Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight
06.20.2014 , 01:25 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
I really cannot get my head around the way these people are just so dodgy about this whole affair. They truly do take us for utter mugs.

Why can we not have a definitive....this is what the prices for unlocks are going to be for the next pack? Do they think people are going to carry on spending real money on cyber goods indefinitely without them at least appearing to try to be up front and honest.
Well, an answer of "the next pack will be back to the regular drop rates and rarities" would have meant that they are exactly that, back the way they were.
An answer of "the next pack will be more in line with what you are used to in previous packs" could still mean that the droprates are changed by alot... just not as much as they were in this pack.
So it instills no trust with me at least. It still smells like they will be dodgy with the drop rates and unlock prices for the next pack.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Voemel
06.20.2014 , 01:25 PM | #92
Its PR, Marketing speak. Leave just enough room for plausible deniability. So if we get completely screwed again, they have wiggle room.

blindxsecrets
06.20.2014 , 01:29 PM | #93
I can't afford most of the tops or the rancor at the current prices....so astronomical....I wonder if these packs will ever come back?
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Click my referral you should, get free stuff....you will.

ThorgrimLutgen
06.20.2014 , 01:31 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well, an answer of "the next pack will be back to the regular drop rates and rarities" would have meant that they are exactly that, back the way they were.
An answer of "the next pack will be more in line with what you are used to in previous packs" could still mean that the droprates are changed by alot... just not as much as they were in this pack.
So it instills no trust with me at least. It still smells like they will be dodgy with the drop rates and unlock prices for the next pack.
Exactly. These people should run for politicians with the way they can answer questions without actually telling us anything.

ivanhedgehog
06.20.2014 , 01:31 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Voemel View Post
Its PR, Marketing speak. Leave just enough room for plausible deniability. So if we get completely screwed again, they have wiggle room.

they sound like lawyers...i hate lawyers..and I will never trust them

OddballEasyEight
06.20.2014 , 01:33 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by blindxsecrets View Post
I can't afford most of the tops or the rancor at the current prices....so astronomical....I wonder if these packs will ever come back?
It seems like this event will be a yearly one, and I'd assume that the packs will come back during the event.
But you can never know for sure.

What server are you on btw?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

NightEngine
06.20.2014 , 01:38 PM | #97
Nobody got screwed, no one is being taken for a mug, and Bioware were well within their rights as a business to do what they did as per the ToS that we all agreed to when we signed up. You did read it before you agreed to it, right?

This thread should be considered a showcase for entitlement and the bad attitudes that gamers have which helped to create the present toxicity of the big budget gaming industry. The very reason companies have poor customer service is because a very vocal minority cannot be pleased. For every forum warrior there are dozens of people playing the game who don't care.

And yes, you are a minority, or companies like EA wouldn't be so successful.
"My craft is death."
Darth Rubric, Sith Marauder

Nickious
06.20.2014 , 01:38 PM | #98
It wasn't there as I was drafting the post. But you are so kind to point it out.

You want to try for the rest of the questions too?
Nope. Got no comment on the rest of them. I was just pointing it out. I honestly don't really care what they do with their Cartel packs. I buy everything from the GTN or do without.

Andryah
06.20.2014 , 01:40 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
that is really something you could have explained and told players weeks ago instead of the day the packs went on embargo. You guys told us specifically with the First grand aquisitions pack and yet you kept silent for so long on this pack!?
Indeed.

There is a very important practice in the field of project management. It's called Change Management.. and when following best practices about product changes, expectations setting, etc...... YOU COMMUNICATE IN ADVANCE to set and manage expectations NOT after the fact.

In fact, given the diversity of the player base in terms of tastes, desires, and even culture.... YOU OVER COMMUNICATE. Which is not to say you tell us everything....but you tell us things we as players actually need to know...... like changes in drop rate mechanics, changes in unlock prices (particularly since tool tips in game are devoid of any insight as to what the unlock price is for something UNTIL you equip it to your account on a character), and scheduled embargo dates.

To Eric: with respect, and I understand you are the messenger on behalf of the devs ..... there have been too many miscommunications and lack of communications on things that frankly should be explicitly included in patch notes. This pack is a poster child example of how bad it can get when you make significant changes AND DO NOT COMMUNICATE THEM. You do not have do everything they way we as players desire....but Bioware does have to communicate in an accurate and timely manner IF you want players to trust you. It's not being done... and in this case players floundered with an issue for more then a week with no accurate insight as to "bug" or "working as intended". All of this could have been avoided if Bioware had simply communicated the differences about this Pack in advance. Then again.. you would have lost CM sales if you had.... so I get that there may in fact have been some passive aggressive marketing in action here.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

Andryah
06.20.2014 , 01:51 PM | #100
It is indeed. And while in most cases, on most days, in most MMO forums.... it's adequate....... given the hole they have dug in the good will of the players on this one means that they need to come clean on this one IMO. No marketing BS... no hedging.... just the straight honest truth.

Now, in leiu of the truth here... at least learn the lessons and put key information about changes to how pack contents are handled in terms of rarity of drop and collections price changes into patch notes.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin