Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the Makeb arena until you fix the FPS drops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Makeb arena until you fix the FPS drops

Nothematic
07.09.2014 , 11:39 AM | #1
It was acknowledged in the past by the devs but since then there's been nothing. The Makeb arena suffers enormous FPS drops compared to other areas of the game/other arenas. It's impossible to play ranked solo when your game is freezing up tp 5fps for no reason when you can achieve 60fps on the fleet.
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

znihilist
07.09.2014 , 02:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
It was acknowledged in the past by the devs but since then there's been nothing. The Makeb arena suffers enormous FPS drops compared to other areas of the game/other arenas. It's impossible to play ranked solo when your game is freezing up tp 5fps for no reason when you can achieve 60fps on the fleet.
I am not saying there is no FPS drop, but it is weird I have never seen this drop (and my PC isn't even powerful).
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

JediMasterSLC
07.09.2014 , 02:48 PM | #3
/signed

vaka_maka_fon
07.13.2014 , 07:09 AM | #4
+1, its really annoying.

nkarabats
07.13.2014 , 05:00 PM | #5
its always the upper level that it happens to me. under the bridge, never an issue.
Medically Retired Sith Warrior

SirMannii
07.13.2014 , 10:21 PM | #6
I would say - close the game and have servers down until you fixed the overall fps drops in this game. I run 16gb ram with i7-3820 and GTX 770 and drops down to 18-29 AT ALL FIGHTS in Warzones, with lowest graphic settings and everything set to performance levels.
<Ruthless>
FAMOUSLY FURIOUS
Idling on Carrick Station since December 14th, 2011.

Tevzz
07.13.2014 , 10:27 PM | #7
I play at 1.7FPS...so even if they fix it...I won't notice anything
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

chillshock
07.14.2014 , 01:52 AM | #8
Hah! Never had that drop, but it sounds like classic Balmorra.

Shinwon
07.14.2014 , 01:29 PM | #9
/signed
Click here for Referral Link
The following rewards are included in the above link:
- FREE access to Chapter 1 of Knights of the Eternal Throne!
- FREE character transfer and 7 days subscription time!
- FREE Cartel Market unlocks!

abhaxus
07.15.2014 , 06:59 AM | #10
On the other threads on this problem I've posted this, figure I would do so again. I have had severe issues on this arena on two different high end PCs: AMD FX 8320 @ 4.6ghz, 2x GTX 480 SLI, 8GB RAM, 120gb SSD, and a i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz, 24GB RAM, R9 290 @ 1100/1333, 240GB SSD. What I have noticed is that the problems only occur when I use control panel AA settings to override the in game anti aliasing. If I use the "enhance" in game settings instead of override I have not had any slowdowns. The slowdowns seem to happen on the bridge or to one of the sides, and I think it's related to the game engine having some kind of transparency AA overflow to one side there. Unfortunately the in game AA settings pretty much blow for AMD users, but at least this one arena runs smoothly.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | Ahaxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | Ahole - Commando