Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rebinding the \ key

Mooby
12.13.2011 , 07:10 AM | #1
Can it be done? it's interfering with my game play as I use \ as one of the core keys for my action bar keys, and by default it opens up a new ticket. Rebinding the key to something else, like a action bar button, does not remove the new ticket feature from the key as well.

Thanks

Erevan_Kindelar
12.13.2011 , 07:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mooby View Post
Can it be done? it's interfering with my game play as I use \ as one of the core keys for my action bar keys, and by default it opens up a new ticket. Rebinding the key to something else, like a action bar button, does not remove the new ticket feature from the key as well.

Thanks
This is something that I recall reporting as a bug during the last beta weekend, but I am not 100% sure it was with the \ key. There were a couple of keybinds that seemed to be hard-coded to tasks required for the beta so even if you reassign the keybind and the reassignment appears to have succeeded, it has not. I suspect it will be fixed in the EGA but I have not been able to check it yet.

Zkartho
12.03.2016 , 03:51 AM | #3
I just went and looked under the settings. Esc > Preferences > Key Bindings (at the bottom of the window that pops up). It depends which one you want to rebind, if it's the numpad one you go under movement and find where it says Num /, click it, and select unbind. If it's the chat one you want to get rid of, go to the chat tab, find where it says /, click it, and select unbind. Hopefully that should work

Edit: Just to clarify, the numpad / is to toggle if you're running or walking (not the default where sprint it off, actual walking). The chat / is to open the chat bar to type.
Want some helpful rewards? Use my referral link HERE and we both get them!

SteveTheCynic
12.03.2016 , 05:44 AM | #4
Two points:
1. Nice necro. You answered a five-year-old thread.

2. Whatever its age, you answered it wrong. There are, as you say, two / keys, but the question is about the \ key, of which there is just one.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.