Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
07.10.2014 , 04:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Yeah, although it is my favorite feature, I certainly wouldn't say I am good at it. Part of me wanted to go to Jack's desk and have him pull up his Stronghold just to see the look on his face. I am a ruiner.

-eric
We need pics. Many pics. Wondrous pics.

brokensoldier's Avatar


brokensoldier
07.10.2014 , 04:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well achievements came later. We all had to do a lot of things again to gain a lot of these achievements. Not our fault that you were away for a long time and decided to come back just now. You gotta put in the work just like everybody else. It's strange you seem to have an issue with that.
I already put in the work. I already have all the datacrons on multiple characters, but according to my achievements I have none. My achievement score with 5 lvl 50s was 300. I'm surprised you don't see the problem with this.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
07.10.2014 , 04:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by brokensoldier View Post
I already put in the work. I already have all the datacrons on multiple characters, but according to my achievements I have none. My achievement score with 5 lvl 50s was 300. I'm surprised you don't see the problem with this.
A lot of stuff is not retroactive unfortunately. I had already maxed out character slots on the Red Eclipse when the game was first released and I'm still missing plenty of stuff in the earlier planets, even though I'm fairly sure I killed like fifty(!!!) thousands baddies on Coruscant before achievements were introduced.

Regardless, not that much of a biggie really.

brokensoldier's Avatar


brokensoldier
07.10.2014 , 04:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Be sure to log each character on.
Your retroactive achievements only get counted on login.
I have, multiple times.

And filed a ticket.

Support says its a known issue, and a fix will come "eventually", which I'm thinking means never.

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
07.10.2014 , 04:27 PM | #25
I'm a bit bummed that Coruscant (and presumably DK too) strongholds only have 1 centrepiece hook as opposed to NS (and presumably tatooine). I understand the reasoning behind it, carrot to go for the more costly palace... I just think it's a shame that a stronghold that I find visually by far superior (coruscant vs NS) will be forever a "lower quality" place just because of this.

Anaesha's Avatar


Anaesha
07.10.2014 , 04:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I'm a bit bummed that Coruscant (and presumably DK too) strongholds only have 1 centrepiece hook as opposed to NS (and presumably tatooine). I understand the reasoning behind it, carrot to go for the more costly palace... I just think it's a shame that a stronghold that I find visually by far superior (coruscant vs NS) will be forever a "lower quality" place just because of this.
I love how every time someone finds something they don't like about a stronghold they immediately say it's because BW/EA has and ulterior motive behind it.
Heaven doesn't want Me and Hell is afraid I'd take over.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
07.10.2014 , 04:54 PM | #27
Only two things I not 100% sure I like.

One is that my boyfriend cannot decorate a stronghold that is mine even though for the most part we are sharing. I would like for him to be able to do this.

Two-Guild keys. I would like the guild keys to be a little more specific. There are times you recruit a person for a trial period that you would not want to give permission to decorate or edit a stronghold. We have permission for that in the guild bank where they are limited until they get promoted.

Officers should have more freedom than a trial member who may or may not work out. Just my two cents.

But all in all the housing looks nice.

One side note: Is there a chance you will add Alderaan with housing?
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Anaesha's Avatar


Anaesha
07.10.2014 , 04:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Only two things I not 100% sure I like.

One is that my boyfriend cannot decorate a stronghold that is mine even though for the most part we are sharing. I would like for him to be able to do this.

Two-Guild keys. I would like the guild keys to be a little more specific. There are times you recruit a person for a trial period that you would not want to give permission to decorate or edit a stronghold. We have permission for that in the guild bank where they are limited until they get promoted.

Officers should have more freedom than a trial member who may or may not work out. Just my two cents.

But all in all the housing looks nice.
The devs said you can specify what type of key a guildie is given so if they are a prospect member you set their key to bronze so they can not edit the stronghold or invite people to it.
Heaven doesn't want Me and Hell is afraid I'd take over.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
07.10.2014 , 04:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Only two things I not 100% sure I like.

One is that my boyfriend cannot decorate a stronghold that is mine even though for the most part we are sharing. I would like for him to be able to do this.

Two-Guild keys. I would like the guild keys to be a little more specific. There are times you recruit a person for a trial period that you would not want to give permission to decorate or edit a stronghold. We have permission for that in the guild bank where they are limited until they get promoted.

Officers should have more freedom than a trial member who may or may not work out. Just my two cents.

But all in all the housing looks nice.

One side note: Is there a chance you will add Alderaan with housing?
This is one of those things I like the most.

For once, I'll be able to fully decorate something and my girlfriend won't have any saying in the matter whatsoever. May look terrible but at least I can say it was all me.

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
07.10.2014 , 04:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
I love how every time someone finds something they don't like about a stronghold they immediately say it's because BW/EA has and ulterior motive behind it.
You're right, I'm being ridiculous here. That'd be like mmo devs using utility as a currency siphoning method on I dunno, 90-150% speed mounts or something. Absurd as we well know, there is no ulterior motive behind white horses being slower than brown ones. Just the way god made them amirite.