the advantage how ever assassins/shadows can x2 stun and stealth with a little backstage and break stealth to leave combat heal with stims come back to backstab you and finish you off... Sounds like a pretty good advantage to me so sorry if I think your post has not meaning. Maybe you should try a ranged and look from the inside out?

Nokecity
07.13.2014 , 02:18 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
What advantage? Honestly madness is pretty much the only ranged spec that stands out in this game. Marauder is kinda starting to fall behind from specific nerfs but overall melee has no problem completely shutting down every ranged class in the game. Madness spec is pretty much the only one that stands out. Pyro mercs can sorta do it but nowhere near as well as madness. Snipers are only a thread if you leave them alone and die quite easily if they even get a minor amount of focus on them. Ranged is doing better, but its hardly at an advantage. This game is still heavily focused on melee and melee still easily deals with ranged in this game.
Im done addressing you ... you just don't get what im saying

Nokecity
07.13.2014 , 02:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
If you don't like playing your meele, don't do it.

Play a ranged class. Oh, you would lose all the advantages your meele class has, thats why you don't, right!?
If you would read b4 you post you would see that I said I have all classes to 55 ... but who reads anyways right

Nokecity
07.13.2014 , 02:22 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by kaimelion View Post
Another thread about bads getting crushed?
This statement I will not even entertain. I'll just laugh at this ****

ToMyMa
07.13.2014 , 02:30 AM | #29
Uhh, couldn't you just put all of those posts into a single one?

Or was it too complicated?
Tanvir
Tier 1 commando Season 1 through 3
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Nokecity
07.13.2014 , 02:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Uhh, couldn't you just put all of those posts into a single one?

Or was it too complicated?
I felt each person deserved their fair share ... but no its not to complicated but thx for asking kthxbai