Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Raptus Challenge in NiM tier

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Raptus Challenge in NiM tier

ZentheSecond's Avatar


ZentheSecond
07.10.2014 , 10:27 PM | #1
Tank Combo is a Sin/Jugg, I run hybrid spec on the Sin.

So I go in and do my normal thing, drop a FL w/ 3 stacks to get 4 protection stacks, pop Blackout, let it run its course (while keeping ward up). Medpac around 60-70%, then when I get back through that HP... Pop cloak, and by then normally the challenge has ended. During the medpack time, the Jugg is Interceding to me (and yes he guards me before going on).

Thing is, I'm really low... Like dangerously low sometimes coming out. I come out somewhere between 10%-35% in HP and I even kind of have had to use my Overcharge saber to make it through.

Is there anything that I can do differently to make it through this bloody thing. As it seems like tanking the boss itself is easier (granted I have not seen the sub 40% spinning phase yet), I just want to make it through both challenges and come out of them as high of an HP pool as possible. Since I can't relay on my healers being able to be out to top me off if I need to pick up the boss.

Only thing I can think of doing differently is swapping my medpac from purple to a blue (more HP, plus the HoT might help mitigate some). I am also considering replacing the mods/enhancements I have at 180 (or even 186 tier if I get them) with higher endurance just so I have a bigger pool to deal with this guy (Can't even believe I'm considering this... my god). I even get a bubble and 2 Probes going in as well... And its roug... Anyone got tips that has done it, specifically on a Sin/Shadow?
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
07.11.2014 , 12:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
Tank Combo is a Sin/Jugg, I run hybrid spec on the Sin.

So I go in and do my normal thing, drop a FL w/ 3 stacks to get 4 protection stacks, pop Blackout, let it run its course (while keeping ward up). Medpac around 60-70%, then when I get back through that HP... Pop cloak, and by then normally the challenge has ended. During the medpack time, the Jugg is Interceding to me (and yes he guards me before going on).

Thing is, I'm really low... Like dangerously low sometimes coming out. I come out somewhere between 10%-35% in HP and I even kind of have had to use my Overcharge saber to make it through.

Is there anything that I can do differently to make it through this bloody thing. As it seems like tanking the boss itself is easier (granted I have not seen the sub 40% spinning phase yet), I just want to make it through both challenges and come out of them as high of an HP pool as possible. Since I can't relay on my healers being able to be out to top me off if I need to pick up the boss.

Only thing I can think of doing differently is swapping my medpac from purple to a blue (more HP, plus the HoT might help mitigate some). I am also considering replacing the mods/enhancements I have at 180 (or even 186 tier if I get them) with higher endurance just so I have a bigger pool to deal with this guy (Can't even believe I'm considering this... my god). I even get a bubble and 2 Probes going in as well... And its roug... Anyone got tips that has done it, specifically on a Sin/Shadow?
I haven't done it, but are you alternating who's closest? apparently the AoE does more damage to the guy closer, so not swapping ranges between each other is hurting yourself
__________________________________________________
Kwerty, 55 Vanguard on The Harbinger
And others
Learn to play a DPS Vanguard with this guide.

ZentheSecond's Avatar


ZentheSecond
07.11.2014 , 08:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I haven't done it, but are you alternating who's closest? apparently the AoE does more damage to the guy closer, so not swapping ranges between each other is hurting yourself
We were not as the snippet of KBN's post in the dulfy guide made it sound like the hybrid Sin could take it all. We may need to swap after my cloak out darkswell ends. The Jugg I was with just chilled with enraged on and kind of laughed at the lack of damage he was taking... So swapping might not be bad, but then both of us will have a bit lower HP coming out instead of just one.

I checked my logs, in many of our pulls where we got through both challenges I averaged around 1.2k DtPS from just Berserker Curse. Most of the hits were sub 1000 hits but you can clearly see when my CDs were off as I jumped to 2k ticks...
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

Joel_Eisenlipz's Avatar


Joel_Eisenlipz
07.14.2014 , 09:39 AM | #4
Our team hasn't made it this far, but for months my co-tank and I have been taking turns soloing the hard mode challenge (to make it a vacation for whomever is challenged, and help transition out of the challenges). In hard mode, it seems like the challenge is ~75k total F/T I/E AoE damage (pre-mitigation) before it ends.

Has anyone been able to back-out their mitigation in order to ballpark what the total damage is for the nightmare challenge?

Also, I have never run this in 16-man, but my understanding is that the number of people entering each challenge skews the objective required to pass.
PANDAMONIUM
Website | Application
Alema-rar, Axe-l Rose, Compass Rose, Mungo-jerrie, Sparį
Brian-williams, By-tór, By'tor, Minsį, Captain Plančt

ZentheSecond's Avatar


ZentheSecond
07.14.2014 , 05:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Eisenlipz View Post
Our team hasn't made it this far, but for months my co-tank and I have been taking turns soloing the hard mode challenge (to make it a vacation for whomever is challenged, and help transition out of the challenges). In hard mode, it seems like the challenge is ~75k total F/T I/E AoE damage (pre-mitigation) before it ends.

Has anyone been able to back-out their mitigation in order to ballpark what the total damage is for the nightmare challenge?

Also, I have never run this in 16-man, but my understanding is that the number of people entering each challenge skews the objective required to pass.
Its no longer I/E damage but K/E damage, specifically energy. Its AoE based still, and now its shieldable. I can take a guess at the amount of damage I took over both Challenges;
96548 Damage Taken Total. This is post mitigation.
120685 damage Taken Total, this figure is presuming I had 25% DR bonus via Darkswell/Overcharge the entire time.
156890 Damage Taken Total, this figure is backing out from the previous figure to what my base DR would be if I wasn't in Hybrid.

Somehow looking at those numbers I feel my math is waaaay off. Thinking about it though two things come to mind. The first is, its 2 challenges... So a single challenge is 78445 damage taken prior to my mitigation ability (not including that I probably shielded some of those attacks, so its all a rough guess of mine at the moment). The second thing coming to my mind is something in my log... I'm the proximity tank... So 2 ticks every second... Taking both of those into account... I could see pre-mitigation damage numbers being 75k+ to the closer tank and somewhere around a third of that for the further tank (so something like 25k+).

Here is a link the log if you'd like to pick at it; http://www.torparse.com/a/719094
The last 11 entries in it are of the Raptus fight.

Ultimately I would love to pick the brain of someone that has tanked this fight, especially if they have done it on a Sin/Shadow.
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

OMGITSJAD's Avatar


OMGITSJAD
07.14.2014 , 11:10 PM | #6
Haven't done the challenge myself, so this isn't a verified suggestion...It would work in theory though, since most of the damage is energy-based, I just don't know how much it would lower the damage exactly...

Since you're Biochem, Reusable Nano-Infused Absorb Adrenal(and then Blackout+ Intercede after it runs out for the last 5 seconds of the curse) for one of the challenges and then Reusable Rakata Absorb Adrenal(and then Blackout+ Intercede after it runs out) for the second challenge maybe?

(edited cause of Kuciwalker's correction)

Kuciwalker's Avatar


Kuciwalker
07.15.2014 , 07:22 AM | #7
The Rakata adrenals are better than the nano-infused ones 100% of the time last I checked.

Joel_Eisenlipz's Avatar


Joel_Eisenlipz
07.15.2014 , 11:09 AM | #8
I just quickly looked through those 11 attempts. All but one of the times you went in for the challenge you got a single tick of elemental damage, followed by all energy--except for one attempt. That was also the only time you never picked-up the "Shared Burden" effect from the Doomed Captive.

This makes me wonder if the challenge changes (damage type) when a second tank enters the challenge. If you were usually the first in, but not by much, then this would make sense I suppose.

Would you have any way to confirm your co-tank's presence for each of these attempts (specifically during your 8th entry)?
PANDAMONIUM
Website | Application
Alema-rar, Axe-l Rose, Compass Rose, Mungo-jerrie, Sparį
Brian-williams, By-tór, By'tor, Minsį, Captain Plančt

ZentheSecond's Avatar


ZentheSecond
07.15.2014 , 03:51 PM | #9
I was not able to find the 8th pull in his logs... Sadly when I stealth out or one of us dies it seems I make a new log for the fight (makes sense) but its hard to determine it. I did find however one log of note from my co-tank;

I had stealthed as I walked into the portal to open with darkswell, lost the crystal before I actually got ported so he went in solo and died. And his log reads something like this (can't copy and paste well atm, making this post while commuting home);

22:43:24.445 220s Berserker Curse 4097 elemental No Doomed Captive
22:43:24.446 220s Berserker Curse 685 energy No Doomed Captive
22:43:24.943 220s Berserker Curse 7170 elemental No Doomed Captive
22:43:24.943 220s Berserker Curse 1199 energy No Doomed Captive
22:43:25.449 221s Berserker Curse 7170 elemental No Doomed Captive
22:43:25.450 221s Berserker Curse 2054 energy No Doomed Captive
22:43:25.937 221s Berserker Curse 7170 elemental No Doomed Captive
22:43:25.937 221s Berserker Curse 1199 energy No Doomed Captive
22:43:26.369 222s Berserker Curse 7170 elemental No Doomed Captive
22:43:26.370 222s Berserker Curse 2054 energy No Doomed Captive
22:43:27.050 223s Berserker Curse 7170 elemental No

Log ends with this kind of incoming damage, so he died pretty fast solo tanking the challenge. It almost seems like having two tanks is suppose to make it so the challenge damage can be shielded, but even with 1 tank you take shieldable damage but it pails in comparison to the non-shieldable. It certainly makes the challenge survivable with two tanks in there...
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

AAAAzrael's Avatar


AAAAzrael
07.15.2014 , 04:47 PM | #10
I know it doesn't help but hybrid shadow is the way to go there - almost no damage.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse