Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow Tank BiS 186

IInox
06.21.2014 , 04:05 AM | #1
Hi guys,

I know that 180 BiS is like:

Shield: 940
Abs: 1193
Def: 462

from: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Cd...JNOFg5RUE/edit

What about BiS 186?

Do you need a BiS Build for each boss of DP and DF NiM?

I ask these things to complete my compendium with the tank side, I've alredy infos abouit builds and rotation.

KeyboardNinja
06.24.2014 , 04:49 PM | #2
I'm not sure what the exact stat budget is for full 186 gear, but it's probably somewhere around 2900. The Ideal Tank Stats post does include data for that stat budget, which should be sufficient to declare "BiS" for now. Once we have data on damage distributions for NiM DP, the stat distributions will be refined somewhat, but they shouldn't change very much.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

dipstik
06.26.2014 , 12:54 PM | #3
The shield is 1020, with 1897 defense/absorb/shield=2917.

Omophorus
06.28.2014 , 01:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
Do you need a BiS Build for each boss of DP and DF NiM?
It doesn't hurt, but to be honest the steady-state DPS isn't actually all that bad and it's burst damage you have to worry about. The raid-wide damage on this tier is a much bigger problem than tank damage, and a little stat juggling doesn't make a substantial difference in that regard. There's no real downside to being able to adjust your Defense/Shield/Absorb ratings, of course, but the upside isn't that noteworthy either.

It's much more important to make sure that you're comfortable playing hybrid, because there are numerous fights where it's substantially superior to full-tree (Nefra, Brontes, Bestia, Tyrans at minimum, arguable for some other fights as well). Most of the fights with the highest DTPS on the tanks and the worst burst damage are very hybrid-friendly, and the spec change makes a much bigger difference than swapping stats around by a few hundred points.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

KeyboardNinja
06.28.2014 , 10:35 AM | #5
Nefra's damage is almost exclusively single target. The only AoE in the fight is the dot, oddly. So hybrid is a good deal worse for that boss than full darkness. As for bestia, hybrid is very good for mitigating monster damage, but unless you're the two-monster tank, that's not the hardest part of the fight. Losing out on the snap threat from Wither and the substantially higher DPS is a significant hit if you're the one-monster tank.

Agreed on the rest though. Also add Raptus. Tyrans is a weird case, because you actually take higher steady state damage from him due to the weaker passives in hybrid, but his big burst attack is so much less threatening that the tradeoff is worth it. Sucks though, because I hate playing hybrid. :-S

I really wish Bioware would move AoE redux into the tank tree and configure it such that you have to choose between AoE redux and better overall redux. That would probably be difficult to do within the confines of swtor's skill trees, but it would still be very nice. I just hate having to hybridize in order to *improve* my mitigation.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

AAAAzrael
06.28.2014 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I really wish Bioware would move AoE redux into the tank tree and configure it such that you have to choose between AoE redux and better overall redux. That would probably be difficult to do within the confines of swtor's skill trees, but it would still be very nice. I just hate having to hybridize in order to *improve* my mitigation.
What they can and should do is just tie it to stance, or move much higher up the tree. Hybrid is horrible to play, but necessary sometimes
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

IInox
07.07.2014 , 05:52 AM | #7

Leafy_Bug
07.07.2014 , 09:47 AM | #8
I am a bit confused as your builds are a bit PVP-ish yet you are making a topic about BIS 186. In addition, I was never a big fan of builds where upheaval was discarded. This is what I personally use:

1. DF 8M NIM 4/5
2. DF 4/5 16M NiM :
3. Brontes NiM both 8M and 16M / Bestia 8M NiM / 16M NiM as well as Tyrans NiM . 7K shadow strikes with resolve stim on the droids is something you should not ignore.

To summarize my builds vary only when it comes to applied force and celerity. I do not take shadow's respite unless I run a proper hybrid. I take all the points in upheaval because 1 point is a waste in this skill. If you build with shadows respite and you are going full Kinetic, I am sorry but I do not agree with this. The 6 seconds in stealth before the pull to regenerate force are useless because proper management of the rotation does not starve you of force.

IInox
07.07.2014 , 11:56 AM | #9
there aren't mine ofc, so I missunderstood

ty btw! what about Calphayus, Raptus and Council?

what about relics?

AAAAzrael
07.08.2014 , 05:21 AM | #10
Inox - relics are always Fortunate Redoubt and Reactive Warding. I run same builds as Leafy only I don't run without celerity usually.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse