Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Break Plays 15 Games to Complete Weekly- WZ Recaps, Screenshots and Depression Inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Break Plays 15 Games to Complete Weekly- WZ Recaps, Screenshots and Depression Inside

andbreak
06.21.2014 , 01:24 AM | #1
I can easily admit I'm not the best Sentinel player around (*shakes fist at Char*), but I like to think I can press keys on my keyboard with the best of them, and (for what's it's worth to my e-peen), I've made a lot of people's top 3 Sent list. I bring this up to offer a little background before I give a breakdown, so that I don't come off as completely clueless.

And so in lieu of the recent PvP threads concerning the Republic, I give you a Sent's Eye's view:

GAME 1 - Arena
Less than 28k HP - 2
Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared- 0

Okay, so only 50% of my team is under geared. That's not too bad, all things considered. We still have a chance. lol nevermind the gunslinger pulls 127.1 DPS in two rounds. I get tunneled to hell and back again and decide it's time to change my name to something unfamiliar to Empire players.

LOSS - 1
WIN-0

GAME 2 - Ancient Hypergate
Less than 28k HP - 4
Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 0

Again, half the team is PvE geared, but high end PvE isn't easy-mouse-click skills, so I still hold onto hope. My mistake, because we take one Pylon the entire match and lose something like 90 to 900: http://i.imgur.com/vsF7HVt.png

The worst part about this is not only was I #1 damage on the team, but was #1 in objective points as well. It should not work like this.

LOSS - 2
WIN - 0

GAME 3 - Arena
Less than 28K HP - 0
Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 1

That '1' next to the PvE geared? Yeah, that's our SAGE HEALER WITH 218 EXP (PvP relics) AND 30K LIFE. Suffice to say, we got rolled.

Quote of the Match - Bast'rus (Powertech) : Dat PvE gear. Hope you're ready for a looooooong and painful grind. Gonna earn those relics.

LOSS - 3
WIN - 0

GAME 4 - Arena
Less than 28K HP - 1

We're not going to talk about this one.

LOSS - 4
WIN - 0

Game 5 - Huttball
Less than 28K HP - 1
Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 0

Look at that! Some geared people. Well, this only goes to prove that SWTOR PvP exists to slowly kill all of my hopes. Some Shadow from Aisthesis was playing, though. Hyperbeam or Hyper or something all epicy. He's pretty good.

LOSS - 5
WIN - 0

GAME 6 - Novarre Coast
Less than 28K HP - 3

Again, half the team at a disadvantage because of gear. And at this point, I'm not close to being remotely *********** surprised. This one, like the others, was a complete charlie foxtrot. In fact, it was so ridiculously bad that Leah, an Empire Powertech, pointed out to one of our players that uses a class form/stance ... that he wasn't in a form/stance. She literally stopped in the middle of PvP (I noticed immediately because she peels me off her healers) and typed out some white text that was surprisingly polite and cordial. This is for you, Leah: https://i.imgur.com/pvmIdl3.gif

Anyways, here's the damage chart: http://i.imgur.com/tLviX7a.png Take a comparison of healing done from both sides. I've found a lack of healing/tanks pretty prevalent in Pub side WZs.

LOSS - 6
WIN - 0

GAME 7 - Arena
Less than 28K HP - 2

Despite being undergeared / not geared for PvP, we win this one! hahahahahahah just kidding, we lose horribly and I rage quit for the night.

Fun Fact of the Match: In two rounds, I was 65,000 damage above the next Republic character. SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND. There is literally nothing else to do in Arena but do damage. Seriously. That's all you have to do. You *********** click on something with a red circle around it and mash keys. The third and last place damage dealers on the team amassed an amazing and unheard of 163 and 167 DPS, respectively.

To put it in perspective, if you added up my team's total damage over two rounds, it was five thousand less damage than I did in the first round alone.

LOSS - 7
WIN - 0
Break
Sentinel

RGMetal
06.21.2014 , 01:39 AM | #2

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Shíro / Míka / Fayé

eerinbastile
06.21.2014 , 02:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by andbreak View Post
There is literally nothing else to do in Arena but do damage.
I found a big problem.

andbreak
06.21.2014 , 02:08 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by eerinbastile View Post
I found a big problem.
Same paragraph:
Quote:
The third and last place damage dealers on the team amassed an amazing and unheard of 163 and 167 DPS, respectively.
Clarification: Gunslinger and Veng Guardian who wasn't taunting.

That's besides the point. This is mostly for comedic effect so I can laugh and not /wrists and reroll Empire.
Break
Sentinel

Azurestone
06.21.2014 , 02:59 AM | #5
I was queuing for an SM FP when group leader CAPS'ed at me and kicked me because I was a "*********** noob doing PVE in PVP gearz." It was a *********** SM FP and I was in war heroes with 2 pieces of elite war heroes. We PVP'ers should have the same authority to "persuade" relic farmers to farm when I am not fighting with him.

Imps are bad too sometimes. I got rolled hard in midbie last night. There was a legendary node guard who was making a sammich when they nuked him. But it's imps, so I feel tiniest of hopes in the worst of situations, unlike pubs.

When you look at an imp noob, you can see it is trying hard to kill enemies, but their rotation can be improved. When you look at a pub noob, you can feel it clicking double strike very hard. It's like you can see all the way through the internet, your vision penetrating its screen, giving witness to the intense, heart-stopping and throat-cutting moment when it clicks so hard that it messed up his bars, which makes it's clicking even harder. As soon as you jump in on a pub noob, you can feel it is standing there looking for that ability in its bar:" ****, where did I put blade storm???????" And after you killed it, you can hear it, all across the nodes and doors, that it is shuffling its quick bars in respawn zones.

I still have the weekly from last year on my scoundrel. SWTOR is the living proof that dark side is stronger.
Quote: Originally Posted by nitroyoshi View Post
why would you cc a tank

shotokan_Ulic
06.21.2014 , 05:19 AM | #6
PvE pub players at there Finest .
Quality of Pub players sure has dropped since the beginning of season 2, upsetting really .
Uliic, All-Galaxy Guardian
<Brotherhood of the Sith>

johnatters
06.21.2014 , 12:45 PM | #7
Are you actually back, Break? Or was this just a social experiment?
Sek

andbreak
06.21.2014 , 01:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by johnatters View Post
Are you actually back, Break? Or was this just a social experiment?
Possibly. Peyton and I have played with the idea of getting the ol' Ranked Arena team together.
Break
Sentinel

ace_boogie
06.21.2014 , 04:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by shotokan_Ulic View Post
PvE pub players at there Finest .
Quality of Pub players sure has dropped since the beginning of season 2, upsetting really .
This is literally every match I've solo queued into since I got here a week ago. "Dps" who barely or sometimes don't even, outdamage the tanks. Even when I was a clicker I wasn't that slow on dps or that low on damage... I don't understand it.
K'seněa
<Working As Intended>
<Tha Ebon muthaf@ckin Remnant

Jamesupinspace
06.21.2014 , 04:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
This is literally every match I've solo queued into since I got here a week ago. "Dps" who barely or sometimes don't even, outdamage the tanks. Even when I was a clicker I wasn't that slow on dps or that low on damage... I don't understand it.

As my good friend SpongeBob Squarepants says " the struggle is real"

Sting=Radzaa