Forced removal not fair to new players

Objections to forced group removal

I was removed from a group and the message went by too fast to even listen to reason how is a player sposed to even get any experience in trying to deal if these group missions when they get kicked out of 5 minutes after joining a group in a new territory for the first time it's not very forgiving

The players should have a chance to talk with the other members of the party to explain what is going on they can be suffering from technical difficulties or they could just be new to the territory I personally was new to the territory and I was trying not to get killed off have a choice of either doing something crazy and getting killed on side cautious. I played it cautious. The second time around but this was my first group mission that did not suffer from technical glitches

Has anybody else have this problem were you join a group for the first time and they just kick you out after 5 minutes

Be more proactive. Communicate your "newbie-ness" ahead of time. Like as soon as you join the group say something like, "this is my first time here. any tips would be appreciated." This goes a long way. And if you get instantly kicked, don't worry about it. Just put those idiots on ignore...you do not want to associate with them anyway. Edited by psandak

I personally was new to the territory and I was trying not to get killed off have a choice of either doing something crazy and getting killed on side cautious. I played it cautious. The second time around but this was my first group mission that did not suffer from technical glitches

Has anybody else have this problem were you join a group for the first time and they just kick you out after 5 minutes

Say when you start that you are new, if the other react negative to that they are not fun to play with anyway.

I always prefer players that say before a bossfight that they are new instead of trying to figure things out along the way.

People are not fond of n00b, newbies and idiots.... Most of the time the three are one.

A Cynic's view : Especially Newbies, because they just don't want anyone to get in who is new, and rather prefer to stay in their closed circles, cynically put.

My personal advice is to rather build up an own group of Newbies on the Fleet via asking around (cnot spamming ! ) in the General Chat of the Fleet.

There is a minimum delay time of 30 seconds between a kick vote clearing and your actual removal from the group and the instance.

The only time you are removed instantly is if a kick goes through and you are not in the instance (in which case it should be obvious why it happened).

Even if you joined a premade group there is still a 30 second timer between removal and your actual forced exit from the instance.

There is a minimum delay time of 30 seconds between a kick vote clearing and your actual removal from the group and the instance.

The only time you are removed instantly is if a kick goes through and you are not in the instance (in which case it should be obvious why it happened).

Even if you joined a premade group there is still a 30 second timer between removal and your actual forced exit from the instance.

It's a bit more awkward for JJTEAMA, as he needs to use a text-to-voice program due to vision impairments...according to his forum sig. It likely takes that full 30 seconds for either JJ or his text-to-voice program to catch up (provided he's actually using it for the chat channel in-game...which I have no idea how well that would work).

Be more proactive. Communicate your "newbie-ness" ahead of time. Like as soon as you join the group say something like, "this is my first time here. any tips would be appreciated." This goes a long way. And if you get instantly kicked, don't worry about it. Just put those idiots on ignore...you do not want to associate with them anyway.

I've done that. It doesn't make any difference. The truth is that many players in-game are selfish gits.

Edited by Jaren_Kincaid

It's a bit more awkward for JJTEAMA, as he needs to use a text-to-voice program due to vision impairments...according to his forum sig. It likely takes that full 30 seconds for either JJ or his text-to-voice program to catch up (provided he's actually using it for the chat channel in-game...which I have no idea how well that would work).

His signature has a referral link in it, is what I noticed the most... :rak_03:

I've been in many a group for quite a few ops, only never to be given the chance to finish a single one. I've always said before hand that I'm new to it. But still the kick vote is initiated :( . It just makes me wonder how your actually supposed to get the knoledge of tactics. Reading about it on some forum is a lot different to actually being there & doing it.

Most of the players now actually advertise "Must know tactics" when looking for others to join their groups. this makes it very difficult to actually achieve anything after you've beaten your class story missions. Very frustrating.

Not to be rude to some of you guys but the reason why people remove new players from ops is because they don't feel like explaining fights to people. If you're wondering how you will be able to learn fights it's called joining a guild. PUGS really aren't for teaching you the fights.

Not to be rude to some of you guys but the reason why people remove new players from ops is because they don't feel like explaining fights to people. If you're wondering how you will be able to learn fights it's called joining a guild. PUGS really aren't for teaching you the fights.

I have to agree with this, though I have no problem with puging people who are new to an operation as long as they demonstrate an ability to follow directions correctly.

See, that's the difference between a bad pug and a good pug. Not knowing the fights is something that can be easily fixed by reading a guide and following directions. But the people who go into a pug without reading about it and then show that they are incapable of following simple directions - those people I will kick without any sympathy.

Do not expect to join an ops through group finder without knowing anything and get sympathy. It won't happen. You have to do your homework. Read the ops, and watch the videos at least couple times. Again, this may not be enough. Do not rely on the bolster. It will not compensate for your lack of knowledge on mechanics. You will fail the entire group

Join a guild. That is the best way of learning ops. A lof of guilds are hiring newbies.

Join a guild. That is the best way of learning ops. A lof of guilds are hiring newbies.

Good advice.

Another thing I would suggest is to run plenty of level 55 HM FPs through the group finder and get lots of practice in your class and your role. You will meet other players while doing this. Become friends with the good players -- it will make it easier for you to get into operations groups.

My guild has invited players they met in a HM FP pug to join an operation run.

Edited by Khevar

There's a lot of good advice about joining guilds and not pugging ops here, but it's getting a little generalised so here's my advice to YOU, OP.

In your signature you say you are "visually impaired, very big text needed to read" (sorry for not enlarging my text, I hope you have done that on your PC). Depending on how comfortable you feel, you may need to communicate this to an extent to groups that you join for flashpoints, as well as whether you have done that particular flashpoint before or not. If you need extra time before a boss fight or something, perhaps let the group know so they're not wondering why your character is just standing around sometimes.

You will learn that people have different levels of patience for new people (and can vary day-to-day for some people). Sometimes no one wants to take the extra time to teach someone new to the content, so they would rather kick them out than teach them. I do not condone or condemn that choice- it would be nice if everyone were willing to help each other more, but new people take up other people's limited playing time so take that into account. All you can do is let the group know you're new or you that you may need some more time. If you come across particularly rude people, /ignore them so you are not grouped with them again through Group Finder. Good luck to you.

1st off please let me say the only im even able to answer you is cus a frend read your to me

1. My notice able needing caps on so can see your post if you dont want to that on my topics please pm me if you cant make caps cus the swtor site stops you i understaned then set the text to 5 or 6 you can all so go on swtor profile from there you can find me on facebook and type caps on format plase so can read you

2. I know how to work in a team about it is there i was staying with the team ive ive gear from cm thats not moded i did get killed 2 times but i was still keep up with them in chat no one gave me any order on what they needed from me to help them whitch this a really bad thing to do to some one then kick them off the team

also sorry about my last post in this topic for onknown reason parts of my post incompete part them delete after posting and i cant see them after i post i use a tablet for posting most of the time sorry about the mix up

as to my history as swtor player ive been playing for more then a years off and on as a subber now ive was new to team fighting the 1st 120 days i was playing so i know mostly how to do things in game im having super hard time reading and using chat window in game ; reason why ?

Team gruop is dark purple and very small and the other thing we were sent to a map ive never been on before

im not sure if some player w my texts get corrupted words get replaced or changed when I post using a voice program so if you see anything that sounds strange that's the reason whyill give others the time that needed to read the chat window update to this post and told me but yet again parts of my post were deleted so with his help I am trying to add press to fit in he also told me up some of the posts I will post to my topic

patience is a vi some things as for joining guilds yes I have joined a guild but there is really no activity I don't know if this is because of the time differencer I get accepted there's no activity o is no activit I get accepted there is no activity on there one note tablet device or function on this websit one note tablet device will function on this website properly is impossible to zoom properly is impossible to zoom in 2 this is all I am able to answer fo this is all I am able to answer for you I hope you with this I hope you with this update took me about 20 minutes with my friends help I hope this answers your question this will be the last time I will be tryin anything to related to m anything to related to my disabilities anymore its just kidding togetting too its just getting too difficult to try to keep everything in to try to keep everything in track bec when I mention this b when I mention this before nobody seems to bother to read it my friend also told me about the part that said on modded gear. This was a program text error my gear was fully modded. I wish this site works better on portable devices for the Internet

Edited by JJTEAMA

This is just my personal opinion perhaps, but I think what happened to OP was natural and part of learning. I am relatively new to SWTOR, only starting about 6 months ago, and played a tank as my first character. Sure I was a noob, i made noob mistakes and some groups have abandoned or kicked me out, but it's all part of the learning process and i expected it. At the point where I get kicked out however, I made an effort to avoid doing it again and find another group, no biggie.

