Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A PvP a Day...

Ridickilis
07.09.2014 , 06:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
I am going to print out the descriptions of the warzones to have a better idea as to what is actually going on, what the heck node means, why it has to be capped, and stuff.
Don't forget to check out the sticky's at the top of this forum when you get a chance. The "how to be a contender" has a lot of gearing at level 55 info in the first half of the OP but half way down there is a section about the individual WZ's and do 's and don't in general.

Here is another link within that OP giving the basic outline of each (with the exception of the new queshball map. It has similar tactics to regular huttball)

DomiSotto
07.09.2014 , 06:39 AM | #22
Excellent, thank you.

Joesixxpack
07.09.2014 , 07:16 AM | #23
There'll be a noticeable tipping point related to gear. Set piece bonuses, augmented obroan... When you hit it you'll see better survivability and healing and damage output. For sage good timing for kiting, positioning, breaking line of sight, self-healing (with a force potency charge if needed), and cc will help your survivability and effectiveness. Use dem warzone adrenals and medpacks too if you're not.

Don't be shy about being obvious healing key people or premades that appear to know what they're doing; and positioning near competent acting ranged DPSers and throwing them heals too like you're a mini-team. Those types are more likely to peel for you than the heroes off soloing in the corner.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

DomiSotto
07.09.2014 , 07:37 AM | #24
Actually, if I can ask for the tips on easily recognizing who is who (i.e. tank, DPS, healer) that would be great. I attached myself to a knight for a while, healing the toon while it fought, and it was a better part of it, because it mimicked exactly what I do in PvE with our group.

Joesixxpack
07.09.2014 , 07:49 AM | #25
There're these http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/class-icons-for-1-2/ for an initial look.

Personally I skim through the op frame and see who's what based on stance and buffs; and look at the abilities they're using and how they're using them during the match to see how they're playing. Are they a tank just DPSing or actually tanking, etc.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Ridickilis
07.09.2014 , 07:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Actually, if I can ask for the tips on easily recognizing who is who (i.e. tank, DPS, healer) that would be great. I attached myself to a knight for a while, healing the toon while it fought, and it was a better part of it, because it mimicked exactly what I do in PvE with our group.
A Guardian or Jugg tank will have this on his buff bar (soresu form, looks exactly like the picture)

A Vanguard and Powertech tank will have this stance (Ion cell).

A shadow tank will have this stance and an assassin tank will have this stance.

So if you see those stances on any of those advanced classes, they're in tank stance.

DomiSotto
07.09.2014 , 08:07 AM | #27
Thanks, much appreciated!

jrwellworth
07.09.2014 , 09:23 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Maegi View Post
This may be a dickish question, but how are you going to get better doing pvp once a day? Why not a few hours a day so that you can get actual experience. Don't get me wrong, i think it's great that you are branching out, but you're kind of just a tourist at this point. Dive in. You've already got your feet wet. Might as well get the full experience.
As the 2nd person that committed to a war zone a day, I am not doing it to get good at pvp, not right now. I am doing it to try and give pvp a do over. When I first started playing I was really turned off by the way people were treated, and many times I felt personally disrespected by someone who was sitting behind a keyboard. I couldn't believe the way people that were supposed to be good talked to folks, and not just calling folks out on derp moves but full on crazy *****, stuff that would get you at the very least very hurt and unhappy in the place I spent many years of my life. Even after that, I still tried to play and thought well, I will just have to let it go. This is on the pub side of my server. We also lost all the time. It was when I made an imperial toon I found out why. These guys had *teamwork*, real advice, they worked together, things were actually said in chat that were about the game, instructions, and we steam rolled almost every time I played over there. Sadly, my friends were all on the pub side and it was endgame I wanted, so I left pvp, and never looked back.

That's why I am doing this, to give an aspect of the game that could be really fun a new chance, with a new class, and the mindset of taking it slow and seeing if I can get into it. Also I don't have a few hours a day to commit.
Sandari-55 (kinetic combat) +more
<Aternium Ascension> Dread Slayer- B.C.
SICKBOY
PUNX N SKINZ .

announcerharris
07.09.2014 , 09:40 AM | #29
This thread is fantastic - I don't know if I've ever seen such supportive comments surrounding PvP.
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

DomiSotto
07.09.2014 , 01:33 PM | #30
@ jrwellworth - I hope it goes better this time! We'll do what we do, and there is no rule out there saying we can't.