Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Serious] Can We Save The Republic PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
[Serious] Can We Save The Republic PvP?

VVhistIer
06.26.2014 , 12:46 PM | #1
So the old one was deleted and I can't understand for the life of me why. Quite a few people are asking questions, which means this did stick in some peoples' heads.

Back to what we were saying: The Imps own this server. No doubt about it. A lot of rerolled Imp when things were hard and we got frustrated, and some just never played Pub. But seriously the entire server is basically Imp on Imp action and it is definitely time to bring the Republic back. I'm all for it, and I'm curious to see who is serious about putting the fear back in some Imps?

NOTE: Delete and I'll make it again, I've always felt strongly about this and Bigglesworth had the right idea to bring it here.

Evalyn
06.26.2014 , 03:18 PM | #2
I'm not sure why it got deleted, did it become a bashing thread or something? I only read the first couple pages and it didn't seem like anything they would delete?
Zyera - Duchess of the New OutRiders
Recruitment Post
newoutriders.org

Bastrus
06.26.2014 , 03:30 PM | #3
I ran some games on my Bolstered Vanguard last night for fun and had some good games. Still need to get a set mailed over though.
I replaced my D movement key with G, so instead of WASD, I have SWAG.
The Ebon Hawk
Bastrus, Vanguard Tank, Inconceivable
Bast'rus, Powertech Tank

Darkdust
06.26.2014 , 07:20 PM | #4
Possibly when it got to accusations (and admissions) of exploiting, which I hope stay out of this one.
Arkonor Joron
Nightscope Codewalker
Nefarious Intent - The Ebon Hawk

Briggleworth
06.27.2014 , 11:27 AM | #5
Thanks for putting this up. Beat me to it yesterday. I was actually quite shocked that Bioware seemingly deleted/removed my original thread. The minor posts on exploiting hardly warranted the response and personally I thought it was a very positive thing, as did many of you.

Regardless, what BW does means very little. I feel that those that cared, needed to care or needed to see the original thread have done so; multiple times. Word is out what the server popuation is trying to achieve, so the loss of the original thread is irrelevent.
APEX / GUERRILLA
Whiskey'Sour / Whiskey'Jax

Moontayle
06.27.2014 , 02:13 PM | #6
First match yesterday was rep vs rep. The word is out. It's up to the community to make something of it though.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

Sojorn
06.28.2014 , 09:24 AM | #7
I've been here about a week and there are some issues that I see on both sides, however they are more glaring on the pub side. I see many more rep players just there for their "relics", and many more that will pvp without pvp gear, there is also a learning curve that I have seen on both sides, when someone asks for a "peel" in say the alderaan map that doesn't mean run to the node and try to cap also, that means run about halfway between the node and the back wall of mid to slow or cc or intercept players attempting to stop the cap. Imps seem to have more premades in general which is about par for all servers except harbinger I reckon, however their premades are usually more "politically" correct with a tank, an op healer "they are still the best pvp healer", and two dps.

I have sat nodes as a jugg, assassin, shadow, guardian, and pt since I've been here, the assassin and shadow I don't mind sitting them, it's kinda what the class is "best" at 1v1 or stalling from stealth til others can arrive, the pt as long as shoulder cannon is up I'm alright with, even though they would be much better suited to be in the mix of things, the one that gets me is the jugg/guardian, they thrive in the midst of the big fight. It's almost like some people believe that holding the node is beneath them or something, it's objective based pvp, don't know why some people think this. I have had several matches where I would call out an inc to the node/pylon and nobody respond, this happens more on the pub side than the imps in my experience.

I have marked healers as I sat a node and told the pubs that the healers are marked get on the marked healers And watched as they continue to hit the tank, or dps instead of them, the imps are much more single minded in this they will mercilessly beat the snot out of a marked target. Yeah I'm that assassin/shadow/guardian/jugg that harasses the crap out of you if your a healer. The quote, "so many backstabs" from yolk kind of sums it up, I would get him to about half he would start his rolls/evading, get a guard, never did die in that warzone, but I sure made his life a lot harder for a little bit.

Are the pubs worse off at the moment...answer yes, are they beyond hope...absolutely not, however it's going to have to be a concerted and unified effort from some of the pvp guilds for example core to step up and teach others that want to get better, not just run in get their wins for the day and leave, and ya kinda have to remain humble when your doing this or ya come off like a bunch of jerks when you try and "help" people. I've been in their position and on both sides of the factions before, it's not easy to be the guys with the "target" on your back and put that aside to try and make something better.

Just what I think

Sojorn/Saedist/Stranglar/Seje/Sojo formerly of Maven

Lemmis
06.28.2014 , 05:09 PM | #8
Been playing my republic toon a fair bit, solo signing. It's as rough as ever. Get to playing, nerds.
Pete

Zohkar
06.28.2014 , 06:20 PM | #9
When it comes to pvp, we must specify if its ground or space? While Imperial seem to own the ground combat they don't completely own space combat which is more or less Republic controlled. With the double requestion and credits right now coming from that until 2.8.1 which then I believe switchs to ground combat. I know for me I gave up on ground combat because as a sorcerer healer I became way more focused then normal, maybe because I was ok at it but in my mind I was around a average player. And forget doing arenas because those favor the fast casting operative.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Easpeak
06.29.2014 , 02:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
When it comes to pvp, we must specify if its ground or space? While Imperial seem to own the ground combat they don't completely own space combat which is more or less Republic controlled. With the double requestion and credits right now coming from that until 2.8.1 which then I believe switchs to ground combat. I know for me I gave up on ground combat because as a sorcerer healer I became way more focused then normal, maybe because I was ok at it but in my mind I was around a average player. And forget doing arenas because those favor the fast casting operative.
Two weeks in and it is still unclear to you whether we are talking about space or ground PvP?
Easpeax
Heff
Neitho
Hieronymous