As mentioned, reading guides, watching videos, joining a guild does help. But people will make mistakes, and IMO, as part of playing a team game, I don't expect everyone to be happy to watch noobs make mistakes, so i just accept it, learn and move on. I'm not going to cry about how not everyone is noob friendly, but do value those who are

Edited by mynameisbugged
change

ive gear from cm thats not moded ...

You joined a group wearing unmodded empty gear? That in itself probably played a huge part of why you got kicked. Unmodded gear is like going to battle in your knickers and socks.

im having super hard time reading and using chat window in game ... Team gruop is dark purple ...

You can change the colour of each chat in the chat window. You can make it a bright colour.

and type caps on format plase so can read you ... im having super hard time reading and using chat window in game ... im not sure if some player will give others the time that needed to read the chat window ...

Honestly, I feel for your disability, but, perhaps group content just isn't something you will be able to do. At least in a random group. Expecting 3 to 15 strangers, who don't know you or your issue, to apparently go out of their way to communicate with you may be a case of you expecting too much?

If you really want to do group content, I'd highly recommend you looking for a group of steady friends or a solid guild. And if reading is an issue - a guild using Mumble, Team Speak, or Ventrillo may be best.

I do wish you good luck.

Edited by thewitchdoctor

If I read that correctly, youre wearing cartel market junk without any mods in it?

Im just trying to figure out how this game is any fun at all to you if you cant read, well, any of the text in the game. Or see or pick up on any of the procs, casts, basically everything. I dont understand it.

In any case, given how atrociously bad most of the people who play this game are, people tend to kick first, ask questions never because it simplifies the situation. Youll probably never see that person again or interact with them in anyway.

And, given how badly people react to advice or tips or general dispensation of knowledge even if you do your utmost to give it in the least hostile manner possible .. after a while, whats the point? All you do is start an arguement with someone who probably will never back down, never admit they are wrong, and just spew a bunch of hatred at you for questioning their ability as they are clearly the best player in history and you are a total noob. There is virtually no incentive given for people to be patient or explain things that you either should already know or be able to figure out yourself.

1st off please let me say the only im even able to answer you is cus a frend read your to me

1. My notice able needing caps on so can see your post if you dont want to that on my topics please pm me if you cant make caps cus the swtor site stops you i understaned then set the text to 5 or 6 you can all so go on swtor profile from there you can find me on facebook and type caps on format plase so can read you

Here is where I begin to wonder if the OP is trolling. All modern internet browsers have the ability to "zoom" to increase the size of text on a screen. For instance, in Firefox pressing ctrl+ does it. There is no need for anyone to increase their font size for this person.

I had vote kick on a character because my loading time was longer than the other players. While she loaded, the other people started fighting, and I could not enter the FP. Someone initiated VK. I left the group, and I will not try to group again until I have an updated machine and my load times are comparable to other people. I understand that they could see the toon, and assumed I was just hanging back and being a free-loader.

It still would be nice to have some sort of communication happening for the vote kicks and a bit more stages for grouping that are automated. All loaded check, the disconnect message if one of the participants has a frozen machine, the break up the group after the FP completion, for example. If technically feasible.

I also find that chat window is one of the most dangerous things to use in an FP, tbh, because you either get stuck in it, or it crashes the game when something you typed dubs as a short-cut button which crashes my game.

After reading a little on gear requirements, I am not going to try the OPS at all. The best I can do is Makeb L50 purple stuff, so I will always be undergeared for the 160/180+ levels. So, why even try.

I am afraid to join a Guild, because it seems to imply some sort of obligations, and I do not understand what they are. I am afraid of PvP, and basically my only ambition is to start doing GF low level FPs for the sake of Planetary Comms (I'll roll Pass on every drop, no problem).

Edited by DomiSotto

I had vote kick on a character because my loading time was longer than the other players. While she loaded, the other people started fighting, and I could not enter the FP. Someone initiated VK. I left the group, and I will not try to group again until I have an updated machine and my load times are comparable to other people. I understand that they could see the toon, and assumed I was just hanging back and being a free-loader.

It still would be nice to have some sort of communication happening for the vote kicks and a bit more stages for grouping that are automated. All loaded check, the disconnect message if one of the participants has a frozen machine, the break up the group after the FP completion, for example. If technically feasible.

I also find that chat window is one of the most dangerous things to use in an FP, tbh, because you either get stuck in it, or it crashes the game when something you typed dubs as a short-cut button which crashes my game.

