Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What use is the Legacy family tree?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What use is the Legacy family tree?

DoctorBeckett
06.16.2014 , 09:03 AM | #1
I don't see any practical use for it... Does anyone still use this?
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
Hawke's Flight/Hawke's Nest Guild Site

TUXs
06.16.2014 , 09:04 AM | #2
There is none.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Kantaso
06.16.2014 , 09:06 AM | #3
To your sig OP 99% of those that announce they are quitting just desire for someone to convince them of not doing so.

To your topic, maybe bragging rights?
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Rankyn
06.16.2014 , 09:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
There is none.
Pretty much this.
It limits connections in any meaningful way so even as a tool to just map things out in your own mind, it fails.

I consider it one of the failed/abandoned things of the Legacy system and just ignore it.

TUXs
06.16.2014 , 09:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantaso View Post
To your topic, maybe bragging rights?
How can anyone possibly "brag" about something absolutely impossible for anyone else to see?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

scarlet_magpie
06.16.2014 , 09:30 AM | #6
It's use is "fun". That's all. A concept I applaud.

OddballEasyEight
06.16.2014 , 09:30 AM | #7
I use it to keep track of my active characters.
Any characters I don't currently actively use are left out of the tree... the others are in there as "allies" or whatever.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

NightEngine
06.16.2014 , 09:33 AM | #8
I was told that the family tree enables you to send items cross-faction to your other characters on the tree. For instance, Imperial characters can send items to Republic characters as long as they're on the family tree.

This isn't true?
"My craft is death."
Darth Rubric, Sith Marauder

wainot-keel
06.16.2014 , 09:39 AM | #9
I use it when I sometimes I mail stuff to an alt I'm not sure how the name is spelled (usually on the other faction)

Savej
06.16.2014 , 09:41 AM | #10
my main knight is married to Kira has a son who is also married to Kira... "fun" indeed.