Survival of the Nerdiest

Silenceo

The premise is simply, how long can you survive in a hostile planet based in the Star Wars galaxy? Do you have what it takes to out live the others? What will survival push you to do? Who. Are. You?

The goal is to survive your situation while stranded on a hostile world and attempt to either be the last one alive among the participants, or to escape the planet. Every day at approximately 9:00 PM PST the Narrator will post the days scenario which the participants will then debate about what they will do in that time, as time goes on the scenarios will get increasingly harder to decide. If a decision you put forth is incorrect in that days scenario, then PM the Narrator and tell them so that they may amend it. Your knowledge of star wars will aid you in particular environments from the familiar Felucia, to the distant sands of Korriban. Supplies can be found in the wreckage of the vessel that the Participants arrived in, which is of the Correllian Corvette variety that had broken up in the atmosphere.

Rules

#1 - Stay within reason. Most things will be acceptable, but nothing outlandish such as suddenly gaining jedi powers and instant own rancor's.

#2 - You are an average Star Wars citizen, what ever race you choose, even a droid if you wish. Choose carefully, this could determine how well you could fare and what challenges you will face.

#3 - Declare force sensitivity at the beginning, or not at all. No compromise. One of the only ways to gain force powers when you had none before is obviously the Staff of Marko Ragnos, and I can ensure it will not be found...

#4 - If you have problems with the scenario of the day, simply ask the Narrator for a change or some such. If you are persuasive enough, it will be changed within reason.

#5 - If you come into conflict with another participant, it will be between you to debate the likely outcome which will then be displayed in the next days update.

#6 - No flame wars. Those who instigate flame wars will first receive an injure, if they do it again they will be put into a comatose state for that day. Third strike they are found by the Empire and executed on the spot by Darth Vader.

#7 - You get to select three items that you managed to grab before making it into the escape pod, again, has to be within reason. Has to be able to fit into an escape pod.

#8 - If you attempt to kill another participant you will be able to take what ever they had on them as well as knocking them out of the running. This would require much debate during that day however, and often will take up multiple days, aka one would escape and the other could pursue. Whoever the Narrator feels is the most compelling will be the victor and decide the fate of the other participant.

#9 - Weapons are allowed to be among your three items, but it can not be any rare or outlawed items unless it fits with the persona that you create when you first start. Aka a smuggler can't bring a light saber.

#10 - You can escape anyway that seems plausible as long as you make a good argument for it, however, it will almost always take multiple days for this to happen since the entire goal is to escape/survive. Who ever makes it off planet alive is among the victors.

#11 - If you choose to select a ranged weapon from the beginning then you will be granted 1 extra clip, but you can find more as the game goes. Use it carefully.

#12 - If you wish to make any actions that you wish to be kept secret from the other participants, PM the Narrator and he will work that into the daily update, allowing you to perform that action without others knowing until later. They can find out by other means however.

#13 - Obey the Narrator:jawa_evil:

Vote on the stranded planet when you include the details for your character:

-Korriban 2

-Felucia 7

-Vjun

-Kashyyyk 4

-Taris *after Maleks destruction, before it is rebuilt*

Template:

Character Name:

Profession-

Species-

Skill(s)-

Clothing-

Items:

Planet Vote:

-

Short Bio:

Special Abilities (if any) (If you wish for it to remain secret, PM me instead):

Who will survive? Who will die? Who is, the Nerdiest Survivor?!

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To show you what I mean for the character details, I will go first.

S1L 3NC 30 (Silenceo)

Character Name:

Profession- Bounty Hunter

Species- Droid

Skill(s)- Combat Programming

Clothing- Heavy Durasteel Armor Plating

Items:

1. T21 light repeating blaster w/1 extra clip

2. A couple repair kits

3. Personal Energy Shield *limited use, would require recharging*

Planet Vote:

- Felucia

Short Bio: Modeled after the ancient HK-51 assassin droid, this droid has carried out contracts across the galaxy in his thirst to end organic life. Often this droid upgraded himself with weapons and technology he had found during his hunts, and he was relentless. His most recent target attempted to evade him by boarding a Corellian Corvette, which he managed to catch as well. (all upgrades are destroyed upon crash landing)

Special Abilities (if any): Able to apply upgrades to himself and has an Advanced Targeting Algorithm

Edited by Silenceo

Oh cool! I may not have the time to participate, but this is a cool idea!

Unless you attempt to kill another participant, it should be significantly easier for participants than other debating subjects. Just gotta be able to adapt to the environment/Narrators narration. *it is essential for driving the game*

Unless you attempt to kill another participant, it should be significantly easier for participants than other debating subjects. Just gotta be able to adapt to the environment/Narrators narration. *it is essential for driving the game*

I'll have to make sure I have time. Next College term starts tomorrow, and I'm going to have to report for Jury Duty on Tuesday (maybe).

Sucks.

Hmmm, not sure I quite understand. So you post a scenario and then we PM are thoughts to you?

Or post it in the thread for everyone to see?

