GamePad??

pinkfloydd

Hi every one I wanted to ask a question, Can you ues a pc gamepad to play this game instead of a mouse? I just bought a Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 and to be honest I have never played PC games before and I am having issues knowing how to use it or even configure the buttons. So I wanted to see if I could use a pc gaming controller, anyone's would help, thank you everyone and have a happy XMAS.

Hi every one I wanted to ask a question, Can you ues a pc gamepad to play this game instead of a mouse? I just bought a Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 and to be honest I have never played PC games before and I am having issues knowing how to use it or even configure the buttons. So I wanted to see if I could use a pc gaming controller, anyone's would help, thank you everyone and have a happy XMAS.

I honestlly don´t know how supported the different gamepads is atm. But there a few articles about this.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19814-using-your-xbox-gamepad-for-space-combat

Altho this guy is clearly using a xbpx 360 controller.

Same with that guy

I just did a quick google search and that´s what i come up with. Try your lukc there aswell. As far as mapping a Gamepad to this game goes. I have no idea. Many MMO´s i´ve played with a gamepad has had support by ticking a box in the options.

Tbh i´m quite curious about this aswell. So if any1 has successully managed to get a gamepad (not a xbox controller) to work with SWTOR. please tell us how =)

Thanks!

I don't know whether SWTOR will support a gamepad at all. You can open up the key bindings screen by hitting escape, selecting preferences, then clicking the "Key Bindings" tab at the bottom of the preferences screen. Then try to bind a movement option to a joystick direction and see what happens.

Even if you manage to get it setup, you may find yourself very short on buttons to press. If you're enjoying SWTOR, and are an avid console gamer, I'd suggest sticking with the keyboard and mouse for a while. I think you'll become accustomed to it very quickly, and it really will work out better in the end for you, as the game is designed to be played with these controls.

Thanks guys, im new to pc games so I really want to be able to get use to playing with a mouse and keyboard its just thatIhave a few issues with my right hand so it gets to be tireing after abit of playing. I am a big ps3 person so I am very use to playing with a controller.

I play a lot of first person shooters and now just starting the MMO game, all on PC. I use a Cyber Snipa Game Pad V2 Wired Keyboard and a Razer Death Adder gaming mouse for everything. The pad might not have quite enough keys to bind, but I have had no problem getting it to fit any game I play. I like having the left hand resting on the game pad being able to reach all buttons (by memory after a short while) without moving my right hand position, and the right hand on the mouse. It doesn't take long and you can fight on the fly never taking your eyes off the monitor. If this helps...

• 2 months later...

I use the Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 ($50) and it works great.

It is the same as thier high end wired controller but I paid extra for the wireless fearture because I use it when playing the game on my PC which is hooked up to my entertainment center so that my 52" HDTV is the monitor and the game is in theater quality surround sound. :)

The buttons & sticks can be mapped to operate any key on the keyboard using the included software. I've mapped them to operate all the mouse functions, the 1 thru = row of keyboard buttons, and Ctrl so that I have 24 actions and full movement when using it. All I have to use a keyboard for is ingame chatting.

Edited by Yager

• 1 month later...
Use your right hand for the mouse. I am left handed and the mouse is one of the few things I use with my right hand. The default key bindings are for right hand persons so it is easier if you have the mouse in your right side.

Why would you play a mmo with a gamepad ? o.O

• 3 years later...
SWTOR has so many keybinds that playing with a gamepad will be... complicated, at best. That said, there are plenty of programs out there that allow you to map your gamepad inputs to keyboard/mouse input. Xpadder is a popular choice.