Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NIM DP Mechanics bleeding through to SM+M

Woodynz
06.15.2014 , 09:56 PM | #1
As per the title, NIM mechanics are Currently Bleeding though to SM + HM Dread Palace.

This is nothing new as it has been a problem every time an Operation as gained NIM difficulty.

Just though I would post this up as I currently haven't seen it listed anywhere.

SnickerJew
06.15.2014 , 09:58 PM | #2
Curiosity, what in particular is happening in SM that were not present previously? I haven't tried them in SM since 2.8 dropped.

Kryand
06.15.2014 , 10:06 PM | #3
Blew through DP HM just last night. There were no NiM mechanics present on any fight. No idea about SM. What specifically is the problem?
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral

bluecheesebandit
06.15.2014 , 10:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
Blew through DP HM just last night. There were no NiM mechanics present on any fight. No idea about SM. What specifically is the problem?
I have noticed in two separate runs of DP HM that in Calphayus in the first future phase, where the add needs to be killed before getting his 20 second mass affliction cast off that the future Calphayus in that phase deals a lot more damage than it did before 2.8. I don't have a parse or video to back this up, but I assure you that he is dealing more damage. This does not however break the operation, just the healer and tank in that phase need to drink a little more coffee before going in there now. My raid group (a raid group not quite yet ready for NiM DF/DP) still had no issues with it, but a newer group will definitely need to send their better tank, healer, and dps "right left right" on this fight.

This change, thankfully, is somewhat trivial.
Begeren Colony <Dark Hunters>

Saenth
06.16.2014 , 12:00 AM | #5
I don't really understand this since that phase has next to no healing in NiM either.
The Tazim Legacy
Ametha | Rauløs | Rislan | Drazek | Zivota
Zorz - The Harbinger (US)

Levram
06.16.2014 , 12:13 AM | #6
Calphayus has always hit like a truck in hard mode whenever he's in the present and in the first Orange (future) phase.

It's nothing that can't be reasonably tanked and healed, but if your team isn't ready for it, it's pretty easy to get caught off guard.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

Terro_Fett
06.16.2014 , 03:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bluecheesebandit View Post
Calphayus in that phase deals a lot more damage than it did before 2.8. I don't have a parse or video to back this up, but I assure you that he is dealing more damage.
And Onyxia now deep breaths more often! No, DP is unchanged, at least in HM. Did a clear Friday to gear up some new raiders and it was same old, same old.

Michka
06.16.2014 , 07:54 AM | #8
I did it in story mode yesterday and it's the same as it always is, no nightmare mechanics there.
SIDOROV LEGACY
SORVALI.operative ++ DARQKLAW.mercenary ++ KHARAMAZOV.sorceror
STEELCLAW.scoundrel ++ DOMITROVICH.vanguard ++ ASTRALCLAW.shadow
<Zorz> <Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Woodynz
06.16.2014 , 08:04 AM | #9
One of the Mechanic changes we saw bleeding through is Brontes soft enrages @~30% growing in size and then starts firing off consecutive knockbacks, if second tank does not taunt, double knock backs will send you to your death, even then you have to get back quick to re-taunt.

This wasn't a solid bleed through as sometimes Brontes works as intended, but it certainly will make you pay attention. Overcharged Beam or Consecutive Knock Backs.

We did Identify a few other changes bleeding through, but discovery is all the fun.

Hopefully folks will see the light hearted fun to be had and not turn this into a QQ fest; my intention is to merely notify or provide a simple friendly heads up.

Jerba
06.16.2014 , 08:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Woodynz View Post
One of the Mechanic changes we saw bleeding through is Brontes soft enrages @~30% growing in size and then starts firing off consecutive knockbacks, if second tank does not taunt, double knock backs will send you to your death, even then you have to get back quick to re-taunt.

This wasn't a solid bleed through as sometimes Brontes works as intended, but it certainly will make you pay attention. Overcharged Beam or Consecutive Knock Backs.
Pretty sure you forgot to pick up Brontes' crystal from his throne before pushing him below 30%. If you do that, he won't enrage. It has been this way since DP came out.
Scoundrel healer and vanity pet collector on T3-M4. Some of my reports of as of yet unfixed bugs:
FlyText - Minimap lit up - Wardrobe - Friends count - Custom chat channels - Soa boss fight - Vanity pets