Help with Dirty Fighting

Aegoias

Hey guys I'm looking for some help with the Dirty Fighting spec. I've been running the hybrid spec for a long time, but recently have seen from other slingers/snipers that dirty fighting/lethality is much better. My dirty fighting parses have only led me to achieve about 3047 dps where as my hybrid parse I am able to achieve to 3180 dps. I know that I should be able to do some more dps with the hybrid, so I can improve there, but I know I am doing something completely wrong for dirty fighting. Any help would be appreciated.

Click here for my gear

Hey guys I'm looking for some help with the Dirty Fighting spec. I've been running the hybrid spec for a long time, but recently have seen from other slingers/snipers that dirty fighting/lethality is much better. My dirty fighting parses have only led me to achieve about 3047 dps where as my hybrid parse I am able to achieve to 3180 dps. I know that I should be able to do some more dps with the hybrid, so I can improve there, but I know I am doing something completely wrong for dirty fighting. Any help would be appreciated.

Click here for my gear

I'm not as familiar with the Hybrid as DF, so I'll only help with that. Your APM is very low, it looks like you're waiting in between abilities and not making use of every GCD. You need to be in the 33-34 APM range to be playing this spec correctly.

Your entire rotation can be done as so (props go to Lunagazer on this one)

Open with XS freighter flyby > Aimed Shot

SB > VS > HB > WS > SC + IM > QD > SS > WS > QD

SB > VS > HB > WS > Highttail It > QD > SS > WS > QD

SB > VS > HB > WS > QD + SL > SS > CB > WS > QD

SB > VS > HB > WS > SC + CH > QD > SS > WS > QD

SB > VS > HB > WS > Hightail It > QD > SS > WS > QD

SB > VS > HB > WS > QD > SS > Hightail It > WS > QD

Repeat

Pop your adrenal during the GCD of the first Hemorrhaging Blast. If your energy is particularly low off the bat, forgo the first Sabotage Charge and instead start with

SB > VS > HB > WS > Hightail It + IM > QD > SS > WS > QD

This rotation is 100% repeatable and very simple to use.

Thanks a bunch this really helped a lot I think, after getting the hang of the rotation. The first few tries I was starved of energy within 2 minutes with no cool head in sight, so I just dropped sabotage charge from the rotation. Plus I don't think I was using smuggler's luck with charged burst wisely, but here is my parse after what you advised me to do, APM is still a bit low and I'll need to work on that, but thanks again! Edited by Aegoias

Thanks a bunch this really helped a lot I think, after getting the hang of the rotation. The first few tries I was starved of energy within 2 minutes with no cool head in sight, so I just dropped sabotage charge from the rotation. Plus I don't think I was using smuggler's luck with charged burst wisely, but here is my parse after what you advised me to do, APM is still a bit low and I'll need to work on that, but thanks again!

Ok. So looking your log, you aren't using the 4-pc set bonus. Why not? It reduces the energy cost of quickdraw, allowing the energy requirements the spec to be sustained. Adding this in will allow you to keep sabotage charge in your rotation

Ah that would do it, I never need the 4 set when I was hybrid because I would be able to manage energy quite easily. Thanks for catching that, will try to get set bonus armorings asap.

Your Hybrid parse has 12 Quickdraws. That is 84 energy wasted (7 per activation) in the sub 30% phase. That 84 energy could be used for other abilities to add up to your dps.

The saving of 7 per activation allows you to be more risky with Quickdraw, allowing more uses and still an energy positive or neutral rotation.

In other words, you *do* need it no matter the spec you are playing.

Ah that makes a lot of sense, just me being bad then. After getting used to the rotation and getting the 4 set bonus this is what i was able to achieve, any suggestions for improvements?

Not saying you're bad since the addition is rather small to non-DF specs. I just wanted to point out that it is usefull. But back your parse.

I don't know your energy level during your rotation (especially during your opnener) so I cannot judge to muhc on that.

What I noticed however is opening up with 2 rotation with Hightail It.

If your energy was risky, then fine but usually you want to start with your stronger rotation as soon as possible.

My opener most of the time:

Flyby -> AS -> SB -> VS -> HB -> (Relic + Adrenal) -> WS -> SaboC + IM -> QD -> SS -> WS -> QD

If it is to risky to use SaboC + IM, then I open up with a Hightail it first. But you don't want to delay using IM to much, since it does increase the damage done by SaboC, QD, SS and WS white damage.

You want to combine IM with SaboC since it refunds 15 energy, making it safe to use SaboC. And it does more damage than using it with Hightail It.

Overall you seem to near what you should hit with your gear. You'll get in the 3.6 range once you get more Dread Forged token enhancements.

Repeat

In a raid situation where you are not using Hightail It, what filler would you use in its place: Flurry/Flyby/Debuff (if needed)?

Repeat

In a raid situation where you are not using Hightail It, what filler would you use in its place: Flurry/Flyby/Debuff (if needed)?

Have not really tested it yet but here is my guess.

Flurry is better than nothing and it is free.

Debuff if ncessary is always a good choice. Just watch your energy when using it.

Flyby delays everything by a second everytime you use it. I do not think it´s damage compensates for the delays of WS

In a fight like Tyrans in DP NiM, the only filler available to replace Hightail It is Flurry of Bolts. FoB damage is almost as much as the Incendiary Mine anyway (possibly more if it crits?) so the DPS loss is pretty negligible all things considered.