Nonetheless sounds like a cool idea! :D

Post in the thread for all to see. The only PM's to the Narrator is if the scenario that is updated that day *summarizes everyone's decisions, and new challenges for the day* has the incorrect actions or some such for your particular character. Otherwise it is posted in the thread.

So if part of the daily update said that Beniboybling was able to evade the pack of wamp rats and hide out in an abandoned sand crawler, but you had ended up deciding on fighting the wamp rats instead *you would display what you would be doing to combat the days challenges in the thread so it could be discussed and possibly change your mind* you would then PM me and I would make the changes, editing it to fit.

Post in the thread for all to see. The only PM's to the Narrator is if the scenario that is updated that day *summarizes everyone's decisions, and new challenges for the day* has the incorrect actions or some such for your particular character. Otherwise it is posted in the thread.

So if part of the daily update said that Beniboybling was able to evade the pack of wamp rats and hide out in an abandoned sand crawler, but you had ended up deciding on fighting the wamp rats instead *you would display what you would be doing to combat the days challenges in the thread so it could be discussed and possibly change your mind* you would then PM me and I would make the changes, editing it to fit.

But then surely we could copy what other people do?

But then surely we could copy what other people do?

Oh trust me, each of them will be varied. :jawa_evil: Some might meet up at times or choose to stick together, but there will always be new issues looming. No one size will fit all here. I will ensure it. :)

In other words, I will be custom crafting the problems and challenges to each participant for as long as they are in the game. They won't be sweeping generalizations such as, "You have run out of food" it could be though "Beniboybling has run dry his source of food and must seek another." "Selenial has settled in nicely into a cave she discovered the day before but during the night she heard claws on stone farther in its depths."

Also, feel free to make up your own politics if two participants happen to collide and or work together. I leave that type of stuff up to their own judgement to create that piece of drama. :p

Edited by Silenceo

Im just curious why anyone would not pick a force sensitive...

But this does sound fun.

No one ever knows when something like a Terentatek might show up. :cool: *they are scattered across the galaxy after all. rare.* Though one of the reasons could be the planet chosen, such as if it was on Korriban and you were a Jedi/Sith, it could spell doom to you due to the force ghosts. Where as droids or most non-forcer users they would ignore. It would essentially be giving the character a lot more versatility and durability, while also giving them higher odds for dangerous situations that others wouldn't face.

Side Note: Jedi/Sith characters would only be up to average power. Beyond that and it would make it...less fun...

Edited by Silenceo

Wouldn't this be better for the RP forum? :p But...eh...choosing race btw, I assume we get the attributes with said race and those would be enhanced if we should choose to be Force Sensitive?

Buut...meh, don't got long on my sub,, just figured I would ask.

Wouldn't this be better for the RP forum? :p But...eh...choosing race btw, I assume we get the attributes with said race and those would be enhanced if we should choose to be Force Sensitive?

Buut...meh, don't got long on my sub,, just figured I would ask.

Well, it IS a Star Wars discussion ;) besides, the people in the RP forums are a bit...different... Besides, considering it evolves and uses factors that are constantly updated, I felt it would be better here, since many parts of it could require debate. Most RP'ers, when they debate, just yell angrily until the other guy walks away, and they also tend to try and god-mod... Figured this section would be much more sensible.

As for the race attributes and if they would be enhanced by the force, yes, but do remember, this is only up to average level jedi so they are not exactly ubber. They still are quite impressive, but they have much easier to reach limits.

Having already thrown in my support when you mentioned it in the Kaggath thread, I shall apply

Fitzak "Star" Khim'bar

Character:

Profession- Bodyguard

Species- Noghri

Skill- Close Quarters Combat

Clothing- light pads of armor, slightly worn and loose cloth robe and pants.

Items:

- DC-17m w/1 extra clip

- 3 days of rations

- small shoulder bag

- Noghri knife

- Datapad (secret)

Planet Vote:

- Felucia

Star is a Noghri bodyguard for a wealthy and powerful Kuati noble. He was tasked with protecting a courier bearing a datapad containing plans for a secret weapons project. When the ship went down, the courier was killed but before he was he gave Star the datapad and tasked him with the delivery. Now, his honor demands he stop at nothing to get off this planet and complete his mission.

Special Abilities: Stealthy and he possesses an implant designed to improve hand-eye coordination and reaction speed (paid for by his Kuati Noble boss).

Edited by StarSquirrel

I am assuming most Force Sensitives will be in a way limited by how much other skills they would have.

That said.

Aquilon "Tune" Asash

Jedi:

Human Age: 55

Former Special Forces Pathfinder

Wearing Scout Armor by Voyage Enterprises

Items:

Survival pack

Lightsaber

Graph 18 Surface Locator.

