Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Are the collections prices intended or a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 02:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
That's a fair question - I worded the response poorly.

When we flag an item as, say, Rare, it doesn't automatically give it an unlock price in Collections. That information is entered separately, which is why these are two distinct issues being looked at individually. Does that clarify things a bit?
Thank you for clarifying, Tait. I hope we get to hear more soon.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

KyaniteD
06.13.2014 , 03:10 PM | #12
2. Collections unlock prices - These prices are set independently of rarity since they are two different systems.
Sorry, but I find that rather hard to believe, when I look at my spreadsheet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwj...it?usp=sharing

The rare silvers are all 60 or 90 coins to unlock, so people being surprised (shocked, outraged) at the sudden price hike is kind of understandable.
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

Darth_Wicked
06.13.2014 , 03:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post

The rare silvers are all 60 or 90 coins to unlock, so people being surprised (shocked, outraged) at the sudden price hike is kind of understandable.
If you don't mind me saying...
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 03:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post

As Darth_Wicked pointed, yes thank you for this spreadsheet.

It's cause of the the previous prices that these new ones jump out at me as an issue, as they don't match up.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."

Woosh
06.13.2014 , 03:29 PM | #15
Is it hard to believe someone is basing the collections price on an assumed "desire" thus further ensuring it is being purchased for the most economical gain for the business (ahem BW). Supply and demand.

SNCommand
06.13.2014 , 03:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
Is it hard to believe someone is basing the collections price on an assumed "desire" thus further ensuring it is being purchased for the most economical gain for the business (ahem BW). Supply and demand.
Least subtle attempt ever though

They could have tried to hike up the price by 20 or 40 every third month, instead they seem to have gone absolutely berserk and decided to quadruple the price
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

KyaniteD
06.13.2014 , 03:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
No, the problem *I* have with it is not that they charge a high price for a presumably desirable item, but rather that we don't have *any* means of knowing what the unlock costs will be until we added it to collections, i.e. bound it to one character. The whole point of my spreadsheet was that I wanted to get an idea which unlock prices to expect. The high price for the silver rare set is completely, utterly arbitrary and goes against all we've experienced so far.
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

OddballEasyEight
06.13.2014 , 03:55 PM | #18

When we flag an item as, say, Rare, it doesn't automatically give it an unlock price in Collections. That information is entered separately, which is why these are two distinct issues being looked at individually. Does that clarify things a bit?
So, would one be right in assuming that while neither system is connected to the other in code, the setting of unlocks is still BASED on the drop rate?

So the problem might just be that the drop rates were set incorrectly and then the person responsible for setting the unlock costs went by that drop rate to set the cost?

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 04:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So, would one be right in assuming that while neither system is connected to the other in code, the setting of unlocks is still BASED on the drop rate?

So the problem might just be that the drop rates were set incorrectly and then the person responsible for setting the unlock costs went by that drop rate to set the cost?
That is a good possible theory, considering the vast rarity difference between the armor boxes.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."

Andryah
06.13.2014 , 04:05 PM | #20

I get that regarding CC pricing... particularly since there are more/less rare items and super rare items which means there is a drop table where every items drop % chance is carried for the servers to use. The gray and gold CM tags only give us the very broadest of understanding of rarity. We've seen plenty of sets or items that are more rare then others with the same CM flag color.

I'm not convinced however that the two issues are entirely decoupled. Until the devs share with us (if they ever choose to) how they calculate Collections unlock pricing for cartel items....... it remains a mystery how exactly this is performed inside Austin. Personally, I think they may in fact be reading the drop tables as part of how they calculate the CC unlock price. Please note.. I would be happy to be proved wrong via a lucid gold post on the topic.

But I also understand that there are other variables that factor into how a CC unlock price is calculated. Number of armor pieces in the set for example... does appear to be a factor in their calculation.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.