Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tatooine Pit fights!!! ( RP Event )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Tatooine Pit fights!!! ( RP Event )

halosavior
06.28.2014 , 02:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fruitous View Post
This is a public server as such that means dealing with; trolls, d-bags, *****, bottom feeders or whatever. So keep rp events to your rp community site to limit the trolls or live with the trolls and make it public. Your choice.
If you or anyone else wishes to identify themselves as trolls, then so be it. It will only further limit your participation in activities that are more to your preference. If you cannot exercise even the most basic of respect, then I can only hope you do not expect the same in return.
Vivek || Minda || Adish @ <The Virtue> || EBHawk || Ebon Hawk Directory

Ganrex
06.28.2014 , 03:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by xMaranathax View Post
I call lies. RP and PvE carebears always come into the WZ queues without any gear or skill, and refuse to listen to general instructions, advice, and strategies. You do not let us have fun.
I run an RP guild, and I am one of the better PvP'ers on the server. Though I understand where you are coming from, I have yet to see an RP'er / PvE'er go run and hide in a corner during a match. They do what they can with the gear they have. It's not their fault there is no other way to start PvPing other than to hit the ground running at 70 miles an hour. There is literally NO other way to get geared for PvP'ing. And lets face it.....Nobody likes taking orders from anybody, much less a stranger.

WhistDarkblade
06.28.2014 , 03:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by johnatters View Post
If you're going to this flagged then you're attracting the kind of attention they're asking to avoid.

The last RP event that I went to was trolled by <Republic> too, guess this one will be the same, huh, Whist?
Nobody is gonna be trolling nobody. All I simply posted was that I was gonna be at the event and be flagged. If Imps want to show up to answer the meager challenge a single shadow tank represents, Great! If not, its all good too!. Feel free to explain how by simply showing up flagged that you are as you say "attracting the kind of attention they're asking to avoid" WHEN.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Dams (Enjin)
If you plan on fighting via PVP, the dual system must be utilized.
How can you do this if you are not flagged? You can't.
Quote: Originally Posted by SnakeSNMF View Post
Go back to 9gag or reddit, Guerilla.

Also to the PvP server you transferred to.
No need to rip on Guerilla, Are they good on average? Sure. Do they tick me off sometimes? Sure. Its it because they simply are better than me? Maybe, who knows. But who are you to turn players away from this server? TEH is the best out there. You can do anything here, Wzs, ops, GSF, Rp....even Erp, if thats your thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by halosavior View Post
...If you want your PvP fix, there are plenty of outlets:...Saturday evenings for World PvP....
Exactly!!! This is Saturday evening!!! Would it be too strange of a coincidence if half the Empire, decked out to the teeth descended on Tatooine and began razing it to the ground? Maybe Guerilla and TST organized their own pvp rally that just happens to correspond with the Fight Night RP event? Dont know anything about any event if so, but what if it was just gonna be a guild thing? Who knows!

If you or anyone else wishes to identify themselves as trolls, then so be it. It will only further limit your participation in activities that are more to your preference. If you cannot exercise even the most basic of respect, then I can only hope you do not expect the same in return.

I have not and will not ever attack a flagged player not wearing pvp gear
. I play Pub side cause I like a challenge, not cause its good for my health. If flagged Imps in pvp gear do show up, then its on. Got a few players in mind I'll single out and give a swift Force-kick to the face.

So those wishing to have a fun engaging RP event have no worries about the <Republic>. If only I could say the same for those certain Imps guilds Pub players have nightmares about facing.

Its gonna be fun.
The Ebon Hawk

Whist || <Republic>

Bastrus
06.28.2014 , 04:11 PM | #24
I replaced my D movement key with G, so instead of WASD, I have SWAG.
The Ebon Hawk, former Rubat Crystal
Bastrus, Vanguard Tank, <Inconceivable>
Bast'rus, Powertech Tank, <Project Mayhem>

Katiroth
06.28.2014 , 04:32 PM | #25
Hey guys, Dams here.

I'm simply going to just ask that people not show up flagged. This is an RP event, and not meant to be PVP. We've run it several times now and never actually had any problems and it'd be awesome if it stayed that way. (We've also never had anyone decide to duel, it's always been RP)

If you would like to run something similar, but for PVP, please consider a different evening/location. You can even use the same premise if you'd like, I'd be happy to help story-wise, but this particular event is RP.

I appreciate the consideration.

Fruitous
06.28.2014 , 04:53 PM | #26
I do not think you are getting it, if you want to limit the trolls do not post on our server forums use your safe haven you created the RP community the site. Posting on the server forums is just asking for people to crash it. You honestly think they will care if you black list them, or show them no respect? Personally I think they would rather enjoy it, remember people troll for reactions and to a troll players are nothing more then content.

WhistDarkblade
06.28.2014 , 05:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bastrus View Post
Perfectly timed and executed Bastrus. *Raises a toast*

Quote: Originally Posted by Katiroth View Post
...I'm simply going to just ask that people not show up flagged...
I think alot of what people had been saying was just cross-faction banter, but I will respect this. Guess its back to the ranked solo queue.
The Ebon Hawk

Whist || <Republic>

Katiroth
06.28.2014 , 05:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by WhistDarkblade View Post
Perfectly timed and executed Bastrus. *Raises a toast*

I think alot of what people had been saying was just cross-faction banter, but I will respect this. Guess its back to the ranked solo queue.
I'd love to get something similar set up for PVP. I'm personally not good at PVP (wrist issues), but I do enjoy it in general. So really, we can definitely get something open-world like this going.

Also, thank you.