Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

Nokecity's Avatar


Nokecity
07.11.2014 , 04:52 PM | #1
Title says it all

Darth__Reaver's Avatar


Darth__Reaver
07.11.2014 , 04:56 PM | #2
Your trolling I know this because jug/guards can keep on a range (all I play is a merc) all the time. Only one on one can i keep jugs off me but if I have three 3 on me? Quick respawn at least

Nokecity's Avatar


Nokecity
07.11.2014 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Reaver View Post
Your trolling I know this because jug/guards can keep on a range (all I play is a merc) all the time. Only one on one can i keep jugs off me but if I have three 3 on me? Quick respawn at least
OK well if all you run is a merc then you can't understand why I made this thread

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.11.2014 , 05:55 PM | #4
In terms of ranked? The only strong ranged class is a sage. Everything else is melee, so not sure where you're coming from here.

Warlord_Maliken's Avatar


Warlord_Maliken
07.11.2014 , 06:06 PM | #5
the original post isnt trolling....
- being range in all 3 brackets is easier, more smooth, less stressful, and can make you shine more on the charts.
- people (very) typically target melee, not range, during warzone battles.
- range classes are not vulnerable nukers, they can survive and have a fine defensive system.
- its easier to see everything thats going on in the battle when you are in the back shooting from afar. from a friendly healer that's in trouble, to a new enemy joining the fight, to an enemy target that just lost his defensive cd's (duration ended).

That being said, you can still perform wonderfully with any class melee or range. Why play melee if its easier and more relaxing as a range? Well, its fun being melee. Thats all there is to it really. I like being up close and personal, and to me playing range (sorc/merc/sniper) gets old fast, whereas my melees do not. My sniper is by far my most dominant range dps'er but i literally dont play him anymore ever, because its just, bland for me. Almost too easy.

My above post is about regular warzone pvp, not ranked.
P.S. I can play my range classes in a bean-bag and get into it. If i try that with my melee characters..... - its like mosh pitting at a Goo Goo Dolls concert, its just a no go. Range and melee grant very different experiences/vibes when played in pvp.
"The Sith know him as The Golden Sasquatch Of Korriban. The Jedi call him The Vicious Manbearpig in their tongue. His signature move is Sasquatch Strike. When you see this, you must run." ~Master Gnost Dural
Spoiler

Nokecity's Avatar


Nokecity
07.11.2014 , 06:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
In terms of ranked? The only strong ranged class is a sage. Everything else is melee, so not sure where you're coming from here.
What I'm getting at is everything is so buffed in the game especially rdps. Its not that im saying that in a 1v1 situation can melee out perform ranged or is it balanced that's not what im saying because pvp is team based and when you are melee going against 3-5 sorc/sages then throw in a sniper hell even a merc then it can be quite difficult to perform at your best unless you have a really good pocket healer. But this isn't a QQ just venting that's all.

Nokecity's Avatar


Nokecity
07.11.2014 , 06:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
the original post isnt trolling....
- being range in all 3 brackets is easier, more smooth, less stressful, and can make you shine more on the charts.
- people (very) typically target melee, not range, during warzone battles.
- range classes are not vulnerable nukers, they can survive and have a fine defensive system.
- its easier to see everything thats going on in the battle when you are in the back shooting from afar. from a healer thats in trouble, to a new enemy joining the fight, to an enemy target that just lost his defensive cd's (duration ended).

That being said, you can still perform wonderfully with any class melee or range. Why play melee if its easier and more relaxing as a range? Well, its fun being melee. Thats all there is to it really. I like being up close and personal, and to me playing range (sorc/merc/sniper) gets old fast, whereas my melees do not. My sniper is by far my most dominant range dps'er but i literally dont play him anymore ever, because its just, bland for me. Almost too easy.

This post is about warzone pvp, not ranked.
/agree ... glad you could simplify it for me I don't use the forums much

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
07.11.2014 , 07:17 PM | #8
Yeah, melee is at such a disadvantage....

Go do some rankeds with a ranged class (specifically Merc/Sniper) vs. all melee, then get back to this thread, and let us all know how it went.

Tevzz's Avatar


Tevzz
07.11.2014 , 07:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Reaver View Post
Your trolling I know this because jug/guards can keep on a range (all I play is a merc) all the time. Only one on one can i keep jugs off me but if I have three 3 on me? Quick respawn at least
Hydraulics? Good Positioning? Stay near other ranged so they pew pew jugs off you?
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

Ancagalon's Avatar


Ancagalon
07.12.2014 , 12:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Yeah, melee is at such a disadvantage....

Go do some rankeds with a ranged class (specifically Merc/Sniper) vs. all melee, then get back to this thread, and let us all know how it went.
+1

ps: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.