Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The last thing we needed was more artificial blocks on content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The last thing we needed was more artificial blocks on content

Halinalle
06.15.2014 , 02:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
You mean pay someone else an exceedingly inflated price?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

JediRelentless
06.15.2014 , 04:11 AM | #12
You mean pay someone else an exceedingly inflated price?
So what would be a fair asking price for a completed contract?

robertthebard
06.15.2014 , 09:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Your choices might be acceptable if the BH event hadn't had a system in place for a year or more that was primarily reputation and currency driven.

Not everyone rushes to legend status in a week or something. I had been saving up for getting the HK customization, after finally getting to legend, only to see the price change to 50 contracts, without any warning.

Though not quite as interested in the bowcasters, seeing them go to 39 contracts yields the same response. I believe they used to be 250k in credits.

As far as bringing the event in line with others, if that was a priority for BW, it should have been changed long ago.

I don't believe that's the case - they were changed simply to have people run contracts all over again (it takes a lot to get to Legend status), because after a year+ participation was likely starting to wane, and perhaps encourage folks to purchase contracts with credits, which always ties into the CM in some form nowadays.
How does buying contracts with credits tie into the CM again? Specifics would be nice, instead of "CM bad, grrrr".

LordArtemis
06.15.2014 , 10:45 AM | #14

The solution that doesn't alienate players would be to allow players to purchase with EITHER credits or current BBA prices so everyone can pick and choose how they want to pay.
I think that sounds reasonable.

Darth_Wicked
06.15.2014 , 10:52 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Agreed. Doubt it will ever happen though.

arunav
06.15.2014 , 10:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
How does buying contracts with credits tie into the CM again? Specifics would be nice, instead of "CM bad, grrrr".
If you hadn't noticed, plenty of folks essentially buy credits through the CM by selling packs or other items on the GTN.

When a weapon goes from 250k on the BH vendor to approximately 45k per contract (on my server) x 39 contracts, some players might simply choose to buy credits from the CM for it.

Many things in the player economy now revolve around or involve the CM.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

arunav
06.15.2014 , 10:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
BW should make this change for folks who already earned the rewards once...
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Halinalle
06.15.2014 , 11:53 AM | #18
45k * 39 is 1,755 million?

That shouldn't even be problem with current rewards from dailies. More characters you have, easier it is to achieve.

theSCARAYone
06.15.2014 , 12:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
There have been a couple of threads on this already. The general consensus is that the change brought Bounty week rewards in line with the other event rewards.

Truthfully, it was needed to keep the event used. If you didn't have to collect the contracts there would be no incentive to ever do another contract again.

Events in MMO's exist to keep players doing, not so you can grind out the rep in a week and then buy whatever you want. It's the same reason there are weekly caps on rep, so you can't max it out in a day and then complain there is nothing to do.
There's no incentive to keep doing it still because it is only slightly less boring than the nightlife event.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

robertthebard
06.15.2014 , 12:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
If you hadn't noticed, plenty of folks essentially buy credits through the CM by selling packs or other items on the GTN.

When a weapon goes from 250k on the BH vendor to approximately 45k per contract (on my server) x 39 contracts, some players might simply choose to buy credits from the CM for it.

Many things in the player economy now revolve around or involve the CM.
Um, maybe? Most of the people I know make their money running dailies and off of drops. There is one guy in our guild that does a lot of GTN work, some from the CM, but really, since I can't just go to the CM and buy 1 million credits, I'm going to have to disagree. That's a lot cash to throw around for something from an event that one can actually just farm to get the items.