Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tomb of Sorrows Going for Server 1st NiM DF Brontes Kill

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Begeren Colony
Tomb of Sorrows Going for Server 1st NiM DF Brontes Kill

twotilmidnite
06.23.2014 , 09:49 PM | #1
Begeren Colony The Harbinger
Imperial Diehard
Xenoph 55 Carnage Marauder Vannik 55 Immortal Juggernaut
Therakiin 55 Marksman Sniper Válera 55 Medicine Operative
Valora 55 Pyro Merc Válorá 55 Shield Tech Powertech
Xénoph 55 Darkness Assassin Xénòph 55 Corruption Sorcerer
"You live, you know pain, you have learned fear. Now only death remains..."

raidmac
06.23.2014 , 09:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by twotilmidnite View Post
good luck , brontes is still a fickle *****
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

Mevarek
06.23.2014 , 10:05 PM | #3
Good luck on brontes! I would watch, but stream quality isn't good on my phone.
Teh Reel Mevarek
"What we got here is a case of mental retardation."
-Sean, 2014

bluecheesebandit
06.23.2014 , 10:11 PM | #4
Stream quality is even worse on my computer. :P

raidmac
06.23.2014 , 10:52 PM | #5
From watching your stream, I would say you guys are a good 3-4 weeks away from killing brontes

twotilmidnite
06.23.2014 , 10:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
From watching your stream, I would say you guys are a good 3-4 weeks away from killing brontes
Apologies for the stream quality, guys. Still figuring out everything :P Thor, if you wouldn't mind commenting or PM'ing me with what you think needs improved, I'd appreciate it.
Begeren Colony The Harbinger
Imperial Diehard
Xenoph 55 Carnage Marauder Vannik 55 Immortal Juggernaut
Therakiin 55 Marksman Sniper Válera 55 Medicine Operative
Valora 55 Pyro Merc Válorá 55 Shield Tech Powertech
Xénoph 55 Darkness Assassin Xénòph 55 Corruption Sorcerer
"You live, you know pain, you have learned fear. Now only death remains..."

ZooMzy
06.23.2014 , 11:40 PM | #7
Was not happy with the team members we had tonight.

And damnit Xeno, if I would've known you were streaming this I wouldn't have called so much crap out. Now everyone gets to see me noob raid lead NiM -_-

raidmac
06.24.2014 , 02:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by twotilmidnite View Post
Apologies for the stream quality, guys. Still figuring out everything :P Thor, if you wouldn't mind commenting or PM'ing me with what you think needs improved, I'd appreciate it.
I dont think there is any specific advice that I can give you. But Brontes is a very tough and frustrating fight, I know of a few guilds that blew up over this fight (hatred for example, there is a reason why Dulfy doesnt have guides up for all the fights in NiM palace). I would just make sure that your guildies are in this for the long haul, because it will take a lot of time to down this boss.

jessherring
06.24.2014 , 02:35 PM | #9
Ohhh Noooo! I was feeling like complete **** and was sucking terribly I demand a do over lol jk. But yeah last night didn't go to well at all. But it was our very first time ever touching her and we did have a new person completely new to Brontes who hasn't done but story mode so it could have gone worse. Still we have a lot of work to do.

soowonlee
06.24.2014 , 06:59 PM | #10
What makes this fight potentially frustrating are the various mechanics that are RNG determined. Here are some observations that are hopefully useful.

First phase: Hands of Brontes
Spawn location of Hands after burrowing can be anywhere in the area and is RNG determined. It is much easier on tanks if DPS is even between the two Hands. If one Hand burrows before the other, then it is difficult for the tank to get that Hand while making sure the other Hand doesn't cleave the raid.

Orbs now spawn during this phase. Each DPS must know their class well enough to be able to continue dpsing while the orb is building stacks and then time it so that they can explode the orb at 15-20 stacks. Just kiting the orb until it builds 15+ stacks is a major dps loss. Understanding how your defensive cooldowns work and how to take advantage of them is crucial here.

A pair of fingers will also spawn at the beginning of the fight and again approximately every 40 seconds or so. DPS should be able to push to the next phase before a third pair spawns.

Interim phase: Pairs of lightning tentacles
Seven pairs of tentacles spawn successively during this phase. Each spawn applies a slow debuff to the entire raid. Tentacles will spawn close to members of the raid, but which members they spawn close to will be RNG determined.

Stacking up prior to this interim phase and moving together can be helpful in that it increases the likelihood that tentacle pairs will spawn close together. What usually kills people are pairs that spawn for apart, forming a lightning beam across the room.

If you have Marauders in your group, then Predation can be a big help here.

There will usually be an orb out when this phase starts. Be sure to decide whether a tank will get it, or if it is the responsibility of the person targeted by the orb.

Whoever is tanking Brontes during the next phase, should move to the center of the room after the 6th pair of tentacles spawn in order to position him/herself for the beginning of the next phase.

Second Phase: Brontes and Kephess adds
Brontes spawns and immediately channels Arcing Assault. The tank must grab aggro immediately and face Brontes away from the group, since is a conal. Brontes casts Arcing Assault about every 15 seconds.

Kephess adds spawns about 10 seconds in to the phase. Each additional Kephess spawns at roughly 35 second intervals.

Tanks have to figure out how to coordinate this part of the fight, i.e. who will tank Brontes and who will tank Kephess. Ideally, each tank should not take more than four stacks of Arcing Assault at a time.

Pushing Brontes below 50% health initiates the next phase. DPS should be able to push to the next phase before a fourth Kephess spawns. Tanks should be responsible for getting any orb that remains when you transition out of this phase.

Interim phase: Droids with rotating lightning beam
This is a straight DPS check. If necessary, healers and tanks should help kill the first droid with your hardest hitting attacks (e.g. Orbital Strike, Explosive Probe, Death from Above, Unload, Recklessness+Force Lightning, Ravage, etc)

The key here is to respond quickly to the direction of the lightning beam. Stack behind the boss and be ready to move in once you see where the beam is going.

There are two more phases, but I think I'm rambling too much. I highly recommend watching kill videos from all three perspectives (Tank, Heal, DPS) to learn more about the ins and outs of the fight.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>