PLEASE Devs, We need something, dates, estimates, details.

Malinok

- When can we expect an expansion: New Planet(s)(and I dont mean like CZ-198 Daily Area), New Operation(s) (we are working on 8 months since release of DF/DP and not even a hint at when a new end game operation will be released, end games subbers are dropping like, well dropping like uninterested players on shadowlands, multiple end game guilds have outright dissolved or quit over last 6 months.

- Can we ever expect an extension to individual class or player story

- When will we get a new playable race

As neat as I think it will be, I could care less about Flagships and Stronholds as I dont see how thats going to occupy my time for more than a week. or two of decorating and "ooo thats new"

Im in the search for other games to occupy my time and finding less and less motiviation to log into swtor outside of my 2 operation nights..and even that is becoming harder and harder.

Motivation me devs, customer retention, do eeeeeeeet

Edited by Malinok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, the devs need to pull their finger out and let us know what's occurring, I mean gsh looks awesome and I'm realy excited especially the guild ship stuff and controlling planets, also if they have a makeb type expansion where are the details I'm starting to feel skeptical about it coming Tbh.

I'm just hoping its BW waiting to go Bam have some of that.

Its got so bad I've turned to the dark side and changed my main from a shadow to my Mara, ok he's a ls Mara but still, come on BW give me some sugar.

Disagree. What comes, comes when it comes. For all that knowing BW's plans (and that's all they are, plans) might be interesting, I doubt anyone here needs to know them.

It's not like people other than those at BW schedule their activities 3 months in advance based on SWTOR expansion release dates. People need to stop confusing what they want with what they need.

And yes, there are good reasons for BW to not reveal some future plans, and good reasons for BW to reveal some others. But they are BW's reasons, and what some players think they "need" to know isn't one of them.

- When can we expect an expansion: New Planet(s)(and I dont mean like CZ-198 Daily Area), New Operation(s) (we are working on 8 months since release of DF/DP and not even a hint at when a new end game operation will be released, end games subbers are dropping like, well dropping like uninterested players on shadowlands, multiple end game guilds have outright dissolved or quit over last 6 months.

As neat as I think it will be, I could care less about Flagships and Stronholds as I dont see how thats going to occupy my time for more than a week. or two of decorating and "ooo thats new"

Im in the search for other games to occupy my time and finding less and less motiviation to log into swtor outside of my 2 operation nights..and even that is becoming harder and harder.

you will not see any extension of individual class story or player story. You will see your char in the scope of the larger story (makeb, oricon, and the new flashpoints as examples).

As for new races, running theory is VOSS here probably 2.9 or as late as 3.0 but could seen it sooner depending on the patch cycle.

2.9 will be a pretty big update outside of strongholds as well, but I think your biggest expectations will be geared more to 3.0 when I think (and general consensus) is level cap will be increased along with new "content" to help fill it.

only advice I can give is either be patient, or take a break, playing less for a short time isn't a bad thing.

Disagree. What comes, comes when it comes. For all that knowing BW's plans (and that's all they are, plans) might be interesting, I doubt anyone here needs to know them.

It's not like people other than those at BW schedule their activities 3 months in advance based on SWTOR expansion release dates. People need to stop confusing what they want with what they need.

And yes, there are good reasons for BW to not reveal some future plans, and good reasons for BW to reveal some others. But they are BW's reasons, and what some players think they "need" to know isn't one of them.

Stop being so ridiculously literal. Obviously he's begging for information to keep up his own hope that this game will make a comeback and survive. He "needs" to know to have any hope...otherwise he'll likely follow the many others who have quit.

Given how vocal I've been lately, I'll just say that I agree.

That was predictable: that way you can complain about the plans, complain if they change, and then complain again after the content is released. And if no additional details on the plans are released, you can complain that BW never listens to the players.

You see, I read in another thread that you believe people making certain assumptions was "legit." I think people making assumptions about what you would post in response to anything BW says is just as legit.

Stop being so ridiculously literal. Obviously he's begging for information to keep up his own hope that this game will make a comeback and survive. He "needs" to know to have any hope...otherwise he'll likely follow the many others who have quit.

Why would he/she trust BW to not just string him along with insincere "plans" if he is so devoid of hope for the game?

You either believe BW will do what it thinks best to keep the game vital and growing, based on it being their jobs that are at stake, or you don't. If you believe that, you let BW worry about it and enjoy the game you have, making suggestions if you have any and you want to. If you don't believe it, having hope for the game seems unlikely.

You can always unsubscribe and take a hiatus for a while, if you do not enjoy the game in its current state. Then come back after the new content is released. Nothing wrong with that, and BW does not penalize you for doing so.

Why would he/she trust BW to not just string him along with insincere "plans" if he is so devoid of hope for the game?

You either believe BW will do what it thinks best to keep the game vital and growing, based on it being their jobs that are at stake, or you don't. If you believe that, you let BW worry about it and enjoy the game you have, making suggestions if you have any and you want to. If you don't believe it, having hope for the game seems unlikely.

You can always unsubscribe and take a hiatus for a while, if you do not enjoy the game in its current state. Then come back after the new content is released. Nothing wrong with that, and BW does not penalize you for doing so.

Oh, come on! Be serious.

I'm not going anywhere, but I'd love to know more about the coming updates. They're at the point that they could give us a few crumbs to nibble on. You know, just as long as people don't try to make a meal out of those crumbs. They should absolutely do something to keep players engaged and excited about the future.

I CONCUR, with that. But this is my reasoning for leaving in the not so distant future. If there is no new Class story line, "a Chapter 5" i could just be ok with, to make me wait, but to keep me longer then October of this year, a "Chapter 6 & 7" would also have to be added to the mix.

If not, my spare time is going to go too, and i'm so freaking pleased to say (ABOUT FREAKING TIME!) GTA 5 will hit PC along with its online MP. Which means far less time in this game and if there happens to be a sub for them, well then the sub funds i spend on this will be transferred to GTA:5. Where there will be some much to do, so many missions side missions, also online Missions and side missions, just so much to do it would take months to just find it all. There so much stuff and there coming out with more stuff and events that, it will make your head spin.

Oh well, we'll wait and see. It does sadden me to see a game that i followed from the first announcement of it, to help beta testing it, to what is today. I do hope it improves leaps and bonds from what it is now, before its to late.

I know there is More labyrinth type of games to switch to but, i do love me some, jacking cars and running me over some, crack headed Prostitutes in the morning. Then go and have me some, Hot Coffee before i head to work. ;)

Oh, come on! Be serious.

I am. I live in the SWTOR now, not the future. Recall Yoda's criticism of young Luke: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph." I think that's what is happening in this thread.

I'm not going anywhere, but I'd love to know more about the coming updates. They're at the point that they could give us a few crumbs to nibble on. You know, just as long as people don't try to make a meal out of those crumbs.

The problem is, many players will not only make a meal of those crumbs, but also a forum war.

I like what I do know of BW's plans, and would enjoy knowing more. But I don't need it, because I have faith in one fundamental thing: people want to keep their jobs, and will usually act accordingly. Unlike the various Game Design and Marketing Experts that like to opine on the forums, BW's devs and marketing team have something very important at stake when they make decisions, including decisions on what info to release.

To me SWTOR is just a game, I'm not much invested in it emotionally or financially. Given how little I have at stake, it is easy for me to trust BW: I am not out much if they don't deserve that trust.

Personally, I've been running out of things to do in this game for a while. I've resorted to full time PvP on non raid nights because that's the only thing to do where its not the same exact thing over and over. Put some randomness in your game BW!!!!

I am. I live in the SWTOR now, not the future. Recall Yoda's criticism of young Luke: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph." I think that's what is happening in this thread.

The problem with this, in this SW universe, Yoda and Luke wasn't even born yet, So that quote doesn't, Exists.

The problem is, many players will not only make a meal of those crumbs, but also a forum war.

I like what I do know of BW's plans, and would enjoy knowing more. But I don't need it, because I have faith in one fundamental thing: people want to keep their jobs, and will usually act accordingly. Unlike the various Game Design and Marketing Experts that like to opine on the forums, BW's devs and marketing team have something very important at stake when they make decisions, including decisions on what info to release.

To me SWTOR is just a game, I'm not much invested in it emotionally or financially. Given how little I have at stake, it is easy for me to trust BW: I am not out much if they don't deserve that trust.

Here's the thing... I understand their caution in releasing info. I've defended (or at least explained) it many times on these very forums. However, we live in a world where more companies are opting for transparency. They absolutely could talk about their hopes and dreams for the game as long as they set expectations appropriately, which they don't seem to be able to do. Had they communicated better in the beginning, we wouldn't have this mess now.

Of course, they could correct things. It would be challenging, but any marketing/PR team worth their salt could handle it. There's a lot of information and openness on the internet. For a game that is based on and relies on the internet and gaming communities... for them to be so closed is just a little startling.

In short, they need to step up their game.

I'm not sure why some disagree about the player base wanting more info. They have been really quiet and the road map is not much more than "Yeah, you will have an expansion in the future". I think most of the player base could have written what we know in the roadmap outside of the GSH details.

A friend of mine has been playing WildStar and as I looked into it, I was shocked to how much communication that dev team has with the community. I wish we could get half of that much communication. Whenever you check Dev Tracker, you KNOW before you check it that the only new posts are going to be Tait responding to a thread in the bug reports forum saying "I'll pass that along to the Dev team! Thanks!"

The issue with not hearing anything is that we don't know if anyone is listening to the player base, meaning they are making whatever they want to make without knowing if we want it (NGE in SWG anyone?). We all know they are working on something and that they have plans, but it is hard to stay excited about the game when we hear nothing. Looking at WildStar, it seems to have a cool housing system. We are getting housing too, but how does it stack up against WildStar? I have no clue even though it is our next big patch.

Had they communicated better in the beginning, we wouldn't have this mess now.

I do not see much evidence that this "mess" extends much farther than the forums. If so, it probably doesn't matter much.

Anyway, knowing BWs plans for Q4 doesn't affect whether you can enjoy the game now.

And their nearer-term plans (through August) are pretty well communicated, I think.

Even the wink-wink about the Rhakghoul event is nicely done, in my opinion.

I've always thought many things are better when there is some mystery. That's why we have spoiler warnings. And that's why people with the right clothing on are far sexier than naked ones. :)

We are getting housing too, but how does it stack up against WildStar? I have no clue even though it is our next big patch.

I know players have been asking for this for ages, or some way of showing trophies on their ships etc. I just can't find myself interested in it, at all. Guild ships / battles for worlds seems like it could be a good distraction, but again there is so little information on how this will play out.

I'm not asking for the devs to communicate as much as other devs in other games. Absolutely not, i'd prefer they spent time making the game more than it is now. That said, those swtor cantina things? What a waste of space for those who don't live in the USA. Seems like engaging the whole community isn't something BW have considered fully.

Anyway, mind rambling now.

Better question can we even expect an expansion ever or do you plan on doing content patches from here on out?

Edited by rklontz

Well, EVERYTHING else aside, My biggest thing is end game content, its my primary motivation to play an MMO after having a character or two at max level and completed story line.

There have been no announcements or hints at when a New Operation will land, which is really really sad at the moment, given all the other content they have hinted at due in August, it is leaving us Ops/Raiders/End Gamers to assume nothing new will land before Fall/Winter at earliest.

I have been doing end game since month 2 of launch, after hitting Battlemaster back when it was a challenge, and I have seen a major drop off in "End Game Guilds" and available players for this content.

I dont count newly forming guilds that pop up every other week and like to call doing HM DF/DP as "Progression" 5+ months after its release as an end game guild, I am talking about actual progression guilds who actually work through the content when new and fresh.

Based on the current info Devs have offered and last roadmap provided, we see no evidence of any End Game content prior to October, which would be 1 year from original launch of DF/DP. Thats insanely unnacceptable for players like me/us.

It was 6 months between when DF/DP launched before they offered it on NIM, thats crazytown

They were doing a really god job of releasing a new operation every 4 months before DF/DP

I may be slightly off on my dates, had to really dig through some old posts and patch notes.

LVL 50 Content

12/2011 - Launch EV SM/HM

01/2012 - Launch KP SM/HM (1 month after launch)

4/12/12 - EC SM/HM (3 Months Since Prior)

9/26/12 - TFB SM/HM (5.5 Months Since Prior)

11/15/12 - EC NiM (2 MOnths Since Prior)

LVL 55 Content (5 Months Since Prior, but ok, new planet, new lvl, new skills, new daily, new pvp, 2 new operations)

4/9/13 - TFB SM/HM

4/9/13 - Scum and Villainy SM/HM

6/12/13 - TFB NiM (2 Months Since Prior)(3rd content patch to contain same operation...)

7/16/13 - SnV NiM (1 Month Since Prior)

10/04/13 - DF SM/HM (3 Months Since Prior)

10/04/13 - DP/SM/HM (3 Months Since Prior)

4/08/14 - NiM DF (6 Months Since Prior, and Just NiM of Same Operation)

6/10/14 - NiM DP (2 Months Since Prior, 8 Months Since same instance was released on prior difficulty

So they started off really strong, giving a new operation every 1-3 months, then a 5 month ouchie gap before TFB, then they release NiM EC, 7 months after its original inception

5 months later, We then get to do TFB HM again at 55, but at least we get a new operation with it, SnV...and some fancy new 55 quests, gear, skills and planet, so ok, Im ok with 5 month gap here.

2 Months Later, TFB yet again, just an upped difficulty, but at least its a "new" operation in less than 3 months time.

3 Months later DF/DP HM, so again, they havent made the gaps so big as to be too tedious, and have introduced some nice Arena and GSF along the way.

DF NiM.....6 months since last operation release, and its just NiM Versiaon of same...now things have slowed down. Come this October, we will have been fighting the same 10 bosses inside of the same instance (with altered difficulty) for 1 full year.

I do not see much evidence that this "mess" extends much farther than the forums.

Try queuing up with groupfinder....

Anyway, I agree that they need to communicate more.

And not recycle content, we need NEW content!

Edited by Icestar