Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Star Wars era armors

Omecrion
07.10.2014 , 12:01 AM | #1
As the title says, i personally would like to see some modern star wars armor such as the clone and storm trooper armors, the rebel forest armor, the mandalorian armor that both Jango and Boba wear, and for all RC fans out there, the clone commando armor AND weapon. It would just be nice if the devs could use a standing model, make a FEW(3 max) changes to them that wont upset us. I know im saying modern but what about mandalorian neo crusader armor, Bioware seems to have covered all mando armor ezcept the 2 i mentioned in this thread( i know some people would consider Cassus Fett's armor neo crusader, but i mean like the basic neo crusader armors)

TX_Angel
07.11.2014 , 02:36 AM | #2
I have to agree with this one...

Yea, it is "out of time", but who cares... lets be honest, this game is really just an older version of the modern era, right down to the Star Destroyers and the "Empire".

So yea, I'll take my Storm Trooper armor and be happy with it. Sell it for 1600CC in the CM and I'll buy a copy.

CassusVerda
07.12.2014 , 12:24 AM | #3
A few months ago I would have said no, it breaks the canon and lore...but now...I don't care. Sure why not.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Fuzion_Fire
07.13.2014 , 01:25 AM | #4
I agree to this, simple changes could still keep it "lore friendly" and keep all of us happy

PavSalco
07.13.2014 , 06:31 AM | #5
Nah. It would completely ruin the feel of TOR for me.

Xakthul
07.13.2014 , 09:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
We already have 80% of the canon stormtrooper armors in-game, so your argument is invalid...
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

MishraArtificer
07.13.2014 , 11:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Omecrion View Post
As the title says, i personally would like to see some modern star wars armor such as the clone and storm trooper armors, the rebel forest armor, the mandalorian armor that both Jango and Boba wear, and for all RC fans out there, the clone commando armor AND weapon. It would just be nice if the devs could use a standing model, make a FEW(3 max) changes to them that wont upset us. I know im saying modern but what about mandalorian neo crusader armor, Bioware seems to have covered all mando armor ezcept the 2 i mentioned in this thread( i know some people would consider Cassus Fett's armor neo crusader, but i mean like the basic neo crusader armors)
Go find an Armormech who can make you the Battlemaster Supercommando set (on Jedi Covenant, that would actually be ME!). Add any fairly meaty belt, preferably one with a Republic emblem on it. Buy a Security Key to gain access to the Security Key vendor. Buy a white/red dye module, add to chest, Unify Colors.

Congrats, you now look like a distant ancestor of Sev! (It's what I did with my own Vanguard tank, once I got him to Valor 60.)
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Heat-Wave
07.14.2014 , 12:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
You mean, as opposed to.... Riding Rancors around?

Yes, the immersion factor was broken some time ago by the need to sell stuff on the CM.

Really, how much could they charge for Vader's armor on the CM? I would SO buy a copy !

PavSalco
07.15.2014 , 02:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post
You mean, as opposed to.... Riding Rancors around?
What's wrong with riding rancors? It was already present in SW lore and it is not strictly associated with a concrete time period.
I know that Cartel Market requires to make concessions to satisfy people's needs but I personally believe that what is future is future and should not be present in the past.

Kulyok
07.15.2014 , 03:05 AM | #10
Well, we've got Leia's chainmail bikini and Luke's Ep 6 outfit(not in black, alas), and a Falcon-like freighter, so I don't see why Fett's armor would ruin anything. I'm not hyper-excited about it, though.

(and PLEASE, no Vader's clothes. It'll be a nightmare).
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh