Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mureyu
06.19.2014 , 12:35 PM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, ]it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.

I apologize for the confusion around this and I hope this clears things up!

TLDR Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric
Why???? The Bounty ones should be embargoed before the new ones!!

Darth_Wicked
06.19.2014 , 12:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mureyu View Post
Why???? The Bounty ones should be embargoed before the new ones!!
So that Bioware and EA can suck as much money as possible from people, seeing that everyone with a brain attuned to something other than "BW IZZZ G0D...1!!!11111!!!" has ascertained their game plan from a mile away.

Gating is a wonderful thing no doubt.

ninjonxb
06.19.2014 , 12:40 PM | #3
totally needed yet another thread when the other thread with the thing you quoted is still kicking >.>

Hoshkar
06.19.2014 , 12:41 PM | #4
2 hypercrates, no mounts, 1 chest, no helms, how many damn pink crystals, ugly dye, worthless GSF items , legs and boots does 1 person really need?!?!!!?

TheBBP
06.19.2014 , 12:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
2 hypercrates
What does it come out to? Around $50 per hypercrate? And you spent that much money for two of them for what are essentially grab bags?

Do people do this often? It is the most absurd thing that I have seen today. I'm not a gambler though.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Anzel
06.19.2014 , 01:06 PM | #6
They don't even have reputation items in them LOL. The gambling packs are becoming more and more pathetic with each patch.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

OddballEasyEight
06.19.2014 , 01:08 PM | #7
It's because of the outrage over the new unlock prices and drop rates.
This way they can bury this pack and pretend it never happened...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Hoshkar
06.19.2014 , 01:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
They don't even have reputation items in them LOL. The gambling packs are becoming more and more pathetic with each patch.
Main reason I only opened 2, one I just bought with extra credits I had... I refuse to even bother opening another pack from this new "set" for the complete lack of faction, and really really messed up "intended" drop rates...

DarthDymond
06.19.2014 , 01:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
It's because of the outrage over the new unlock prices and drop rates.
This way they can bury this pack and pretend it never happened...
I don't think so. The lack of a rep faction makes me think this was the actual plan (just one they never shared in advance).

The super-high collection prices actually make a sick sort of sense with this news, since all the items are that much rarer overall as a result of the packs being a sort of "limited edition".

Should have known something was up when they released packs that had this many cool armors, plus mounts like the Rancor and Walker. That'll teach me to think they were just upping their game.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Reno_Tarshil
06.19.2014 , 01:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I don't think so. The lack of a rep faction makes me think this was the actual plan (just one they never shared in advance).

The super-high collection prices actually make a sick sort of sense with this news, since all the items are that much rarer overall as a result of the packs being a sort of "limited edition".

Should have known something was up when they released packs that had this many cool armors, plus mounts like the Rancor and Walker. That'll teach me to think they were just upping their game.
I was uber excited for these 2 packs because of all the high quality things inside them,
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.