Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR: continuing to fall short

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
TOR: continuing to fall short

RandomXChance
06.19.2014 , 04:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Undying-Rage View Post
The TOR ship fell completely short when it announced f2p. The cash shop was the nail in the coffin.
In that case, looks like just about every MMO will be dying soon?

The fact that just about every MMO has a "cash shop" these days is making your constant blaming everything on it and predictions of doom because of look more and more ridiculous.

AshenK
06.19.2014 , 04:54 PM | #12
The TOR ship fell completely short when it announced f2p. The cash shop was the nail in the coffin.
f2p is just one of the most anti-consumer systems out there all it's around for is to milk people out of their money. thankfully its dying off.

Sangrar
06.19.2014 , 04:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
f2p is just one of the most anti-consumer systems out there all it's around for is to milk people out of their money. thankfully its dying off.
ummm are you joking more and more I see f2p becoming more common
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Undying-Rage
06.19.2014 , 05:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
Don't forget its p2w system. EAware said we'd never see p2w and they lied to us. Now they're suffering the consequences while MMOs like Wildstar take the gaming community by storm.

Savej
06.19.2014 , 05:08 PM | #15
Don't forget its p2w system. EAware said we'd never see p2w and they lied to us. Now they're suffering the consequences while MMOs like Wildstar take the gaming community by storm.
It's not remotely p2w unless your idea of winning is looking relatively cool... but remember the gtn is your friend for that, so...

Reno_Tarshil
06.19.2014 , 05:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
It's not remotely p2w unless your idea of winning is looking relatively cool... but remember the gtn is your friend for that, so...
Just ignore him, he doesn't even know what P2W is anyways.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

LordArtemis
06.19.2014 , 06:24 PM | #17
I agree in part....management early one was pretty poor IMO, I think they are doing a much better job now however. Also, cross server ques, if possible, would definitely boost this games appeal in my eyes.

However, I do not believe that some of the items you mentioned did not help the game. Yes, even I was disappointed with GSF, so much so I left the game completely for a good chunk of time. It was actually the prospect of GS (housing) that brought me back.

For me personally I see legacy and CM content as very healthy content....but agree that cross server ques would likely be a goldmine for the game.

DawnAskham
06.19.2014 , 06:56 PM | #18
Failure to reach potential is a good way to look at SWTOR.

It has some interesting features, is set within an IP many people, including myself adore, and on the whole isn't a bad game.

It also is missing features players expect in 2014, releases little in the way of new content beyond fluff, is burdened by a technical base that seems to be highly problematic, and on the whole isn't a great game.

If I had to draw an analogy, it would be that SWTOR is like Episode 1, it is Star Wars, but it has quite a few flaws and never seems to reach its potential.

LordArtemis
06.19.2014 , 07:15 PM | #19
I would also say that not only did F2P save this game from most likely oblivion IMO , it continues to remain healthy under the new hybrid system, though it certainly could use some adjustments.

F2P hybrid is how the game should have launched IMO.

Daekarus
06.19.2014 , 07:20 PM | #20
Game looks pretty good considering it's dead. You guys really need to give up on that particular falsehood, it damages your credibility.