Wondering If Anyone Cares At Bioware

Kheliban

It is very difficult for me to have faith in a company whose homepage for their game still has promotions detailing rewards for people who subscribe by May 4th and May 11th. It's June 27th.

I can't imagine how anyone could think a company is serious about a product when they can't be bothered to at least keep the home page relevant and cleaned up, I dunno... every month or so. I'm not trying to light any fires, this is just something that is concerning to me as a current and (potentially) future paying customer.

I know lots of people here will be happy to reassure me that many damns are indeed given by the folks running the show, but then I look at the home page again, and it's still urging me to give my money by May 4th.

I'm sorry - maybe I wasn't clear with my post. I didn't mention content, actually... but I appreciate your eagerness.

My concern is the professionalism and engagement level of a company who lets the front page of their website go two months out of date.

Feel free to read the original post, if you'd like to give it another shot.

Maybe you haven't thought this through fully?

First, things will fall off the page as more updates or promotions are added. Second, you want potential customers to know that there are perks for subbing. Maybe they didn't get this thing, but they may sub to get the next thing. Third, those entries still promote upcoming content. People will be interested to see what they missed out on (or what they are getting, if they already sub), they will click on these and get maybe a get a little info about the new content.

:cool:

I'm sorry - maybe I wasn't clear with my post. I didn't mention content, actually... but I appreciate your eagerness.

My concern is the professionalism and engagement level of a company who lets the front page of their website go two months out of date.

Feel free to read the original post, if you'd like to give it another shot.

This is June. May was last month. How is this two months out of date?

Maybe you haven't thought this through fully?

First, things will fall off the page as more updates or promotions are added. Second, you want potential customers to know that there are perks for subbing. Maybe they didn't get this thing, but they may sub to get the next thing. Third, those entries still promote upcoming content. People will be interested to see what they missed out on (or what they are getting, if they already sub), they will click on these and get maybe a get a little info about the new content.

:cool:

I think I thought it through pretty thoroughly. Like I mentioned, my concern is professionalism and at least the appearance that someone cares. The posts haven't been touched, and are telling me I should do something which isn't possible given the laws governing space and time. The wording is "Be a subscriber by May 4th to receive..."

I didn't say they should remove the postings completely, but how about instead of telling me to sub two months ago, they change the headline to something more current? There are numerous solutions, if they want to keep the overall content as some sort of advertisement.

It is very difficult for me to have faith in a company whose homepage for their game still has promotions detailing rewards for people who subscribe by May 4th and May 11th. It's June 27th.

I can't imagine how anyone could think a company is serious about a product when they can't be bothered to at least keep the home page relevant and cleaned up, I dunno... every month or so. I'm not trying to light any fires, this is just something that is concerning to me as a current and (potentially) future paying customer.

I know lots of people here will be happy to reassure me that many damns are indeed given by the folks running the show, but then I look at the home page again, and it's still urging me to give my money by May 4th.

It is not like it is in the scrolling splash at the top of the page.

Positive spin/glass half full (call me a defender or white knight all you want, I'm just an optimist): a new player or existing F2P goes to the homepage and sees that "old information" and thinks, "Oh boy I missed extra free CCs. I'll keep an eye out for the next one and sub."

I think I thought it through pretty thoroughly. Like I mentioned, my concern is professionalism and at least the appearance that someone cares. The posts haven't been touched, and are telling me I should do something which isn't possible given the laws governing space and time. The wording is "Be a subscriber by May 4th to receive..."

I didn't say they should remove the postings completely, but how about instead of telling me to sub two months ago, they change the headline to something more current? There are numerous solutions, if they want to keep the overall content as some sort of advertisement.

I'm struggling to think of ANY company that goes to the trouble of doing that. Posts get a title and it usually sticks forever. It's historical.

That is your only valid comment. It would be abnormal to remove the old posts that show the benefits of being a continuing subscriber. Professionalism has nothing to do with it, that is just normal marketing.

I'm struggling to think of ANY company that goes to the trouble of doing that. Posts get a title and it usually sticks forever. It's historical.

These aren't forum posts. They are banners on the front page of the home website.

Is it really a struggle to think of a company that would want to update their site to address expired ads and coupons, or bother to keep their messaging current?

These aren't forum posts. They are banners on the front page of the home website.

Is it really a struggle to think of a company that would want to update their site to address expired ads and coupons, or bother to keep their messaging current?

Yes. Few actually do that. They may post new articles that push the other stuff back (which would be fine here, too). But, I don't know anyone who goes back and changes the headlines. They just don't do it.

I mean it's not like they don't have something great to update it with tho....I mean they have that GREAT DEAL on a CM pack that doesn't seem to exist anymore :confused:....Or how about the AWESOME NEW prices to unlock items in collections :confused:

Yea.....never mind....just leave the old articles up there LMAO :D

Yes. Few actually do that. They may post new articles that push the other stuff back (which would be fine here, too). But, I don't know anyone who goes back and changes the headlines. They just don't do it.

I think the way to get around that, to be honest, is if you know in advance that you're not going to be updating the front page of your site all that often, would be to generally try to refrain from posting time sensitive stuff on there. And if you have to put it there, as you said, get stuff out there that will push it off the front page. Because I do think the OP has a point - front page "real estate" is valuable, and having outdated info there isn't helping them any.

Wondering if anyone cares... OP is either permanently unemployed and so is unfamiliar with the idea of having pride in one's work, or knows nothing about computer applications or websites. If they didn't care, you wouldn't be wondering, you would know. Just because they don't pointlessly add new things to the website just to avoid having something on it from last month doesn't mean diddly. Come on now, this isn't your Facebook feed, you should know that actual companies have better things to do with their time.

If you want to be constantly inundated with SWTOR-related content, then add these sites to your bookmarks:

http://ootinicast.com/

http://www.corellianrun.com/

http://gaddockteeg.podomatic.com/

http://www.torocast.com/

http://www.newoverlords.com/swtor-escape-pod-cast-episode-1/

http://badfeelingpodcast.com/

http://swtorreforged.mymiddleearth.com/

http://42gaming.com/

Yes, those are all fan podcasts, and they're entertaining as heck. My favorites are Ootinicast and SWTOR Reforged (love to Teo & SithLordKorv) but they're all great, and they all have different perspectives on things. Badfeeling is more from the "unashamed filthy casual" perspective and is generally very positive, whereas Torocast is more about hardcore progression, and they seem to complain a whole lot. The others form a spectrum in the middle. Spare some time from looking for reasons to complain about Bioware and the game and spend some time listening instead.

Lets put it this way if they didn't care they wouldn't have hired Pokket aka Hillary, we wouldn't be getting ANY new content at all, and the game would have been shut down ages ago.

I'm more concerned with the inability to update the in-game events page...

"Check back for more details on future in-game events." my lower backside, last time it was more or less accurate was the end of last year.

They don't mention any other event other than the bounty hunter one, but even with that they can't put up the correct bright status message.

Not making outdated news on the main page invisible after it's no longer relevant isn't the most professional, but it's not the biggest of deals either. But telling people to check back and give misleading bright text (can't expect people to read the fine print like dates).

Not mentioning the events they recently said would be coming actually depicted on there. Nightlife? Double XP (might not fit on there, but it's an event regardless)? Gree? Rakghoul (though with how it was mentioned it's understandable not to put it on there, to keep it more of a surprise)?

There used to be COMING SOON status for events last year, or at least OFFLINE without a date specified. Right now it just contains FALSE information as it's not life what they claim is.