Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Adding a tactical medpac in Kuat Drive Yards


armyofdark's Avatar


armyofdark
06.17.2014 , 08:12 AM | #1
So last night I was doing a low level run of KDY with a group of all DPS and was losing health as being a low level I only had one of the low level medpacs. Which really does nothing at all to heal you since we are bolstered to have higher health. So my Idea is the following.

1. Create a tactical medpac that you can buy inside the instance from the droid.
a. Which would have the same healing as the optimized medpac.

2. Making it only usable in the KDY flashpoint.
b. This would work like the pvp medpac which only works in pvp match's.

3. Make it bound.

Loc_n_lol's Avatar


Loc_n_lol
06.17.2014 , 08:36 AM | #2
Would probably be easier to copy warzone medpacks, but yes, good idea.

EranofArcadia's Avatar


EranofArcadia
06.17.2014 , 11:26 AM | #3
Neat idea. +1 from me.

Levram's Avatar


Levram
06.17.2014 , 11:39 AM | #4
That is a well structured idea for a problem I hadn't thought of.

+1
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

venomlash's Avatar


venomlash
06.17.2014 , 01:04 PM | #5
Sure, let's make KDY even more ridiculously easy. The Kuat Academy of Window-Licking can't possibly produce any worse level 55s than it already has! Sure is ironic that "tactical flashpoints" are the only ones that don't require any tactics.
/signed in despair

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
06.17.2014 , 01:15 PM | #6
I leveled my Powertech doing KDYs. Needless to say, I did a LOT of them.
Only once did I ever run into a group that really needed more healing than what the med stations offer and that was because the...hm... "tank" assassin that we had with us was only using saber strike... again...and again...

Let's try not to make every piece of content ridiculously easy, shall we?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
06.17.2014 , 05:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I leveled my Powertech doing KDYs. Needless to say, I did a LOT of them.
Only once did I ever run into a group that really needed more healing than what the med stations offer and that was because the...hm... "tank" assassin that we had with us was only using saber strike... again...and again...

Let's try not to make every piece of content ridiculously easy, shall we?
Don't use them then. Then you can brag about how you didn't use medpacks while leveling in KDY, people will be impressed.

This is a nice idea.

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
06.17.2014 , 06:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Sure, let's make KDY even more ridiculously easy. The Kuat Academy of Window-Licking can't possibly produce any worse level 55s than it already has! Sure is ironic that "tactical flashpoints" are the only ones that don't require any tactics.
/signed in despair
Proper use of medpacks, and their timing, is a skill that should be learned. Why is it invalid to implement this idea, but its ok to use warzone medpacks in a 4 v 4 arena where you are all dps toons on your side?

armyofdark's Avatar


armyofdark
06.17.2014 , 08:19 PM | #9
The problem is for example when you are using a standard-issue medpac that heals you for 900 at level 16 and your health is bolstered to 25k it defeats the purpose of using it cause it doesn't really heal you. Plus the kolto stations are only on the boss fight at the very end not thru out the flashpoint.

Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
06.17.2014 , 09:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Proper use of medpacks, and their timing, is a skill that should be learned. Why is it invalid to implement this idea, but its ok to use warzone medpacks in a 4 v 4 arena where you are all dps toons on your side?
1) KDY teaches NOTHING about playing the game. The idea of it teaching good medpack use is absurd. Nobody should need a medpack in KDY (but the medstations are only on the bosses! really? you need a medpack for the freakin' TRASH??!?!)

2) 4 v 4 arenas can actually be challenging (and usually are). KDY is challenging if you blindfold yourself and tie one hand behind your back.

I still think the OP has a good idea, although I also agree with Venomlash and am thoroughly dismayed that anyone needs to make KDY any easier. More moronic 55s who have no idea how to play the game, please!