Planet Vote: Kashyyk

Edit Force powers:

Major Force Leap

Minor Force Push

Minor Force Pull

Major Force Senses/seeing

Major Force Absorb (Variant, only works on Force energy any non force based attack can not be used against)

Major Self Healing

Minor Force Barrier (cant use this and absorb at the same time under any circumstance)

Major Mind Trick

Form V user Adept (stronger defense then offense)

TK, Moderate size, 0 Refinement (unusable in situ, needs time to gather energies)

Minor Resist poison

Moderate resist Disease (both only work against minor poisons and diseases, while able to resist the affects medical treatment needed for any long term affect)

Minor Breath Control

Minor Force Valor

Moderate Animal Friendship (off shoot of his already strong mental abilities with Mind trick)

Edited to more clearly see with out having to follow any link.

Edited by tunewalker

Having already thrown in my support when you mentioned it in the Kaggath thread, I shall apply

Fitzak "Star" Haashk

Character:

Profession- Bodyguard

Species- Noghri

Skill- Close Quarters Combat

Clothing- light pads of armor, slightly worn and loose cloth robe and pants.

Items:

- DC-17m w/1 extra clip

- Sniper attachment for DC-17m

- 3 days of rations

- small shoulder bag

- Noghri knife

- Datapad (secret)

Planet Vote:

- Felucia

Star is a Noghri bodyguard for a wealthy and powerful Kuati noble. He was tasked with protecting a courier bearing a datapad containing plans for a secret weapons project. When the ship went down, the courier was killed but before he was he gave Star the datapad and tasked him with the delivery. Now, his honor demands he stop at nothing to get off this planet and complete his mission.

Look good?

Overall looks good, though there is one issue.

#7 - You get to select three items that you managed to grab before making it into the escape pod, again, has to be within reason. Has to be able to fit into an escape pod.

Also, the extra clip for the gun would have to count extra. *Though, it is likely you could find part of the ship wreckage and find most of these items*

The datapad will not count towards one of the three items however since it seems like an item that would already be on his person as he headed for the escape pod. Same for the Knife. *likely strapped somewhere?* Other than that, the rest will need to be narrowed. *For future notice, most others will not get such bonuses. The only reason the knife is kept is due to him being a Noghri and they often have their knives on their persons at all times when they are in such business.*

I am assuming most Force Sensitives will be in a way limited by how much other skills they would have.

That said.

Aquilon "Tune" Asash

Jedi:

Human

Former Special Forces Pathfinder

Wearing Scout Armor by Voyage Enterprises

Items:

Survival Pack

Lightsaber

Graph 18 Surface Locator.

Planet Vote: Kashyyk

Perfectly done Tune. Since you have a force sensitive, by chance can you give me a short rundown of his abilities? *really should have added this to the list..*

I merely ask so that it is set from the beginning what powers they have, so no one can "magic up" more powers if they require it.

If you wish to keep the selected powers secret, merely PM them to me. Not really a limit on how many, use your better judgement and remember, average jedi level. So no walls of light! :rolleyes:

Overall looks good, though there is one issue.

Also, the extra clip for the gun would have to count extra. *Though, it is likely you could find part of the ship wreckage and find most of these items*

The datapad will not count towards one of the three items however since it seems like an item that would already be on his person as he headed for the escape pod. Same for the Knife. *likely strapped somewhere?* Other than that, the rest will need to be narrowed. *For future notice, most others will not get such bonuses. The only reason the knife is kept is due to him being a Noghri and they often have their knives on their persons at all times when they are in such business.*

Yeah I edited out the sniper attachment as it didn't make sense for him to have it anyways. Otherwise yeah that was kinda my assumption as well.

Looks good, which reminds me, i forgot to give myself 1 extra clip... Hope you guys don't mind if I give myself 1 extra clip considering that weapon only has 25 shots per clip! :eek: *I needz it for predators I might face...key word, might*

Perfectly done Tune. Since you have a force sensitive, by chance can you give me a short rundown of his abilities? *really should have added this to the list..*

I merely ask so that it is set from the beginning what powers they have, so no one can "magic up" more powers if they require it.

If you wish to keep the selected powers secret, merely PM them to me. Not really a limit on how many, use your better judgement and remember, average jedi level. So no walls of light! :rolleyes:

Done it should be within reason.

Edit: If you wish to PM me my selection I can put it here.

Edited by tunewalker

Edited the OP to add two rules that have already been talked about here, as well as the template that Star provided. Though, switched out the force powers section for special abilities. It should be able to cover force powers still, but doesn't lock out non-force users.

I'm skeptical about this, but as an RPer how could I not participate?

Character Name: Maana Halacc

Profession - Zoologist/Botanist

Species - Shi'ido

Skill(s) - Flora and fauna knowledge

Clothing - Light-weight garments

Items:

1. Comlink

2. Stingbeam

3. Electrobinoculars

Planet Vote:

- Kashyyyk

Short Bio: Maana is a shi'ido biologist that is 200 years old. She left her homeworld to study the galaxy's plants and animals. To accomplish this, she uses her shapeshifting abilities to blend in with the natural habitat of the subject she's studying, passively observing as the galaxy's creatures move about, undisturbed by her presence. Due to this method, Maana has become extremely skilled at skinshifting into animals and has learned much about nature and survival from watching other beings. She is an expert on all things living and is a serene, (generally) non-violent person.

Special Skills: Skinshifting

Edited by Warren-Stride