Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About time.....

Anaesha
06.17.2014 , 08:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Yes, BioWare - majority of your players are PvPers!
I'm so glad you THINK you know me so well to assume I'm a PVPer. I infact don't PVP, have never done PVP in TOR, and have no intention of ever doing PVP in TOR.

Don't make statements like the "Majority of players are PVPers" if you can't back up said statement with hard evidence to prove it.

Joesixxpack
06.17.2014 , 09:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
I'm so glad you THINK you know me so well to assume I'm a PVPer. I infact don't PVP, have never done PVP in TOR, and have no intention of ever doing PVP in TOR.

Don't make statements like the "Majority of players are PVPers" if you can't back up said statement with hard evidence to prove it.
Maybe they're right and you're in the minority. Maybe they're wrong. Who cares? Not one player posting here has enough of a clue to say for certain but it's apparent at least a lot PVP full-time, part-time, or whenever they feel like it.

The issue is what TUX said. Content is dragged out. It gives the appearance of plugging stuff in to meet cadence commitments whether it's substantial enough to keep bread and butter content lovers engaged or not. No I'm not complaining about housing or anything else instead of a new Op or PVP content. Rather, about the overall sense of things. It's super-casual time, including casual development.

AlienEyeTX
06.17.2014 , 09:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Cross server queues doesn't fix anything though...the REAL reason for long queues is a dwindling population. Until that's addressed, cross server queues are a waste of time.

We're in the midst's of a severe content drought...and by that I mean Ops, WZ's, FPs that aren't "tactical", Story...they've neglected the things people played for, to add things people didn't (Arenas. GSF GSH). Rolling GSF and GSH out over 3 "updates" was a TERRIBLE decision.

So...as much as I'd like cross server queues, it does nothing to address the cause of the long queue times.
Cross server wouldn't help much for PvE, but it would work great for PvP. For unranked, anyway. Just need bodies for WZs, no concern about role.

That being stated, I do not actually support the call for this. Too much effort for too little value.
Be a lamb and click on this referral link, would you? You get free stuff and I get free stuff. Nothing to lose.

TUXs
06.17.2014 , 09:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Saying that people didn't ask for something such as Housing or GSF feels like an inaccuracy.
Careful...I didn't say people didn't ask FOR them, I said they weren't playing because of them (because they hadn't existed).
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs
06.17.2014 , 09:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Cross server wouldn't help much for PvE, but it would work great for PvP. For unranked, anyway. Just need bodies for WZs, no concern about role.

That being stated, I do not actually support the call for this. Too much effort for too little value.
For how long though? Until the bleeding stops? It's a bandaid fix to the issue of diminishing players. Unless they address the reasons people are leaving, it's a temporary fix only.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Bombbuster
06.17.2014 , 11:22 AM | #16
Cross server cues for both PvP and PvE are a great idea. Unfortunately I doubt EA/Bioware's servers could handle the load, since they couldn't even handle the additional load from simply changing the GF cue from 8 to 16.

EA seems to be allocating less and less financial resources to this game, so I wouldn't expect any improvements that require additional resources.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.