Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Totally Impressed with 50-55 content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Totally Impressed with 50-55 content

Loc_n_lol's Avatar


Loc_n_lol
06.19.2014 , 03:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Yea, I don't have 180 gear, not even close, so Ops is not even an option. I think im sporting 156 at best on my 55s at the moment.
156 is enough for TFB and S&V.
Couldn't hurt to start augmenting and to buy a prototype stim, but really, gear isn't an issue. Unless you're a tank, I guess.

But really, you're not supposed to be getting "ultimate" gear before you step into operations...

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
06.19.2014 , 08:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Yea, I don't have 180 gear, not even close, so Ops is not even an option. I think im sporting 156 at best on my 55s at the moment.
You don't need the 180 gear for ops. I don't know all the conversions but using the "now old" terms; 66 stuff should be fine and the 69 for sure is more than adequate for SM ops.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.19.2014 , 09:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
156 is enough for TFB and S&V.
Couldn't hurt to start augmenting and to buy a prototype stim, but really, gear isn't an issue. Unless you're a tank, I guess.

But really, you're not supposed to be getting "ultimate" gear before you step into operations...
Right, but I'm talking my gear is mostly crafted 148 blues with blue 28 crafted power augments, with the occasional 156 sprinkled in as I can get them. I'm lucky if I have dread guard relics.

...and I am not a pro player to boot. Not even close. So I do not belong in Ops...perhaps if I run dailies on Cz, Makeb and Ori long enough and get 156s across the board I can consider it. But I still think it's unlikely.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
06.20.2014 , 09:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Right, but I'm talking my gear is mostly crafted 148 blues with blue 28 crafted power augments, with the occasional 156 sprinkled in as I can get them. I'm lucky if I have dread guard relics.

...and I am not a pro player to boot. Not even close. So I do not belong in Ops...perhaps if I run dailies on Cz, Makeb and Ori long enough and get 156s across the board I can consider it. But I still think it's unlikely.
If your on ebon hawk, you more than welcome to join in any sm ops I do. You don't have to be that great a player, in fact there is no more mechanic issues ops than Czerka fashpoints. If you can push through those you are more than ready.
Don't short change yourself enjoy that stuff, IMO ops are just more people really and so not harder just more social
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Kremsau's Avatar


Kremsau
06.20.2014 , 10:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Don't short change yourself enjoy that stuff, IMO ops are just more people really and so not harder just more social
You'd be a rarity my friend. While I encourage the OP to start being adventurous and getting into ops, it's certainly an uphill, muddy struggle. Be prepared for people to call you out and be complete a-holes. The expectation in an op-group is you know your stuff. If you don't, be open right off the bat. Zero hesitation, "Hey guys, this is my first run through X"

I've had amazingly kind groups, and I've had groups kick people for having full 180 but not have the 168 set bonus. I got into them by being quiet and mimicking those with higher health (a quick indicator of gear quality). I'm a DPS which basically means kill the adds and avoid enemy aoe markers on the ground. If you're heals or tank, my heart goes out to you.
Harbinger:
Kremsau - 60 Sentinel & Ergus - 47 Vanguard
Kodamy - 60 Sniper & Maalis - 31 Sith Warrior