Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Are the collections prices intended or a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 01:45 PM | #1
At the suggestion of another user while we were discussing the recent collections unlock prices increase for the Star Cluster pack

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'm going to guess... (and yes, it's a guess) that this is somehow tied in to the inequality of drop rates as well in the new pack.

What do I mean? Well... I think... possibly... they set the wrong rarity tag and drop rates on some pieces in the sets (see my thread up in the bug-report forum) and that the CC prices are somehow driven off of rarity/drop rates.

I suggest someone launch a thread requesting clarification up in Bug Report Forum for this issue.
Basically are the items incorrectly flagged as being more rare than they are and because of that, the prices of the sets and items to unlock in the collections are higher than normal?

Is it intentional or a bug?

If it is a Bug then it would make sense, but if it is intentional can we get come clarification as to why this is different from all the previous packs we've gotten?

Thank you for your time and effort into this matter.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Andryah
06.13.2014 , 02:23 PM | #2
Yes please Tait.... some clarity is deserved IMO.

We appear to have compound issues at play here that I believe will seriously impact the sales of Cartel Packs to players. At the drop rate inequities of armor boxes within a set of armor + the unlock prices........ if it's not a bug..... then it is a fumble in the approach taken by Bioware.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

TaitWatson
06.13.2014 , 02:27 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
There are two separate issues here that are actually unrelated, so I'll address each in turn:

1. Inequality in drop rates in the new packs - I saw Andryah's thread about this earlier and spoke with the Cartel Market team, and we're looking into it now. Either the drop rate or the actual rarity symbol has a problem if the difference in drop rates is as large as indicated. I'll post something when I find out more.

2. Collections unlock prices - These prices are set independently of rarity since they are two different systems. I passed along the feedback/information in your thread in General, and they are investigating.

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 02:32 PM | #4
Thank you for the response Tait, I await to see what the results are from this.

Andryah
06.13.2014 , 02:36 PM | #5
Thanks for responding Tait. Much appreciated.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 02:39 PM | #6
-post not needed-

Darth_Wicked
06.13.2014 , 02:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
There are two separate issues here that are actually unrelated, so I'll address each in turn:

1. Inequality in drop rates in the new packs - I saw Andryah's thread about this earlier and spoke with the Cartel Market team, and we're looking into it now. Either the drop rate or the actual rarity symbol has a problem if the difference in drop rates is as large as indicated. I'll post something when I find out more.

2. Collections unlock prices - These prices are set independently of rarity since they are two different systems. I passed along the feedback/information in your thread in General, and they are investigating.

-Tait
Tait, would you kindly explain what this means exactly? I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure most of us always assumed that somehow both systems were connected or intertwined.

If a specific armor set is rarer than the other - one being Rare, the other Super-Rare -
wouldn't it make more sense for one of them to be substantially more expensive than the other, every single time?

I'm honestly puzzled.

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2014 , 02:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Tait, would you kindly explain what this means exactly? I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure most of us always assumed that somehow both systems were connected or intertwined.

If a specific armor set is rarer than the other - one being Rare, the other Super-Rare -
wouldn't it make more sense for one of them to be substantially more expensive than the other, every single time?

I'm honestly puzzled.
Thanks for coming and posing this question better I did. I am also curious to know on this matter.

TaitWatson
06.13.2014 , 02:45 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post

I'm honestly puzzled.
That's a fair question - I worded the response poorly.

When we flag an item as, say, Rare, it doesn't automatically give it an unlock price in Collections. That information is entered separately, which is why these are two distinct issues being looked at individually. Does that clarify things a bit?
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darth_Wicked
06.13.2014 , 02:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Thanks for coming and posing this question better I did. I am also curious to know on this matter.
I'll expand on the idea, if only to better convey that which I meant.

The Thana Vesh armor set for example...

It costs around 360 CC to unlock, Account wide and it is supposedly Super-Rare as far as the drop ratio goes.

The Ceremonial Mystic, on the other hand, is supposedly Rare yet it costs a whooping 480(!!!) to unlock if I'm not mistaken. This is a serious discrepancy IMHO.

Shouldn't the Rarity system and the Account wide unlock walk hand-in-hand?

EDIT:

Posted before Tait answered. Nevermind.