Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A PvP a Day...

chillshock
08.19.2014 , 12:14 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Don't think my Trooper is going to get pity MVPs, being a male char, and seriously lacking the cuteness factor, lol.
I find that usually MVPs are given to:
- Friends and Guildmates
- The most healing done
- The most damage
- Sometimes the most protection (from some healers prob)
- Being last in scoreboard but not useless (i.e. 7 marks but because almost no one came to your guarded node)

Cuteness can hardly be seen. I usually give my MVP to: A healer who stuck to me / gave me lots of green love. Or an excessively useful teammate whom I noticed to prefer team-effort, communication and goals to gaining personal stats or his ranking on the board.

DomiSotto
08.19.2014 , 04:33 PM | #192
Honestly, none of this applies, I think, so I am still going with my cute Twi'lek + pity votes I am very positive the result will be different on the second toon. Will compare once he gets to L55! But by then I should be like getting silver, right?

Anyway, forgot to share. Yesterday, one of the zones, I could not believe my very own eyes - I puged into a set of 2 Sages and 5 (!!!) Shadows with my lonely Gunslinger. Come on, I know stealth DPS rules, but that was a bit overboard. We lost too. Goes to show, the class ain't everything!

Anyways, hope to start Van tonight, kindda excited! I'll call it: "Screw GF for Esseles!"

DomiSotto
08.20.2014 , 05:56 PM | #193
Heh, did a daily on 3 Warzones. First was arena, that we lost, and if I knew how, I would just quit those outright. Then a Hypergate the team won - I basically went to guard (one of the folks told me my gear makes her/him cry, and I agreed that, it has the same effect on me & suggested we weep together ) But I just kept guarding the node, dying in the mid, and everyone was happy, I suppose since nobody commented on my eclectic set no more. And, we lost a very hectic Novare. Then, I queued, and pulled another arena, panicked and logged out. Can't log back in, says it's a full server. Hey, I suppose that's the punishment I am also getting lags, I think. Server's too busy?

Clasmae
08.20.2014 , 08:03 PM | #194
Its normal to get destroyed in a PvP match if you're new to it, all that matters is that you actually liked it enough to click the queue button the next day, and its not really any reason to be afraid of PvP... just be aware of whats going on around you, like in a raid, or in a rp session, tunnel vision is a reason for many losses from enemy node capping. Play your role and attack the targeted players, also just to be sure take a review of your skill tree and abilities, you might have missed something vital to your rotation. Lastly, dont pay too much mind to s talkers...but stay open to suggestions
Tir'a - Guardian Cir'a - Marauder Cola "Dont Chu Want Sum' - Powertech Jung Ma

Nakkil - 55 - Mercenary Galen - 55 - Marauder Begeren Colony

DomiSotto
08.20.2014 , 08:50 PM | #195
Oh, I am happy. Thing is, I can't argue on any point, so I don't take offense. Yeah, I am an ungeared noob. Yep. Still wanna play, my bad. If there is one on another team, we're even, if not, well, we gonna die anyway. It's not even Pub vs Imp any more as far as I can tell on L55. Which is why I want to get back to lowbies tomorrow.

It's just under-geared as I am, I can't really do a thing in a 4x4, so I want to stay out of those till I am Obroan at least. Even that is probably too little too late without much skill.

Forgot to check the valor before logging out, but I know it was 27 at some point, so it probably still is. At least that second Hypergate placed me to silver for once, that gotta help. So, a couple of weeks to 40? Heh.

ThirdDementor
08.21.2014 , 03:15 AM | #196
Anyway, forgot to share. Yesterday, one of the zones, I could not believe my very own eyes - I puged into a set of 2 Sages and 5 (!!!) Shadows with my lonely Gunslinger. Come on, I know stealth DPS rules, but that was a bit overboard. We lost too. Goes to show, the class ain't everything!
That one really depends on the enemy team's composition. Last time I got into a team with 5 Operatives, we absolutely decimated the enemy team, 'cause they were a bunch of squishies (mostly Sages and Gunslingers). Probably wouldn't have gone so well if they had 5 Vengeance Juggernauts.

Heh, did a daily on 3 Warzones. First was arena, that we lost, and if I knew how, I would just quit those outright. Then a Hypergate the team won - I basically went to guard (one of the folks told me my gear makes her/him cry, and I agreed that, it has the same effect on me & suggested we weep together ) But I just kept guarding the node, dying in the mid, and everyone was happy, I suppose since nobody commented on my eclectic set no more. And, we lost a very hectic Novare. Then, I queued, and pulled another arena, panicked and logged out. Can't log back in, says it's a full server. Hey, I suppose that's the punishment I am also getting lags, I think. Server's too busy?
You can leave warzones by right-clicking the warzone button on your minimap, then clicking "Leave Warzone" (or however the exact button is called). I've made a thread about it and asked, and the general concensus is, so long as you do it when there's still 30+ seconds before the warzone starts, it's completely acceptable, because your team will get a replacement in time.
"... But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force. It was a mistake to try to make you feel it again, I see that now. There is no truth in the Force. But there is truth in you, Exile. And that is why I chose you."

DomiSotto
08.21.2014 , 03:26 AM | #197
Thank you, that's better than logging out. I'll start skipping 4x4's until I am geared as I am neither learning, nor contributing there.

Ashaari
08.21.2014 , 05:37 AM | #198
I have only read part of the thread, but the advice is generally good.

Always remember that people who sign up for a PuG have no right to complain, they chose to join a group which is potentially unbalanced, has undergeared and/or new/inexperienced players.

If they cant handle that, they should find themselves a pre made or not queue at all.

I play all classes in PvP in end game and mostly in PuGs - double Pre,s in the main are for sad acts who just want to face roll as far as I am concerned, especially those who consist of all fotm classes. I have no problems with mixed or single pre,s at all (people will always want to play with friends).

Snipers always struggle in 4 v 4 arenas if the opponents know what they are doing (with the exception of a few very good players), so don't feel bad if you find this hard or die quickly, just try to learn to optimise your positioning and do your best.

I always welcome new players I,m teamed with. So we lose a few matches, if people cant take losing they shouldn't pvp,

LilyJedi
08.21.2014 , 09:09 AM | #199
It's just under-geared as I am, I can't really do a thing in a 4x4, so I want to stay out of those till I am Obroan at least. Even that is probably too little too late without much skill.
Obroan gear is bought with regular WZ commendations now, not Ranked, so there's no need to wait. I would prioritise getting the 2 relics, then 4 pieces for the set bonus. Level 53 blues used to be the bolster-of-choice, but I think Black Market level gear (rating 162s) now give very nearly full bolster but potentially with better stats than Obroan. Since you're already using Moddable shells, augment all those -- use the blue "skill augment 28"s, they're pretty cheap. If you think it's going to take you a long time to get your relics, implants and earpieces upgraded to Brutalizer, just augment them once you have them at Obroan.

(EDIT: I'm assuming you've hit 55, if not a lot of the above doesn't apply, since you can't buy any "real" PVP gear before then -- but you CAN get a set of level 53 blues from GTN long before you get to 55, so at least you won't be horrendously squishy at the start. Getting the matrix shards to make your level 50 matrix cube is definitely worthwhile also. Finally, as you may have been hinting in your post above, once you hit Valor 40 you can start converting "excess" WZ comms to Ranked comms so you don't go over the WZ comms cap).

Finally, make sure you're using a PVP talent spec when you queue -- pick defensive talents over ones that simply increase damage by a small margin. (It used to be that you could re-spec inside the warzones, but now you're locked from the moment you queue).

Ridickilis
08.21.2014 , 09:19 AM | #200
EDIT: hurr-durr late to the party/already covered.