Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF strike night - mondays?

Danylia
06.18.2014 , 02:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Urien View Post
But unfortunately I don't think anything could convince the regular "top" Imperial GSFers on our server to switch out of their beloved Gunships & Bombers.
This was indeed uncalled for. Yes, there are matches where one side is Gunship/Bomber heavy, but it's hardly a thing of one faction (I wish I would take some screenshots to demonstrate what team compositions were we - Imperials - facing yesterday). And yes, there are veterans who fly Gunship or Bomber 95%+ of the time - but again, they can be found in both factions.

The truth is, if you want to organize something like Strike Fighter night (which I fully support) you want more veterans to attend, not less. Veterans are more likely to go for the idea and stick with it (even when losing) than newbies and random PuGs. As for the Premade night idea, I'm all up for it - it may just be more difficult to organize.

EDIT: One picture for illustration. This is what some of your Republic comrades brought to an unbalanced TDM wargame. What do you think they would do when matched against Imperials who can actually fight back?
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSalamander View Post
Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.

Firaxis_Amn
06.18.2014 , 09:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Urien View Post
Not even half as amazed as I'd be if I saw your pals outside of a Gunship or a Bomber. Nor half as glad, because if I don't see a wall of Gunships, then I don't feel forced to bring out my Flashfire in order to counter them. ;-)
I guess I am one of those pals you refer to, Kessler. I fly with Firedemon a lot in the same squadron and my main ships are strike fighters in Death matches and use those always for competetive games. In domination matches (competetive) I usually end up with a bomber but that is just how it goes. I see a couple of bombers on rep side...then counter that to even the odds out. I can't see that the imp side is worse than rep side when it comes to using GS and bombers...we are basically the same. Look up facts!

I also would enjoy a concept like "SF Monday" also but it seems hard to communicate that to all pilots out there.

jankiel
06.19.2014 , 04:18 PM | #13
I'll just leave this here

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2e1hgg2.jpg
Lord Coris -The Progenitor

Urien
06.19.2014 , 10:04 PM | #14
I think I'm one of the people on there

Fortunately in a Strike, though :3

That is indeed a bit ridiculous though 5+ Bombers is taking the mickey, no matter who does it. I guess I hadn't paid as much attention to what my own team is flying. In future I will, and appropriately castigate those who overdo the Cheese like that. Even though they'll probably just ignore me, like everyone does :P

Definitely wasn't an FEF premade though, we have to actually bully people into bringing Bombers or Gunships, just to have a single one of them to support the team. More than two or three together on a team, though? That's when the metagame of a match starts collapsing and implodes into a singularity of pure faceroll. Anybody who likes and wants Gudfites should want to avoid that.

Sorry you had to suffer a game like that :-(
Republic Navy Starfighter Corps
- Lt. Zarius KESSLER
Red Squadron Leader, RSS Gav Daragon
First Expeditionary Fleet

Storm-Cutter
06.23.2014 , 04:22 AM | #15
EDIT :

I only could mke 2 games last night around 7.30 BST for 1 loss (Denon X 1000/~650) 1 win (Kuat M) 2nd game was 4 imp gunship + 2 bomber - but a win for the Republic strikes nonetheless. Yay! -Daily done & strike Req boosted so a short but fun time. Big THX to everyone who was out there. - I can't wait for next Monday and level my Imp strikes as well.
-Keep Flyin'
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storm Cutter.

Danylia
06.24.2014 , 12:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
EDIT :

I only could mke 2 games last night around 7.30 BST for 1 loss (Denon X 1000/~650) 1 win (Kuat M) 2nd game was 4 imp gunship + 2 bomber - but a win for the Republic strikes nonetheless. Yay! -Daily done & strike Req boosted so a short but fun time. Big THX to everyone who was out there. - I can't wait for next Monday and level my Imp strikes as well.
-Keep Flyin'
Tried it yesterday in timespan roughly between 7.00 - 9.00 CET. No chance. The very first game was closest to an actual Strike Fighter night, sadly two Republic "veterans" brought their maxed out Flashfires into the mix which sort of defeated the idea. The remaining games were typical mix of Scouts, Gunships and Bombers (on both sides I should add) with odd Strike here and there. I tried to remind people about the Strike night in Ops chat before spawn - no reply, no reaction. To sum it up, as I said earlier in this thread - it's a good idea, but difficult to realize with all the solo wannabe "aces" around.
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSalamander View Post
Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.

Storm-Cutter
06.24.2014 , 06:07 AM | #17
Well it isn't mandatory, just a chance for new people to give GSF a try and be slightly more evenly matched. - I didn't even fly my mastered strikes or change to my favourite scouts when we were losing. - But I guess that some people didn't realise or didn't care. - There are plenty more mondays to go - I want to be upbeat about it - Keep spreading the word!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storm Cutter.

jankiel
06.30.2014 , 01:10 PM | #18
Soooo are we on tonight?
Lord Coris -The Progenitor