Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back Ranked 8s

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bring Back Ranked 8s

Captainejo
07.02.2014 , 09:57 AM | #1
Not sure why they left. Population cant get much worse so worring about que times is not a valid argument anymore. give those who want to play the options. ranked teams queing isnt going to destroy the que population, it will probably bring more ppl back than it will drive out. Bring it Back Please!!!!!
The Wiggin Legacy
Dak Attack!
Sage Scoundrel Shadow Guardian Sorc Powertech Sniper

I broke PvP

chosonman
07.02.2014 , 12:30 PM | #2
It's hard enough to get ranked 4's to pop. You think ranked 8's are going to be any better? Besides they need to fixed the whole ranked system first.

Here's my idea for fixing PVP

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=749954

mrekxxx
07.02.2014 , 12:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by chosonman View Post
It's hard enough to get ranked 4's to pop. You think ranked 8's are going to be any better? Besides they need to fixed the whole ranked system first.

this.... first they might fix the whole ranked system - broken ...

Rhyn
07.02.2014 , 12:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by chosonman View Post

Ranked 8 was more popular than the arena's have ever been, and we lost a good amount of PvP'ers when the removed ranked 8. I still do not understand why we can't have both.
Rưn

<Jensaarai>

JediMasterSLC
07.02.2014 , 02:48 PM | #5
Lots of people left because ranked 8v8 was removed. Its return would revitalize the interest of some of those people. There are also lots of newer regs players that don't like arenas, but are interested in more competitive warzones.

SOULCASTER
07.02.2014 , 04:16 PM | #6
At this point in the game, I would prefer they removed ranked/ELO pvp entirely. And instead break the warzone queue down into:
  • SOLO QUEUE WARZONES (8v8s, true solo queue, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)
  • SOLO QUEUE ARENAS (4v4 arenas, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)
  • TEAM WARZONES (requiring 4 or 8 players in group, putting an 8v8 or 4+4 vs 4+4 in obj warzones)
  • TEAM ARENAS (requiring 4 people in group, 4v4 team arenas)

Then, that said, I would have only the SOLO Queues give regular warzone comms and only the TEAM Queues give Rated PvP Comms. I know there is no ELO or rating with what I'm suggesting, but that would be the only way to accquire those comms. Change the comm name to "team comms" for all I care and the dailies to "Solo Dailies" and "Team Dailies."

SWTOR has no competitive pvp and even less of a dev team supporting it. Just remove the ELO, let the pvp just be yolo fun. Done. This would get some people be social and group together and queue up. Since there is no ELO and E-peen, I think there would be a ton more people queueing.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Aehgo
07.02.2014 , 04:39 PM | #7
/signed
Jenkyns The Vanguard
Free Character transfer >> http://www.swtor.com/r/mmHPGX

TOFN

mrekxxx
07.02.2014 , 06:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
At this point in the game, I would prefer they removed ranked/ELO pvp entirely. And instead break the warzone queue down into:
  • SOLO QUEUE WARZONES (8v8s, true solo queue, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)
  • TEAM WARZONES (requiring 4 or 8 players in group, putting an 8v8 or 4+4 vs 4+4 in obj warzones)

Then, that said, I would have only the SOLO Queues give regular warzone comms and only the TEAM Queues give Rated PvP Comms. I know there is no ELO or rating with what I'm suggesting, but that would be the only way to accquire those comms. Change the comm name to "team comms" for all I care and the dailies to "Solo Dailies" and "Team Dailies."

SWTOR has no competitive pvp and even less of a dev team supporting it. Just remove the ELO, let the pvp just be yolo fun. Done. This would get some people be social and group together and queue up. Since there is no ELO and E-peen, I think there would be a ton more people queueing.
/signed

JediMasterSLC
07.02.2014 , 06:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post

But I like epeen.

Brunner_Venda
07.02.2014 , 07:03 PM | #10
All I want, is to do ranked 8v8 huttball. New and old, I don't care.

Leave making the teams, fan sites, streams, and ladders to us.