Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Star Wars era armors

Heat-Wave
07.15.2014 , 07:48 AM | #11
Imagine if they came out with Vader's armor and Boba Fett's armor, priced at 5,500 CC.

And they also said that 80% of the money for those two items would go into a bank to fund chapter 5 of the class stories, once 50,000 copies of each sold (provide a sales counter for all to see), then they would develop chapter 5 of the 8 unique class stories.

Both would be day one purchases for me and I don't think it would take long either to sell them all.

Maybe make them limited edition copies, 1 of 50,000, once they are gone, they are gone.

Of course, after that, we'd get future releases in other colors, a Chrome Vader perhaps?

LordMatthewS
07.15.2014 , 09:13 AM | #12
I wouldn't mind this.
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

MishraArtificer
07.15.2014 , 10:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post
Imagine if they came out with Vader's armor and Boba Fett's armor, priced at 5,500 CC.

And they also said that 80% of the money for those two items would go into a bank to fund chapter 5 of the class stories, once 50,000 copies of each sold (provide a sales counter for all to see), then they would develop chapter 5 of the 8 unique class stories.

Both would be day one purchases for me and I don't think it would take long either to sell them all.

Maybe make them limited edition copies, 1 of 50,000, once they are gone, they are gone.

Of course, after that, we'd get future releases in other colors, a Chrome Vader perhaps?
Not so awful idea, actually...but I would have to insist they include the Katarn-class Clone Commando armor.

Yes, I love Republic Commando that much. Hell, I'd probably even buy them straight from the Cartel Market, instead of the GTN. I'd put them on my Vanguard's companions, and my Vanguard himself would stay in his Battlemaster Supercommando armor with white/red dye. Dear gods, that would be awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Xakthul
07.16.2014 , 04:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Not so awful idea, actually...but I would have to insist they include the Katarn-class Clone Commando armor.

Yes, I love Republic Commando that much. Hell, I'd probably even buy them straight from the Cartel Market, instead of the GTN. I'd put them on my Vanguard's companions, and my Vanguard himself would stay in his Battlemaster Supercommando armor with white/red dye. Dear gods, that would be awesome.
Had to look it up, but
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Omecrion
07.17.2014 , 03:23 PM | #15
Guys, I thank all of you for your comments and just looking at this post. Makes me feel good that there are people out there interested in good ideas. Now for those who said I can basically replicate sev's armor, you just cant take a set of armor and put a dye module in and it be the same as Sev's Katarn-class armor

Alec_Fortescue
07.17.2014 , 03:33 PM | #16
Hardly a bad idea. We've already got numerous outfit inspired by or directly copied from future era.

From stuff not mentioned I will call out the Temple guardian robe (inspired) which had no precedent in Old Republic era but its only source is Clone Wars.

Tulak Hord's set was heavilly inspired by Force Unleashed, too.

Why can't we get prequel inspired Jedi robes?
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

MishraArtificer
07.17.2014 , 09:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Omecrion View Post
Guys, I thank all of you for your comments and just looking at this post. Makes me feel good that there are people out there interested in good ideas. Now for those who said I can basically replicate sev's armor, you just cant take a set of armor and put a dye module in and it be the same as Sev's Katarn-class armor
Distant ancestor of Sev. Seriously, the Battlemaster Supercommando set with a white/red dye from the Security Key vendor. If you're ever on Jedi Covenant on Republic side, his name is Hadriel, and his PvP set looks amazing.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Elfa
07.19.2014 , 02:56 PM | #18
Hey, is there a ROTJ style Luke outfit out there?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

toomanyluigis
07.20.2014 , 09:10 PM | #19
I too wish to see modern era armors in this game especially Jango and Boba fetts armor. Have them released by CM and say they are from some Gree time warping tech. "Gree temporal Pack" as an example. All packs would have modern era armors and weapons. With all the Lore breaking stuff already in SWTOR this wouldnt seem a bad idea. Besides its an MMO lore aint mean anything here

QuiDonJorn
07.20.2014 , 11:11 PM | #20
Yeah, forget trying to stick to the lore of the era, I don't think it's what most people want.
Putting all the movie era style stuff in the game would make loads of cash, amirite?
They should really just bite the bullet and make Anakin/Obi-Wan prequel robes and throw em up there..
I have been wondering why Eric said they wouldn't do Obi-Wan style robes in the first place..?