Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative / Scoundrel Top 3 Answers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Operative / Scoundrel Top 3 Answers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.17.2014 , 02:53 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post
The set bonus commentary has me depressed honestly. They've been so bad for TWO YEARS and it's just clear BW think that's ok. Our raw dps/hps being in a good place is not an acceptable answer. Set bonuses don't have to buff those. Of the set bonuses anyone cares about (the 2-sets) half of them are survivability for gods sake.
Simple enough. They swap the 4 set and 2 set bonuses for dps.

Or take off x% damage and put it on the set bonus for no meaningful change but it keeps set bonus complaints down.

Or they spend their time on something useful.


Look on the bright side. When you're gearing up it doesn't cause drama if you have to choose between blank armourings or staying on a lower tier set bonus piece. Unlike some set bonuses I can think of.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Adovir's Avatar


Adovir
06.17.2014 , 05:52 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Simple enough. They swap the 4 set and 2 set bonuses for dps.

Or take off x% damage and put it on the set bonus for no meaningful change but it keeps set bonus complaints down.

Or they spend their time on something useful.


Look on the bright side. When you're gearing up it doesn't cause drama if you have to choose between blank armourings or staying on a lower tier set bonus piece. Unlike some set bonuses I can think of.
And how does this help anything?
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

kvandertulip's Avatar


kvandertulip
06.17.2014 , 06:35 AM | #33
The idea that giving +5 energy as a 4-piece set bonus when other classes are getting +10% damage or +15% crit is ridiculous. Scoundrel damage is not ahead of most of the classes that have significantly better bonuses especially in pvp. That answer was a total cop-out. The fact that not a single set bonus has been changed since 2.0 leads me to believe that they just don't have the resources to change them or just can't be bothered. I fully expect them to leave the broken gunslinger 4-piece pvp bonus unchanged as well.

As to the pvp question, that answer was worse than the heal-to-full in my opinion. I really can't believe they are actually telling people to just play heals.

The best way to improve Dirty Fighting in my opinion is to give a short window of knockback protection. The set up for your burst in this spec is very long and if your burst is constantly being interrupted with knockbacks your damage is reduced to nothing but dot damage. My suggestion would be to give 3 seconds of knockback/root immunity after an Unfair Advantage proc, make the proc 100%, and bump the ICD up to 12 seconds.
Wiseposterior - Gunslinger
Likewise - Scoundrel
Wiseglutes - Sage
Otherwise - Guardian
<The Cleverlynamed Legacy>

BobaFaceroll's Avatar


BobaFaceroll
06.17.2014 , 08:30 AM | #34
No surprises in those answers. Thanks to Snave and everyone that actually gave thoughtful feedback and tried to frame useful questions. Don't be too disappointed, it is what it is.

General: Stop wasting time asking for changes to set bonuses. They know ours are worthless, they've know this for a long time, and they've had suggestions for better alternatives for a long time. People have asked literally for years for something (anything) besides +5 Energy as a 4 set. They're still worthless, which should tell you something. It's not going to change as there just isn't enough dev time to make changing these a priority. Working set bonuses, even terrible ones, will stay in place and work will be done on other things.

Lethality: You can suggest changes to Lethality but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything major. The tree has felt clunky since its initial release. Despite some positive improvements over time the core mechanics remain the same. Other than something simple like a 100% proc chance on Fatality I wouldn't expect any changes. Luckily I think that would be enough of a QoL change (and a little DPS bump) so I'd be happy with that.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.17.2014 , 08:33 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Adovir View Post
And how does this help anything?
Q: We want set bonuses to do something

A: Damage and healing is already top end, no boosts needed to set bonuses.

It's a complete waste of time to demand to be gimped by having part of your damage/healing rely on having a 4 set bonus.

There is a separate issue which people are trying to blur into it of wanting special effects but set bonuses are not a place for unique abilities to be unlocked.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Adovir's Avatar


Adovir
06.17.2014 , 09:10 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Q: We want set bonuses to do something

A: Damage and healing is already top end, no boosts needed to set bonuses.

It's a complete waste of time to demand to be gimped by having part of your damage/healing rely on having a 4 set bonus.

There is a separate issue which people are trying to blur into it of wanting special effects but set bonuses are not a place for unique abilities to be unlocked.
We aren't asking for damage. We want defense. We want our 4set to be useful and hey our 4 set is useless and we want defense maybe you can put 2&2 together.
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
06.17.2014 , 09:26 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Reliably leaving combat after a precise amount of time is a problem that has plagued stealth classes for a while now, but hopefully we can fix the issue or find a much more reliable way of dropping combat in PvP.
You really should consider moving away from the "combat = no stealth" design.

Of course that it's not that simply done, you'd likely have to think of new modalities for stealth, and probably to take some measures for DoT/HoT specs (Shadow's/Assassins' Balance/Madness included), but at least it would have the merit to not deny players their core mechanic because of something they do not have any control over.

johnatters's Avatar


johnatters
06.17.2014 , 09:38 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
You really should consider moving away from the "combat = no stealth" design.

Of course that it's not that simply done, you'd likely have to think of new modalities for stealth, and probably to take some measures for DoT/HoT specs (Shadow's/Assassins' Balance/Madness included), but at least it would have the merit to not deny players their core mechanic because of something they do not have any control over.
This would be a game changer. I'd be content with being squishy if I could disappear more...
Sek

Adovir's Avatar


Adovir
06.17.2014 , 09:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
You really should consider moving away from the "combat = no stealth" design.

Of course that it's not that simply done, you'd likely have to think of new modalities for stealth, and probably to take some measures for DoT/HoT specs (Shadow's/Assassins' Balance/Madness included), but at least it would have the merit to not deny players their core mechanic because of something they do not have any control over.
Now that I think about it what if it is a fix as simple as adding in a "if, then" statement to the stealth design, "if player has not engaged in combat for X seconds then stealth is useable" dots will affect this so specs like madness&lethality, the two specs that do not really benefit from stealth will not be able to constantly restealth while concealment and deception, the two which benefit from stealth, would be able to go in and out more frequently. This wouldn't really break deception either because it won't exit you from combat so recklessness won't constantly be off of CD, this would help decept in PVE btw because of fights that have delays in it there is the ability to restealth and get the dark embrace buff. But that's all abit off topic
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.17.2014 , 10:25 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Adovir View Post
We aren't asking for damage. We want defense. We want our 4set to be useful and hey our 4 set is useless and we want defense maybe you can put 2&2 together.
Special abilities do not belong on a set bonus.

No set bonus anywhere causes a sudden and dramatic change in your defences. Not even 4 set bonus for assassins which is flat 2% damage reduction.

They've only ever been slight changes to abilities we already have.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN