Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScarletBlaze
07.10.2014 , 05:01 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
This is one of those things I like the most.

For once, I'll be able to fully decorate something and my girlfriend won't have any saying in the matter whatsoever. May look terrible but at least I can say it was all me.
Works for you but we wanted to work together on it so doesn't work for us. This is our first game we have played together and wanted to share the decorating.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

ScarletBlaze
07.10.2014 , 05:02 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
The devs said you can specify what type of key a guildie is given so if they are a prospect member you set their key to bronze so they can not edit the stronghold or invite people to it.
Thanks I haven't had a chance to review that today.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity

Anaesha
07.10.2014 , 05:03 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Works for you but we wanted to work together on it so doesn't work for us. This is our first game we have played together and wanted to share the decorating.
You could try making a suggestion for a change to the key system where in you are allowed to give out one gold key to your stronghold(s).

ScarletBlaze
07.10.2014 , 05:05 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
You could try making a suggestion for a change to the key system where in you are allowed to give out one gold key to your stronghold(s).
Thanks might be a good idea.

Daekarus
07.10.2014 , 05:17 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
You're right, I'm being ridiculous here. That'd be like mmo devs using utility as a currency siphoning method on I dunno, 90-150% speed mounts or something. Absurd as we well know, there is no ulterior motive behind white horses being slower than brown ones. Just the way god made them amirite.
Wait what? Horse color doesn't matter a bit in racing... and what do horses have to do with anything?

Are you trying to insinuate that a game that has brown horses (the most common and easily obtained color of horse out there) as lower level mounts while a white horse is a higher level mount is racist or something? Because A) that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard (especially because there's a good chance a black horse mount would be faster AND have fire coming out of its nostrils) and B) it's so irrelevant it has no bearing or whether or not there are any ultirior motives behind the development of any game ever made.

If that wasn't a really weird attempt to invoke racism, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, and wish I had a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head to express my bewilderment.

P.S. If you're trying to say that having a progression model that simultaneously gives players something to strive for and acts as a credit sink is some kind conspiratorial ultirior motive... well, let's just say some people see conspiracies everywhere, and leave it at that.

Elfa
07.10.2014 , 05:29 PM | #36
No Barn or Stable for animal mounts?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Kunda
07.10.2014 , 06:17 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
You're right, I'm being ridiculous here. That'd be like mmo devs using utility as a currency siphoning method on I dunno, 90-150% speed mounts or something. Absurd as we well know, there is no ulterior motive behind white horses being slower than brown ones. Just the way god made them amirite.
So make them all as expensive as Tatooine and Nar Shadaa and we're good, yeah?

Muljo_Stpho
07.10.2014 , 06:19 PM | #38
Quote:
New droids on the crew skill section of the fleet that will take crafting components and craft decorations
I started watching at some point after this was mentioned. Does this mean that "crafted" decorations are merely purchased with crafting materials instead of actually using any of the crafting skills? Or is this in addition to the crafting options that we're going to get?

Rafaman
07.10.2014 , 06:19 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by brokensoldier View Post
I just returned to the game after a long absence. My achievement list is almost empty despite having 5 lvl 50s when I quit. So the part where you get decoration unlocks based on achievements is not good news to me.
Yeah, achievements will kick in more as you work your way to 55. You should have some now though. The day they were implemented, I remember several unlocking right after I logged in so double check. Nevertheless, it isn't hard to rack them up fast.

Kunda
07.10.2014 , 06:26 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post
I started watching at some point after this was mentioned. Does this mean that "crafted" decorations are merely purchased with crafting materials instead of actually using any of the crafting skills? Or is this in addition to the crafting options that we're going to get?
They didn't really elaborate on the point, but I would assume you craft components and then use those as some sort of currency to trade for completed directions. So you likely aren't going to be waiting an hour+ for a companion to do a crew mission. Thats my assumption, anyway.