Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we position mobs w/ back to group?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Should we position mobs w/ back to group?

darkov
12.25.2011 , 03:42 AM | #11
I always do it, regardless of the mechanical advantages (if there are any), it helps me keep an eye on the entire battlefield. I can see the mobs facing me and all of my party as well.

Situation awareness is important for a tank.

Onimara
12.26.2011 , 01:39 AM | #12
personally I'm a big fan of the 90 degree tanking, all frontal cones wont effect my healer/ranged, I'm close enough to move minimal distance if I want to come and knock back mobs pestering my healer or to taunt them.

another approach I take in PUGs is to wait till the melee DPS align around the boss, then turn it away so they are in it's flanks/rear. that way I don't plan ahead how I'm going to position it but help the DPSers to do their job without thinking too much...yeah, I don't trust PUG DPSers usually, most of they just run the minimal distance and stay there no matter what.

Rafkin
12.26.2011 , 05:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Emgro View Post
Main reason I like to tank from the far side of the enemy mob is simple: you can see your group. Much easier to notice loose adds from there.
Exactly why i do it. Especially with the limited camera angle.

Catlana
12.28.2011 , 01:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaigen View Post
I don't think attacking mobs from behind actually helps get around their parry/defense in this game. It might help for allies with position-sensitive attacks, though, and if you lose aggro you'll be able to tell right away. Also, some bosses like to center AoE's on their current target, so being positioned away from the group will keep them out of those.
This has been my experience. There are a lot of peeps with positional attacks.