Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nezumi's Avatar


Nezumi
07.02.2014 , 10:19 AM | #21
Consider me disappointed.

I wanted free placement not bound to hooks. Three dimensional movement and allowing me to make the stronghold what I want it to be...

This is just a let down, and will stifle creativity.
Wrath of Korriban
Vexos
Tyber
Securis
Dageus
Vaedrion

EranofArcadia's Avatar


EranofArcadia
07.02.2014 , 10:21 AM | #22
So even the first legacy storage bay is going to cost us . . . oh well.

What I really need to know is whether crafting will automatically pull mats from legacy storage the way it does now from the cargo hold.

Twin's Avatar


Twin
07.02.2014 , 10:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezumi View Post
Consider me disappointed.

I wanted free placement not bound to hooks. Three dimensional movement and allowing me to make the stronghold what I want it to be...

This is just a let down, and will stifle creativity.
I completly agree. Im not surprised though, BW isn't exactly famous for wanting their players to have any kind of freedom of choice in this game. How i miss SWG...
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.02.2014 , 10:26 AM | #24
Hooks?! Seriously? What an extreme disappointment. That RUINS housing imo. Great job making housing as worthless as lotro's is.

When can we hear about 3.0? Because this sucks.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
07.02.2014 , 10:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the blog so far. Musco, Toby McCall, and Jack Wood will be doing a twitch stream later today at 1:30pm PDT where they will be giving you a preview of the decoration system of Galactic Strongholds.

Hope to see y'all there!
Can we get pricing on the legacy bank and more specifics? I feel like the information on it was fairly general for my tastes ^.^

When the PTS comes up, will you be freebiefying everything so we can see exactly how it all works?
Rydarus Veneris the Eternal Forum Warrior, Lord of Alacrity, of the Ruined World, 8/10 HM TOS/Rav 9/10 Dread Nightmares
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-...de-by-rydarus/

sandisrd's Avatar


sandisrd
07.02.2014 , 10:28 AM | #26
I've hate this community sometimes, always whining!...

New housing system looks really good, ''and of course it can look better'', but so far I'm pleased, looking forward what else BW has in store for us...
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
07.02.2014 , 10:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hooks?! Seriously? What an extreme disappointment. That RUINS housing imo. Great job making housing as worthless as lotro's is.

When can we hear about 3.0? Because this sucks.
It's hooks you can move around or alternate 1 big hooks or several smaller hooks though.

If it was just hooks that you could only put one item there for, I'd be in arms.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Varium's Avatar


Varium
07.02.2014 , 10:30 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the blog so far. Musco, Toby McCall, and Jack Wood will be doing a twitch stream later today at 1:30pm PDT where they will be giving you a preview of the decoration system of Galactic Strongholds.

Hope to see y'all there!
I guess you read my twitch messages about Toby McCall.
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
07.02.2014 , 10:30 AM | #29
One question:
"Unlike other unlocks such as mounts and minipets, decorations are unlocked across your entire Legacy by default"

Does that mean vehicles can be only seen by the toon they are on? Or they have to be placed by a single toon but then viewable by all in the legacy. Curious how that works.

If I have a Bantha on my sentinel and put it in the garage, can only he see it, can all in the legacy see it (but only he can place it), or can anyone who has it unlocked in collections see it?
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

brutall's Avatar


brutall
07.02.2014 , 10:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
It's hooks you can move around or alternate 1 big hooks or several smaller hooks though.

If it was just hooks that you could only put one item there for, I'd be in arms.
agree but its still hooks! remow that **** or give us option to not use hooks