Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post if you got a Rancor for less than 500k

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Post if you got a Rancor for less than 500k

JediMasterSLC
06.20.2014 , 05:14 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Not at all.

Dislike for EA largely comes from mismanagement of a number of IPs and studios they acquired in the past. Not to mention their tendency towards monopolistic practices(although by now most of the people who "hate" EA seem to have no idea why they hate EA, or even the reasons that people started hating EA in the first place; it seems to be more a matter of fashion than actually a perception of having been wronged personally in the past). Micro-transactions are not at all EA's claim to fame, if anything they're a bit of a latecomer to both that and dlc.

Also, wildly acclaimed games such as LoL employ both microtransactions and elements of p2win. Surprising as it may be, the "silent majority" seems more than willing to put up with both p2win structures and microtransactions.
I play LoL- it is not P2W. Hearthstone is P2W. MOBAs are not.

Sangrar
06.20.2014 , 05:16 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
and yet some people claim this game is p2w over armor and mounts so...
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Vandicus
06.20.2014 , 06:00 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Idk how it is now, but back when I used to play LoL new heroes accessible only through RP would typically be more powerful than currently available ones. They'd usually nerf them not too long after, but still, people were paying for an advantage. Same thing happened in HoN.

The ability to access certain heroes to form team compositions is an advantage in itself(though admittedly how power scaled into late game is a lot more homogeneous across heroes in LoL than dota).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Logod
06.20.2014 , 08:10 PM | #74
pretty sure i did it all in less than 500k only thing i didnt get was blown up so i have to go back and try for that lol

JediMasterSLC
06.20.2014 , 09:41 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Idk how it is now, but back when I used to play LoL new heroes accessible only through RP would typically be more powerful than currently available ones. They'd usually nerf them not too long after, but still, people were paying for an advantage. Same thing happened in HoN.

The ability to access certain heroes to form team compositions is an advantage in itself(though admittedly how power scaled into late game is a lot more homogeneous across heroes in LoL than dota).
I've been playing for 3 years, and there have never been champs accessible only through RP/real money. Newer champs cost more IP than older ones, but never more than 6300.