Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase

kirinke's Avatar


kirinke
07.06.2014 , 06:13 PM | #1
It'd be nice if you make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase off of the cartel market. Also it'd be nice if you could make the black and black dye module and the white and white dye module available for direct purchase off of the cartel market.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.06.2014 , 09:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
It'd be nice if you make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase off of the cartel market. Also it'd be nice if you could make the black and black dye module and the white and white dye module available for direct purchase off of the cartel market.
If you want either of the statues, or those particular dyes, you can get them. You can find them almost every day on the GTN. If you are too averse to the effort required to earn the credits needed to purchase them, then I guess you don't want them that much, after all.


BTW, they have put the black/black and white/white dyes up for limited time direct sales, at least twice.

Kulyok's Avatar


Kulyok
07.07.2014 , 12:52 AM | #3
And free walkers for everyone!

Ahem. Seriously, though, lots of items would be much cheaper and much more affordable if they were available for direct purchase. And dyes would be much more affordable if we could add them to our collections(I can afford buying black/black once for all my characters, but buying it for each character, and each outfit? I'm not THAT rich).

And seeing how portable trainers are really helpful and really useful, I'm voting for this. This way people will spend their cartel coins, GTN prices will drop, and players will be able to enjoy cool black clothes and portable trainers cheaply, too.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

kirinke's Avatar


kirinke
07.07.2014 , 06:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
If you want either of the statues, or those particular dyes, you can get them. You can find them almost every day on the GTN. If you are too averse to the effort required to earn the credits needed to purchase them, then I guess you don't want them that much, after all.


BTW, they have put the black/black and white/white dyes up for limited time direct sales, at least twice.
I know. I think I snagged one of them at one point.

I'd just like for them to make them a permanent fixture in the cosmetic section. Heck, just put the dye mods in the cosmetic section or have their own section. Some of the dyes would be more than the gamble bags (like the black on black and white on white), so people would probably still take a chance on them, rather than pay the price for what they want.

As for the holostatues, having them available for direct purchase, wouldn't hurt.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.07.2014 , 06:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
And free walkers for everyone!

Ahem. Seriously, though, lots of items would be much cheaper and much more affordable if they were available for direct purchase. And dyes would be much more affordable if we could add them to our collections(I can afford buying black/black once for all my characters, but buying it for each character, and each outfit? I'm not THAT rich).

And seeing how portable trainers are really helpful and really useful, I'm voting for this. This way people will spend their cartel coins, GTN prices will drop, and players will be able to enjoy cool black clothes and portable trainers cheaply, too.

Yes, they are very useful, which is why they are expensive. Another factor is the packs they were found in are no longer available.

As I have said before, playing a game or even paying the subscription does NOT entitle you to everything that is in the game or that was ever in the game. It does not entitle anyone to get everything for a pittance, either. Some things are more desired and more expensive than others, some things require more effort to obtain and some things can no longer be obtained.

If you want one of those statues, then do what you need to do to get one. You can find them on the GTN almost every day.

The same goes for those cool black/black dyes.

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
07.07.2014 , 06:37 AM | #6
Funny, I always thought they were. How do people obtain them anyway? Crates?

PLynkes's Avatar


PLynkes
07.07.2014 , 07:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Funny, I always thought they were. How do people obtain them anyway? Crates?
They came in some of the earliest packs, I think. However, I got mine from those reputation vendors in the Cartel Bazaar. They sell them, but you need rep and (I think) certificates.

Jrr_hypernova's Avatar


Jrr_hypernova
07.07.2014 , 07:01 AM | #8
yes for the dye no for the trainer. if you wait im sure there's going to ba a new holo at some point anyway.

Daekarus's Avatar


Daekarus
07.08.2014 , 03:01 PM | #9
That artificial scarcity by embargoed packs doesn't work on me - it just makes me resent how they handle the cartel market. I'm not about to pay ridiculous prices for ANYTHING no matter how rare or cool it is. If the pack has been embargoed and prices have shot up I just treat things like those items aren't available anymore. It's not like any of the CM stuff is actually important anyway.

I don't make any plans for characters or companions based on things with limited availability. If it's not going to be around and accessible, screw it, I've got better things to do.

Those holo-statues are something I'd be interested in, but they might as well have never spent the time making them if they don't make them easily available.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.08.2014 , 09:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Daekarus View Post
That artificial scarcity by embargoed packs doesn't work on me - it just makes me resent how they handle the cartel market. I'm not about to pay ridiculous prices for ANYTHING no matter how rare or cool it is. If the pack has been embargoed and prices have shot up I just treat things like those items aren't available anymore. It's not like any of the CM stuff is actually important anyway.

I don't make any plans for characters or companions based on things with limited availability. If it's not going to be around and accessible, screw it, I've got better things to do.

Those holo-statues are something I'd be interested in, but they might as well have never spent the time making them if they don't make them easily available.
You don't need those statues to level or to learn the new skills. They are OPTIONAL. They are a convenience, yes, but they are not required. Every planet has a skill trainer, unless I am mistaken. At most, a trip to the skill trainer is all that is needed.

If you do not want to pay the cost to obtain one of them, and then unlock in the collections, then no one is forcing you to buy one. If, on the other hand, you want the convenience afforded by them, then you will have to pay the going rates for them.

BW is under no obligation to make those statues or anything else "easily available".