Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Survival of the Nerdiest

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 05:57 PM | #21
Might as well, it was what I had intended, but I guess I should actually have put it there... Thanks for laying it out in a easy to copy and paste format Star!
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker
07.06.2014 , 05:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Perfectly done Tune. Since you have a force sensitive, by chance can you give me a short rundown of his abilities? *really should have added this to the list..*

I merely ask so that it is set from the beginning what powers they have, so no one can "magic up" more powers if they require it.

If you wish to keep the selected powers secret, merely PM them to me. Not really a limit on how many, use your better judgement and remember, average jedi level. So no walls of light!
Done it should be within reason.

Edit: If you wish to PM me my selection I can put it here.

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 06:16 PM | #23
Edited the OP to add two rules that have already been talked about here, as well as the template that Star provided. Though, switched out the force powers section for special abilities. It should be able to cover force powers still, but doesn't lock out non-force users.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Warren-Stride
07.06.2014 , 06:17 PM | #24
I'm skeptical about this, but as an RPer how could I not participate?

Character Name: Maana Halacc
Profession - Zoologist/Botanist
Species - Shi'ido
Skill(s) - Flora and fauna knowledge
Clothing - Light-weight garments

Items:
1. Comlink
2. Stingbeam
3. Electrobinoculars

Planet Vote:
- Kashyyyk

Short Bio: Maana is a shi'ido biologist that is 200 years old. She left her homeworld to study the galaxy's plants and animals. To accomplish this, she uses her shapeshifting abilities to blend in with the natural habitat of the subject she's studying, passively observing as the galaxy's creatures move about, undisturbed by her presence. Due to this method, Maana has become extremely skilled at skinshifting into animals and has learned much about nature and survival from watching other beings. She is an expert on all things living and is a serene, (generally) non-violent person.

Special Skills: Skinshifting
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker
07.06.2014 , 06:22 PM | #25
Are we allowed to assist other characers, cus I think my character would very likely to team with Warren's honestly.

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 06:23 PM | #26
Very interesting Warren. It also passes all of the requirements, so you are free to pass.

Also, I just thought I would mention that the first "day" of this I was thinking perhaps starting Tuesday? *1 more day for sign up since it is Sunday, where I am at least* So that others who wish to participate can join. Doesn't need as long of a sign up time like a Kaggath I feel, since there aren't really much restrictions of what you can or can not be/use.

Also, Warren something tells me you are going to try and play mind games on someone... I can feel it in my circuits...

Side Note: If you can find the other character, yes. Do remember that all of us got into separate escape pods, and the goal is to survive/get off planet. Not to go on a rampage and win by killing everyone else. *Though, that IS an option*

StarSquirrel
07.06.2014 , 06:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Are we allowed to assist other characers, cus I think my character would very likely to team with Warren's honestly.
It is permitted, but better to wait till it starts. It's a narrative-driven survival game. Think of it like a text-based game with the debate elements of a Kaggath.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Bejarid
07.06.2014 , 06:26 PM | #28
So, looks interesting. Important question: What time period is this to be set? Because that does place a number of limiting factors on choices - both in terms of gear and character selection.

Based on the mention of a Corellian Corvette (CEC CR90-series like the Tantive IV, presumably) as the derelict vessel, that provides a roughly 200 year span of time in which the vessel "widely" saw service - however, Noghri (as already rolled by one participant) weren't common - or even known, really, to the galaxy at large - until about 60 years into the CR-series production life. So would it be safe to assume that this all takes place at some point in the post-Heir to the Empire trilogy era? More specifically, post-Jedi Academy trilogy era since there is a Jedi signed up as well?
Aurrn (Commando DPS) Aśrrn (Mercenary)
<Wookiee Mistake/Unholy Alliance> Harbinger

Warren-Stride
07.06.2014 , 06:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Also, Warren something tells me you are going to try and play mind games on someone... I can feel it in my circuits...
We shall see....

I think Maana isn't going to mess around unnecessarily... but she'll do what she needs to do to survive.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 06:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Bejarid View Post
So, looks interesting. Important question: What time period is this to be set? Because that does place a number of limiting factors on choices - both in terms of gear and character selection.

Based on the mention of a Corellian Corvette (CEC CR90-series like the Tantive IV, presumably) as the derelict vessel, that provides a roughly 200 year span of time in which the vessel "widely" saw service - however, Noghri (as already rolled by one participant) weren't common - or even known, really, to the galaxy at large - until about 60 years into the CR-series production life. So would it be safe to assume that this all takes place at some point in the post-Heir to the Empire trilogy era? More specifically, post-Jedi Academy trilogy era since there is a Jedi signed up as well?
I was waiting mostly to see what sort of submissions would arrive to decide on which part of the 200 years we would use, but due to recent developments you would be right that it would be at the very least after Jedi Academy.