Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back Ranked 8s

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bring Back Ranked 8s

JediMasterSLC
07.03.2014 , 08:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
I distinctly remember 3 healer games and a 35 minute civil war.
That was post-2.0 (the patch that buffed the **** out of op heals). Before then, 1 op heals 1 sorc heals was the norm, until the month or two before 2.0.

Cordorian
07.03.2014 , 08:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post

To the OP: 8v8 Ranked was very fun but there were some pretty large balancing issues. Healing has been toned down a bit so maybe it wouldn't be as bad but I distinctly remember 3 healer games and a 35 minute civil war. Not fun. I'd say the classes are more balanced now than they were then though so maybe it could work.

But this is all academic. BW won't bring 8s back anytime soon. Nor will they do what Soulcaster suggested.
3 healers where annoying but BiS for certain situations. The issue was back then that you could still field respect in wzs. So in voidstar defense everyone who could respect tank or heals and stuff like that. Back then one of most important demands in the community was the limit respec to just the beginning of the wz (so if it is huttball you assassin could go darkness and stuff like that).
or 3+ smash... wont happen anymore. Sorc heals were viable back then anyway, and merc heals probably would be right now as well.
Would be genuinely interesting to see it back with the changes that happened since its removal.

Ryannnnnnn
07.03.2014 , 09:34 AM | #23
/signed

How often did we have at least 2 teams, 16 people playing 8v8 ranked? Every night. How often do we have 4 teams 16 people playing 4's? Hardly Ever.

TUXs
07.03.2014 , 09:43 AM | #24
The population wouldn't support 8v8 any longer. Wait until housing - PvPers will return to decorate their home hooks I'm sure...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Cordorian
07.03.2014 , 10:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The population wouldn't support 8v8 any longer. Wait until housing - PvPers will return to decorate their home hooks I'm sure...
While you are right that currently the population would be a bit low, considering the ranked community (as it is right now), I know quite few people that left the game and openly said they would return if there was 8v8 ranked again.

It was a feature that kept people playing the game and like the stuff you do pvp wise. A lot of people really liked it (despite the flaws), so would use current population as a knockdown argument. I mean even GSF drew some people back to the game, not actually ground pvpers though... and with WoW it is also like people quit the game new extnesion comes and they resub and stuff.

Ancagalon
07.03.2014 , 10:19 AM | #26
/signed

Ancagalon
07.03.2014 , 10:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
you're so wrong: 8v8 ranked: i could play all the night
4v4 or solo: SO BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG i just sit and wait hours just for one game
and population was exactly the same

ps: all pvpers i know don t give a **** about housing and so do i... but if we can 8v8/ 4v4 / ect..inside (with a huge tv to watch pvp when i don t want to play) then why not

DanAxe
07.03.2014 , 10:41 AM | #28
How bout we stop "asking" for them to bring back something they removed, and start "demanding" what they promised and failed to deliver??

Remember the 2 year old pre-season for ranked? From the beggining of the game and for 2 years pvp'ers played with the promise of Season 1 eventually starting. Season 1 started, but it was never the promised season 1 of Objective Ranked Warzones. Season 1 started with a whole different thing - Arenas.

Some people waited for years for the competition to go live in the kind of ranked they were used to, and expecting, to play. And when it actually happened the devs completely pulled the rug under our feet. The introduction of season 1 of arena (and the removal of ranked warzones) was such a low, despicable, "piss in your face" move from the devs, that roughly 80% of the best pvp players left the game completely. Im sure if they had asked previously: What you want, arenas or objective warzones in Ranked? Or if they had let the players know that in the end only one of the options would go live, most of the people would just tell them to ignore arenas, and keep working on objective ranked pvp. Many people asked for arenas, but as something to ADD up to the ranked pvp scene, not a substitute. THey dropped the bomb a few weeks prior to arena launch, not giving the community any chance to voice their opinion on this in time to have an effect.

Either way, asking or demanding, wont do any good. They are just a bunch of SOB LIARS, that dont have the guts to come forward and be honest as to what they can and cannot do in terms of pvp, and ask for the community to help them do the best with whatever possibilities they have. Sad. Really Sad. Here's to hoping that a miracle will happen and they will get their ***** right at some point (unlikely, very unlikely, but whatever...)

MotorCityMan
07.03.2014 , 10:52 AM | #29
Bioware already gave their answer to this and any other major changes to pvp.

" NO "

Cordorian
07.04.2014 , 01:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DanAxe View Post

Some people waited for years for the competition to go live in the kind of ranked they were used to, and expecting, to play. And when it actually happened the devs completely pulled the rug under our feet. The introduction of season 1 of arena (and the removal of ranked warzones) was such a low, despicable, "piss in your face" move from the devs, that roughly 80% of the best pvp players left the game completely. Im sure if they had asked previously: What you want, arenas or objective warzones in Ranked? Or if they had let the players know that in the end only one of the options would go live, most of the people would just tell them to ignore arenas, and keep working on objective ranked pvp. Many people asked for arenas, but as something to ADD up to the ranked pvp scene, not a substitute. THey dropped the bomb a few weeks prior to arena launch, not giving the community any chance to voice their opinion on this in time to have an effect.

2.4 start of arenas remove of 8v8 ranked went live in the beginning of october last year. It was announce at the beginning of august. And there has been quite some vocal protest against it, both on these forum and other media.
There never was an official response to that.... and yeah most ranked players just quit the game after that.

BW even stated in their initial announcement that 8v8 might return at some point later, which Musco's FAQ then effectively ruled out.