Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The best excuses people have given to leave after the weekly boss?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The best excuses people have given to leave after the weekly boss?

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
06.17.2014 , 05:34 PM | #11
I don't know about best but it's funny how everyone just happens to have a guild run lined up after the weekly....at 10 AM on a Monday.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
06.17.2014 , 05:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I don't know about best but it's funny how everyone just happens to have a guild run lined up after the weekly....at 10 AM on a Monday.
Odd day of the week to run a weekly, one might gather.

scratcha's Avatar


scratcha
06.17.2014 , 05:59 PM | #13
"It's the kids' bedtime and I promised to read to them."

"Gotta go out for a smoke."

"My mom is screaming at me to go to bed."


But twice I've had to leave groups at untimely points ...

The tornado sirens began sounding while we were killing the first boss. By the time we were done, nickel-sized hail was beating against my window and midday had turned to night. Not sure if anyone believed me. Coincidentally, several houses, a convenience store, and a coffeeshop were flattened about a mile from my house.

Upon commencing the first boss periodic waves of dizzying pain began rolling through my lower G.I. tract, likely caused by the burrito and refrieds I'd consumed for dinner. I held out (barely) until the boss was felled, then begged off claiming a case of 'food poisoning,' which I'm sure no one believed.

Moral: sometimes shyte does happen.

Toweleeeie's Avatar


Toweleeeie
06.17.2014 , 10:25 PM | #14
Why do full runs on TFB and SnV? They are so needlessly long specifically SnV. In my experience it's noob groups wanting a full run.

I usually just bail with a ty all!
I like turtles

Cypherz's Avatar


Cypherz
06.18.2014 , 12:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by scratcha View Post
"It's the kids' bedtime and I promised to read to them."

"Gotta go out for a smoke."

"My mom is screaming at me to go to bed."


But twice I've had to leave groups at untimely points ...

The tornado sirens began sounding while we were killing the first boss. By the time we were done, nickel-sized hail was beating against my window and midday had turned to night. Not sure if anyone believed me. Coincidentally, several houses, a convenience store, and a coffeeshop were flattened about a mile from my house.

Upon commencing the first boss periodic waves of dizzying pain began rolling through my lower G.I. tract, likely caused by the burrito and refrieds I'd consumed for dinner. I held out (barely) until the boss was felled, then begged off claiming a case of 'food poisoning,' which I'm sure no one believed.

Moral: sometimes shyte does happen.
The point isn't whether it was true or not, the point is how far fetched it could possibly sound

I had one guy immediately after Thrasher say, "My grandmother died. Her funeral is suddenly." Wasn't sure what to make of that one.
Darkis - Powertech - Animosity
Harbinger

Obviousenuendo's Avatar


Obviousenuendo
06.18.2014 , 12:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
Why do full runs on TFB and SnV? They are so needlessly long specifically SnV. In my experience it's noob groups wanting a full run.

I usually just bail with a ty all!
people like you are the reason that damn SnV quest that isn't repeatable sits in my log.

at least I was lucky enough to find a group doing the full nightmare op, (I don't remember what its called but it has a huge tentacle boss in the danger zone.) I can't stand those story quests eating at me as they stay un-finished, same with he shroud guy.

dscount's Avatar


dscount
06.18.2014 , 12:33 AM | #17
My favorite still remains "Total BS in my mind"...

Right after Boss goes down.... "GOTTA GO.. my dog just **** on my baby."
(Dude pops to fleet and hangs for a couple minutes - THEN logs out a couple minutes later)
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

MWidowmaker's Avatar


MWidowmaker
06.18.2014 , 12:39 AM | #18
i got a "my house is burning down once"
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Sithwallker's Avatar


Sithwallker
06.18.2014 , 12:46 AM | #19
My top two are "I have to go, I have water overflowing out of my toilet" and I have to go milk my cat". At which point I whispered him before he logged and asked "I have ******s, could you milk me"? To which I got no response. LOL.
Jedi Covenant Server

Republic - Pak'Tii / Storem / Vimdin / Aimylla
Imperial - Skiilar / Aillya / Jagaro / Kreyya

JouerTue's Avatar


JouerTue
06.18.2014 , 01:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
Why do full runs on TFB and SnV? They are so needlessly long specifically SnV. In my experience it's noob groups wanting a full run.

I usually just bail with a ty all!
well i've a lot of chars..means a lot of MMGs , means a lot of credits. and before GF bs comms reward for a SnV run was definetly good.

on topic i love when the sudden guild run if for a zero achievment/30k hp dps:<<gotta go HM>>.

i heard the waters breaking too.. and don't forget the fake DC: alt-F4 , log an alt
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr