Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto
07.08.2014 , 08:28 AM | #1
Okay, I decided to commit to doing one War Zone a day. I hate PvP, so I figure my only chance to do it is to go public with my fears. Let's see how long I shall last. So, who thinks I will manage to not unclick the WarZone before it pops today?

Oh, and of course, anyone else with PvP phobia wants to try to overcome it?

Uber_the_Goober
07.08.2014 , 10:07 AM | #2
Stop trying to focus on everything that's happening. It can be stressfull and overwhelming if you're not natural at blocking out the unimportant information.

Just plan on doing one thing, the whole warzone, and close your chatbox. Just do your thing. Maybe focus on a healer (use target marker). Or just stop caps on the node. Or just focus on healing teammates. Once you're over the fear of screwing up, incorporate another thing, and do both. Maybe healing, and stop capping. Or maybe dps the enemy healer, and cap the node.

Once you've worked up to being able to contribute, re-open your chatbox. Wait until you know that your input to the warzone was beneficial. Did you stop a cap? Did you cap the node that led to the win? Did you kill the healer? Did you kill the dps that was burning your healer?

DO NOT OPEN YOUR CHATBOX BEFORE THIS. You'll just get flamed and probably want to quit.

It's PUG pvp...nobody has the right to whine about others. They still will though, and your enemies will talk trash. So will your teammates, because they're also AFRAID OF LOSING and want to blame someone else.

Don't be their somebody else.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

DarthOvertone
07.08.2014 , 11:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Okay, I decided to commit to doing one War Zone a day. I hate PvP, so I figure my only chance to do it is to go public with my fears. Let's see how long I shall last. So, who thinks I will manage to not unclick the WarZone before it pops today?

Oh, and of course, anyone else with PvP phobia wants to try to overcome it?
Haha

Good on ya mate! You can do eeeet!
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Technohic
07.08.2014 , 12:09 PM | #4
It's all just pixels. Keep that in mind and have fun and ignore the hate. Look for people who will politely try to help you out.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Subach
07.08.2014 , 12:12 PM | #5
Just mash buttons. Seriously, that's what everyone else is doing.

linwei
07.08.2014 , 12:25 PM | #6
make a new toon, different adv class or same and do only wzs, you'll learn about your abilities better that way.

TUXs
07.08.2014 , 12:37 PM | #7
Very good!!! I'm very pleased you're giving it a chance. Uber has some good advice above. Don't worry about ANYTHING...everyone dies, everyone has screwed up and everyone has started exactly where you are!

While in there...enjoy it!!!! No stress, no worries...stay calm no matter what happens!!!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

PhatMcMuffins
07.08.2014 , 12:40 PM | #8
Don't let the poeple on your team or the other team get you down. That's number one. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you're trying to learn, that's all the "good" pvpers should be asking.

Block out the hate and accept the advice and constructive criticism! We need more people to PvP!

True Story:

I didn't PvP on my first toon until lvl 50 (way pre-2.0)
My first warzone was a Hypergate and I capped the node and left it. I didn't even know or think about guarding. A guy sarcastically asked me if this was my first warzone and I replied with a sad yeah
He went on to give me quite a few little tips on just how to play in a match, not even class specific.

Just do your best and try to learn something new each match
Deal With It - Bodyguard
Qarum - Madsassin

Electro Net is a Death Sentence

Kunda
07.08.2014 , 12:55 PM | #9
As others have mentioned, don't get discouraged. Turning off your chat entirely isn't a terrible idea. The thing I would emphasize most above all is to either defend the objectives you have or move with your team. Work to bolster the allies you've got who are more experienced and it should help out.

jrwellworth
07.08.2014 , 01:06 PM | #10
Hmm, I'll commit to one pvp match a day on my scoundrel, lvl 52. I have played him a bit in pvp and liked it a whole lot more then my main. I think it will help me get my healer ready for raids, with the needed quick reaction time and fast paced playing. Also having the comms to get both obroan relics and another piece of pvp gear when I ding will also be cool. I'll try t report back.
Sandari-55 (kinetic combat) + asstd. Alts
Guild Leader-<Order Of Heroes>Dread Slayer- B.C.