Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Preston_Violent
06.22.2014 , 07:58 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Where is the proof that the item drop rate is jacked? I know the legacy unlock prices have changed but where is the proof that we have been wronged as far as RNG goes? Where? Prove it, until then you are all a bunch of pitchfork hillbillies on a which hunt.
Only dev's are able to prove it, which they'll never do, of course. Therefore, no complaints regarding drop rate issue before and then suddenly an outburst of them should and will serve as a proof. Everyone who has bought and opened at least a few star cluster packs noticed it. And many went here to express their frustration.

You can accept it as a proof or continue to deny it, we want our opinion on this "trying out new things" to be heard while you keep returning to the thread to throw around insults and attempting to defend this odious EA's decision. I don't think anyone who is not cool with this drop rate/unlock costs "test" really cares if a EA defender in this thread is convinced or not.

ZETA_SCORPII
06.22.2014 , 08:14 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Preston_Violent View Post
Only dev's are able to prove it, which they'll never do, of course. Therefore, no complaints regarding drop rate issue before and then suddenly an outburst of them should and will serve as a proof. Everyone who has bought and opened at least a few star cluster packs noticed it. And many went here to express their frustration.

You can accept it as a proof or continue to deny it, we want our opinion on this "trying out new things" to be heard while you keep returning to the thread to throw around insults and attempting to defend this odious EA's decision. I don't think anyone who is not cool with this drop rate/unlock costs "test" really cares if a EA defender in this thread is convinced or not.
RNG. You aren't guaranteed anything. I had better RNG luck with this Star Cluster pack than I have in the past so the argument of a few who had bad RNG luck is just that, bad luck. I have no problem with them upping the legacy unlock prices and I sure as hell don't have a problem with this pack containing rare items. On the Harbinger everything was so cheap I didn't even need to use CC's to unlock a thing. Prices have shot up now but still within reason. You folks have no valid argument because you are suggesting that RNG should favor you more.

Lunafox
06.22.2014 , 08:16 PM | #183
Where is the proof that the item drop rate is jacked? I know the legacy unlock prices have changed but where is the proof that we have been wronged as far as RNG goes? Where? Prove it, until then you are all a bunch of pitchfork hillbillies on a which hunt.
You don't have to look any further than the gtn. Pieces like Tulak's belts, wrists, boots, pants and gloves are a plenty....there are atleast (on my server) 27-30 of these items each compared to 8 uppers and 7 masks. Yah, nothing awry here.
The Foundation of all Desire
At FanFiction.net

KotFE: I find your lack of Theron disturbing...WHERE'S THERON SHAN?

ZETA_SCORPII
06.22.2014 , 08:24 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
You don't have to look any further than the gtn. Pieces like Tulak's belts, wrists, boots, pants and gloves are a plenty....there are atleast (on my server) 27-30 of these items each compared to 8 uppers and 7 masks. Yah, nothing awry here.
They made the good stuff (uppers and masks) rare. This is not new.

Darth_Wicked
06.22.2014 , 08:27 PM | #185
I'm not even sure what is being debated exactly...

I mean, has't Eric mentioned here, here and here that some fooling around ensued concerning the rarity of some stuff and that the future pack would be more in line with previous packs?
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

Lunafox
06.22.2014 , 08:28 PM | #186
People only see what they want to, and you want to see that they are just and wonderful and on the up and up, so it would be a waste of time trying to get you to see otherwise, judging from your responses, not just to me, but others.

I'm glad you have faith in them, I hope they never fail your belief.
The Foundation of all Desire
At FanFiction.net

KotFE: I find your lack of Theron disturbing...WHERE'S THERON SHAN?

Darth_Wicked
06.22.2014 , 08:29 PM | #187
Can't remember that ever being the case with lockboxes though... Or at the very least, to the extent that you see 10(!) pages with Lower Armor and only one with Supplementary and Upper ones.

And I did see this on both Red Eclipse and Progenitor.

ZETA_SCORPII
06.22.2014 , 08:31 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
People only see what they want to, and you want to see that they are just and wonderful and on the up and up, so it would be a waste of time trying to get you to see otherwise, judging from your responses, not just to me, but others.

I'm glad you have faith in them, I hope they never fail your belief.
My issue with this is that people feel wronged when they weren't. There are no RNG guidelines for packs so no one was wronged. This is the issue I have. Can you understand my point of view?

Darth_Wicked
06.22.2014 , 08:35 PM | #189
My issue with this is that people feel wronged when they weren't. There are no RNG guidelines for packs so no one was wronged. This is the issue I have. Can you understand my point of view?
Again, Eric already stated that the next pack will be more in line with the ones that preceded the Star Cluster pack.

He said that for a fairly OBVIOUS reason.

ZETA_SCORPII
06.22.2014 , 08:35 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Can't remember that ever being the case with lockboxes though... Or at the very least, to the extent that you see 10(!) pages with Lower Armor and only one with Supplementary and Upper ones.

And I did see this on both Red Eclipse and Progenitor.
The only thing I see on the Harbinger is the Tulak set is rare, everything else is within reason. Still, 1.5 for a rare helm or chest piece is cheap.