Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is the PvP?

Azurestone
06.18.2014 , 09:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lawlzeys View Post
Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.
I like PVP here because of players like you. I like players like you. PVP is no fun without you.

Lemmis
06.18.2014 , 12:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonNH View Post
I tend to disagree. You aren't getting better PvP. You are playing with the same players after all, they just happen to be on the other side. You are getting easier PvP and more wins, and perhaps that is what better means to you, but if balanced, competitive PvP is what you're after, it can be argued that this kind of behavior is just part of the problem rather than the solution. It's understandable, I don't like losing my way through my daily either. Still, I find it unfortunate to wholly give up playing on a faction entirely. The typical responses you listed after giving advice are not unique to republic players, you'll get that on either side. You probably just find yourself seeing it more often on the republic side because there are fewer premades, and hence, more losses and frustration.
Nah, the republic is most certainly more ******. Even those you consider "pugs", pub side is still playable; if you are very patient. You get good games occasionally. But over all imp has vastly superior players, because everyone re-rolled. All the people left on pub are basically content with losing.
Pete

Rhyn
06.18.2014 , 04:38 PM | #23
Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.
I just came from a PvP server and there are a few reasons why I left. The biggest is the extremely polarizing personalities on the server, and the constant elitist attitude from the majority of PvPers on the server which most straight suck. Sad thing is most of them have no idea they arent very good, and they are not open to any suggestion or help what so ever. There is an ever growing group of people that go out of their way to hurt you rating and as much of your gaming enjoyment as they can and Im just tired of them kind of people.

The other reason I left is I feel I have ignored a large part of the PvE aspect of the game by PvPing so much. I feel, and I may be wrong, that I will find better quality people who actually enjoy star wars and may just show me a part of gaming that I have never been a part of or participated in.

So I would disagree with your statement. If I wanted to farm baddies I would have just rolled imp on my old server with the rest of the people who despise a challenge and want everything that comes easy. The fact that I want more out of my gaming experience seems to indicate there is a bit more to me than just someone with flawed character traits.
Rn

<Regulators>

xMaranathax
06.18.2014 , 08:56 PM | #24

Can you also explain why PvP server communities are dwindling, and many are coming to TEH for PvP? Please also, add some icky brown matter to your post like this one too. I enjoyed it. Also, by this logic, no one should PvE nor PvP, nor do anything other than RP. **** it guys. Let's just sit in the cantina and ERP all night long...

Seriously tho...TEH has become known for its PvP community as well as its RP. Can't say much about the PvE side of things. I have talked to many transferred players, many saying they come from either pot5 or Bastion. I've played on both of them myself, and I can assure you, we have better PvP. Perhaps not better skilled players, but at least we here play objectively. I remember a huttball match on pot5 once. It took 10 minutes for anyone to touch the ball.

Edit: Previous poster is prime example.

Talyc'jatne
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Moontayle
06.19.2014 , 01:02 PM | #25
Many people who went over to a PvP server when transfers first opened up eventually came back. I'm one of them (but my heart was never really into it). Basically I found that individual play was pretty good, the variety of players was excellent (you really didn't see the same people constantly), but objective play was horrendous. The guy above me talking about how it took ten minutes before anyone touched the ball? Pretty much par for the course. I saw a Civil War where both teams went to mid and just duked it out. I even saw a guy get yelled at for grabbing an objective.

I came back to TEH because I liked the environment better. There's enough top level players here to make life interesting, and I'd put them up against the best that any PvP server had to offer any day of the week. My only real complaint is that there's not people willing to lend a helping hand to those who might not know better, or those who actually do need the help aren't willing to accept advice.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

johnatters
06.19.2014 , 01:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by moontayle View Post
or those who actually do need the help aren't willing to accept advice.
This.

WeadonismyMaster
06.19.2014 , 01:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Moontayle View Post
Many people who went over to a PvP server when transfers first opened up eventually came back. I'm one of them (but my heart was never really into it). Basically I found that individual play was pretty good, the variety of players was excellent (you really didn't see the same people constantly), but objective play was horrendous. The guy above me talking about how it took ten minutes before anyone touched the ball? Pretty much par for the course. I saw a Civil War where both teams went to mid and just duked it out. I even saw a guy get yelled at for grabbing an objective.

I came back to TEH because I liked the environment better. There's enough top level players here to make life interesting, and I'd put them up against the best that any PvP server had to offer any day of the week. My only real complaint is that there's not people willing to lend a helping hand to those who might not know better, or those who actually do need the help aren't willing to accept advice.
Wow, thanks for sharing. I never made the jump so never quite sure what life is like on one of the 'big PVP' servers.

For the most part TEH has a solid set of people in the main PVP guilds. There are a few personality conflicts but those are by far the exception, and most folks have actually been in a guild together or someone they know on both factions. That subset of players competing with or against one another since launch on Ebon Hawk is why I have been able to continue playing well past when I lost all interest in PVE.

Lawlzeys
06.19.2014 , 09:05 PM | #28
Is pot5 really lightly populated? By just numbers yes! However you failed to look at the bigger picture. It is often stated TEH has the highest overall population, and it seem it's either 1 or 2, but at least 1/3 of the people here really just rp. That's all they do, they don't queue for stuff, they just rp. That takes a huge slice out of your pie, from that think of the people who casually queue and rp, Those who run ops and rp but never pvp, those who just pve...and on and on. That makes your effective PVP population lower than PVP servers.

Also as I mentioned before if you want to be competitive and do ranked etc, a pvp server would be much better, as if you just want to PVP you should not try to just farm rp'ers but go and try to be good in the best place. Read PVP posts They like to farm noobs and baddies.

Moontayle
06.20.2014 , 08:06 AM | #29
You never met Dash'to. Heavy RPer but also one of the best Merc Healers, hell one of the best PvP players to run on Ebon Hawk. He won the Battle Royale that was held at one point, I think it was last year.

Participating in one activity doesn't preclude participation in others.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

TheCourier-
06.20.2014 , 10:16 AM | #30
Is pot5 really lightly populated? By just numbers yes! However you failed to look at the bigger picture. It is often stated TEH has the highest overall population, and it seem it's either 1 or 2, but at least 1/3 of the people here really just rp. That's all they do, they don't queue for stuff, they just rp. That takes a huge slice out of your pie, from that think of the people who casually queue and rp, Those who run ops and rp but never pvp, those who just pve...and on and on. That makes your effective PVP population lower than PVP servers.

Also as I mentioned before if you want to be competitive and do ranked etc, a pvp server would be much better, as if you just want to PVP you should not try to just farm rp'ers but go and try to be good in the best place. Read PVP posts They like to farm noobs and baddies.
Pot5 has a lot of PVEers, way more than what would be expected for a PVP server. Pot5 is about half PVPers, half PVEers.