Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

In what Casino in the world.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In what Casino in the world.

iankalo's Avatar


iankalo
06.15.2014 , 06:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I blame the Hutts; Those slugs...
Giradda the Hutt ate my 3m credits for 1 day. Its not realistic for this hutt to be in the casino without any guards. I wish to stab him with my lightsaber but ... its just a "green" NPC. I cant ;/ I bet , thousands of the other players wish to do the same to him.
English is not my native language Omee Topee!

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.15.2014 , 09:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by iankalo View Post
Giradda the Hutt ate my 3m credits for 1 day. Its not realistic for this hutt to be in the casino without any guards. I wish to stab him with my lightsaber but ... its just a "green" NPC. I cant ;/ I bet , thousands of the other players wish to do the same to him.
Hundreds of hidden gunturrets in the ceiling programmed to fire at anyone who aims at the great and glorious Giradda the Hutt, combined with a low-strength and low-visibility blaster shield that surrounds him and increases in strength the millisecond that ion gasses from blasters are noticed in the vicinity. (and yes, that includes lightsabers)
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
06.15.2014 , 12:23 PM | #13
The whole point of this casino was to suck the credits out of players, not reward them with even more credits. No point with "crying" on how unrewarding this event is. It was supposed to be so.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.15.2014 , 12:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The whole point of this casino was to suck the credits out of players, not reward them with even more credits. No point with "crying" on how unrewarding this event is. It was supposed to be so.
I found it quite rewarding actually.
I spent 500k credits.
I got 3 pistols, 2 rifles, 2 sniper rifles, 2 assault cannons, 1 lightsaber, 1 HK customization, 1 speeder and 1 complete outfit for that.
Compare that to the cost of getting that off the newest cartel pack...
Even if you count the outfit as the lowest priced one (since it's kinda crappy), you'd still have to pay way more than 500k for that on the GTN.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Mubrak's Avatar


Mubrak
06.15.2014 , 12:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The whole point of this casino was to suck the credits out of players, not reward them with even more credits. No point with "crying" on how unrewarding this event is. It was supposed to be so.
Well it's a lottery rather than a casion, but what's the point in sucking credits out of players? Most players won't spend more money than they can easily gain with dailies, selling crafted stuff or whatever else they do for a living. This event won't change much on the average player wealth, those who spent 20 millions in gambling until they got their rancor would have also bought one on the GTN for 30 millions.

By now everyone should have what they aimed for, or given up considering their bad luck, Nar Shadaa is already back to 2-3 instances on my server. So if the event goes on for another 9 weeks, something needs to change, either new rewards, or the ability to sell back our chips or buy credits-lockboxes so that we actually can try to make a fortune and continue to spend credits.

I'd say change the smuggler's machines into real casino-machines: allow us to sell back the smuggler's chips, and return 10+ smuggler's chips where we currently win a Kingpin chip.

The Kingpin machines would then be the special Hutt-wellfare lottery where we can win premium prizes made by Evocii child laborers. Allowing us to exchange kingpin chips for 50 smugglers chips might lower the reluctance to buy them.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
06.15.2014 , 02:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Well it's a lottery rather than a casion, but what's the point in sucking credits out of players?
Strongholds. Guild ships, decorations. MASSIVE Cartel Market update, even bigger than "Customization" lol-cr. What's better? Player buying this stuff for credits or Cartel Coins if he doesn't have the former? Why do you think Strongholds are getting delayed for so much and casino "event" is going to last for so long? Why do you think there is such item disparity in recent cartel packs? I haven't seen so rare and expensive items since the Revan set. 15 pages of "tulak" results with only 2 of them being chest pieces. Only two Rancors listed on my server. No Banthas at all after barely a month. They introduced a number of Revan's Mask-like rare and attractive items which would fetch big prices. Temple Guardian set's chest piece WILL be very rare, too.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.15.2014 , 02:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Strongholds. Guild ships, decorations. MASSIVE Cartel Market update, even bigger than "Customization" lol-cr. What's better? Player buying this stuff for credits or Cartel Coins if he doesn't have the former? Why do you think Strongholds are getting delayed for so much and casino "event" is going to last for so long? Why do you think there is such item disparity in recent cartel packs? I haven't seen so rare and expensive items since the Revan set. 15 pages of "tulak" results with only 2 of them being chest pieces. Only two Rancors listed on my server. No Banthas at all after barely a month. They introduced a number of Revan's Mask-like rare and attractive items which would fetch big prices. Temple Guardian set's chest piece WILL be very rare, too.
Or, you know, it could be a bug... since Tait said they were looking into it
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Drayvis's Avatar


Drayvis
06.15.2014 , 07:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Well it's a lottery rather than a casion, but what's the point in sucking credits out of players?
Rampant inflation. Credits aren't a finite resource, so the market over time becomes over-saturated with them as the rich characters keep getting richer leaving the true newbies struggling to cover rising market prices. Money-sinks help some, but they're definitely not a magic bullet solution.

Vinak's Avatar


Vinak
06.15.2014 , 08:57 PM | #19
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrip

EA would have done well to include pazaak in this event.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

Terro_Fett's Avatar


Terro_Fett
06.16.2014 , 04:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
those who spent 20 millions in gambling until they got their rancor would have also bought one on the GTN for 30 millions.
You fail to see the massive difference. Buying a rancor off the GTN simply moves the credits from one player to another, keeping the money in the system. What bioware is attempting to do is remove money from the game entirely.