After reading a little on gear requirements, I am not going to try the OPS at all. The best I can do is Makeb L50 purple stuff, so I will always be undergeared for the 160/180+ levels. So, why even try.

I am afraid to join a Guild, because it seems to imply some sort of obligations, and I do not understand what they are. I am afraid of PvP, and basically my only ambition is to start doing GF low level FPs for the sake of Planetary Comms (I'll roll Pass on every drop, no problem).

So let me get this strait... you don't want to use the chat window, you don't want to join a guild, you only do group missions for the planetary coms (which you could just get from solo missions on planets), you don't want to pvp...

Why are you playing a multiplayer game if you basically are afraid of all interaction with other players?

Kicking for loading time is just stupid. I pug often with GF, and me being whatever my character is, I never start a fight unless we're all there. There's a debuff saying the character is still loading in, and as such I always spend a couple of seconds looking if anyone has it. If others run forward, I tell them.

My advice is, try grouping for a few FPs, just avoid Kuat if you're not used to people going berserk at the sight of enemies. ;)

I'm sure you're going to have fun, like I did when I first tryed grouping when I was still new - on a Guardian Tank, nonetheless!!! :D

That said, about the OP, I would personally really find it hard to enjoy a game with this many written notes/instructions/messages or whatever if I didn't knew the language or couldn't read it. So, kudos to you for your patience.

That said, I fear your wearing unmodded Cartel Market gear played a large part in your kick.

First of all, Cartel Market Outfits only provide looks, not stats, unless they are those already modded purple sets like Investigator. As such, you were dragging the team down there, even if you didn't meant to.

Then, I assume you had trouble with communication, since in this game you have to use the chat window for that. As such, if you were unresponsive, people may have kicked you because of that too.

So, my suggestion would be to say right away you are having issues of the kind you have as soon as you group, perhaps even before loading in. That way they at least know they should be patient. Note that there's always a chance to get kicked because of your issues, but at least you can say to yourself that you tryed your best to avoid a kick.

As a side note, DO mod your gear properly.

Strenght for Guardians, Juggernauts, Sentinels and Marauders.

Willpower for Shadows, Assassins, Sages and Sorcerers.

Cunning for Gunslingers, Snipers, Scoundrels and Operatives.

Aim for Vanguards, Powertechs, Commandos and Mercenaries.

Otherwise you'd likely keep getting kicked. Again. And again. And again. Noone wants to carry, not too much, at least. Gearing your characters properly is a matter of respect towards others, imo, especially if you run group content of any kind.

Good luck, and hopefully have fun in game.

So let me get this strait... you don't want to use the chat window, you don't want to join a guild, you only do group missions for the planetary coms (which you could just get from solo missions on planets), you don't want to pvp...

Why are you playing a multiplayer game if you basically are afraid of all interaction with other players?

Because it is an exceptionally good BioWARE game with a wonderful story, tons of things to do and a great MP mode I use when playing with my husband & a couple of friends. However, once the character starts approaching the end of Chapter 3, things go south :(

I desperately want to use chat window, but I can't identify what is that I do that freezes my game when I use it while moving. It is some keybind that starts opening all interfaces, in particularly Starfighter one. It crashes my game. I wish I knew what it was. It is Okay, when I can yelp a warnning that I am frozen and re-logging to my hubby, but when it happens and cannot be communicated, it is a horrible thing to do to other players.

Solo missions on the planets pay a comm per quest; 3 comms if you do a Heroic 4+ overlevelled solo. To get ~ 300 comms to equip at least the purple Makeb gear on self and companion takes 100 runs of Heroic 4+. And on a L55 character it will be considered waaay undergeared. I can only assume people milk Dailies and Weeklies to get there.

Edited by DomiSotto

I've been in many a group for quite a few ops, only never to be given the chance to finish a single one. I've always said before hand that I'm new to it. But still the kick vote is initiated :( . It just makes me wonder how your actually supposed to get the knowledge of tactics. Reading about it on some forum is a lot different to actually being there & doing it.

Most of the players now actually advertise "Must know tactics" when looking for others to join their groups. this makes it very difficult to actually achieve anything after you've beaten your class story missions. Very frustrating.

You are absolutely right. Also, because Group Finder is arbitrary, I've done Maelstrom Prison countless times including HM, but I've yet to complete some other flashpoints. I'm well geared and would be an asset to these jerks, who are just too selfish to invest in teaching me. I bet they're the same bastards who run by you while you're fighting to steal the treasure chest or click the link...