Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Are the collections prices intended or a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight
06.13.2014 , 04:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
But I also understand that there are other variables that factor into how a CC unlock price is calculated. Number of armor pieces in the set for example... does appear to be a factor in their calculation.
That is why I am convinced that they are related.
Because the 480cc unlock sets have parts that are common and then some parts that are extremely rare. And I think they go by the rarity per piece, making the entire set much more "rare" than it should be on the unlock scale (so to speak).
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Darth_Wicked
06.13.2014 , 04:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
(...) But I also understand that there are other variables that factor into how a CC unlock price is calculated. Number of armor pieces in the set for example... does appear to be a factor in their calculation.
In what way exactly?

Reason I ask is because the Jolee Bindo armor set - for example - is missing the handwraps, belt and headgear... And it still costs 360 CC to unlock.

OddballEasyEight
06.13.2014 , 10:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I think they simply raised the prices to see if they can get away with it. If that's tue, it's despicable practice and I won't unlock anything or get cartel stuff anymore.
Sure, they just upped the price by more then five times to see if anyone noticed...

Like I've said before, this price hike is way too large to be a sneaky test of the market.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.

Andryah
06.13.2014 , 11:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
That is why I am convinced that they are related.
Because the 480cc unlock sets have parts that are common and then some parts that are extremely rare. And I think they go by the rarity per piece, making the entire set much more "rare" than it should be on the unlock scale (so to speak).
I agree with you on this.

Now we have to wait and see what they come back and share with us as to cause(s) and corrective plans. And for that...we need to apply patience. The last thread I posted in the bug report forum (the change in Gav D's belt) was responded to quickly that they would look in to it..... but it was weeks before we got a follow-up. This is of course more of an issue then that IMO... so maybe we get answers sooner rather then later.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Reno_Tarshil
06.16.2014 , 06:50 AM | #26
Bumping this thread since it's Monday.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Alec_Fortescue
06.16.2014 , 07:10 AM | #27
MAybe they did it because it's not a "regular" shipment? Normally you have new rep track and more pack names visible in collections. Maybe these aren't coming back any time soon or only during the slots "event"?

OddballEasyEight
06.16.2014 , 08:19 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
MAybe they did it because it's not a "regular" shipment? Normally you have new rep track and more pack names visible in collections. Maybe these aren't coming back any time soon or only during the slots "event"?
still doesn't explain why common sets that usually have a CC unlock price of 90 now cost more than 5 times more to unlock.
2 times? Yeah, I could undertand that, but 5 times? no.

Also, while I do believe that these packs might be limited to the events duration, there definately seems to be something wrong with the drop rate in said packs. And I am still convinced that they are connected to the unlock prices somehow.

Reno_Tarshil
06.16.2014 , 01:40 PM | #29
I hope we hear something today. /beg
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

OddballEasyEight
06.16.2014 , 02:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I hope we hear something today. /beg
I'm thinking this:

Friday, just before the end of the work day: Forums in uproar, cartel pack and collection unlocks might be bugged.
They aknowledge and pass on the info.

Weekend: - - -

Monday: Meetings with cartel market team to verify if it is a bug or not. Some sort of conclusion is drawn (hopefully that it's a bug).
Tuesday: Meetings to come up with solution/compensation to the problems. Tuesday afternoon: Announcement about what will happen or at least wether or not it is unintentional (ie. bug).
Wednesday: Working on fixing the bug. (shouldn't be THAT hard if it's just a mistake in drop rates).
Thursday/Friday: Emergency patch if the bug is considered serious enough.
Tuesday: Patch if the bug is not considered serious enough.

As for when or if a compensation comes, I'd say that will be at least another week.